Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2003 8:48:12 PM EDT
I don't have a problem with it, but wtf is with women.  When I leave for work in the morning, the garbage is less than half full.  When I get home in the evening, the garbage is stacked at least a foot over the edge of the garbage can.  It's almost impossible to bag it up without dropping garbage all over the place.  And of course my wife says "Can you take out the garbage?"  And I ask "Why didn't you do it when it got full?" and of course she goes off into the usual chick blabber that doesn't mean crap and gets all pissed off.  Now I scoop everything off to the point where I see garbage that I actually put in there, then bag it up.  I mean, how hard is it to take the freakin garbage out when its full?  
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:59:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Women put garbage in the garage in front of your tools and what-have-you. They dont roll the power cord up on the vacuum cleaner either. They overfill the garbage can so you can get messy trying to coax the bag out without making a big mess. I guess you have ot take the good with the bad.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:08:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Because it's not their job, it's yours

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:14:11 PM EDT
[#3]
when its half full in the morning, take it out, so when you get home it will still be half full.
problem solved. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:16:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Probably for the same reason I'm not a gourmet pastry chef.

-hanko
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:23:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Go ask your grandfather this question, and see what he has to say. Jason
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:42:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Get used to it.  I had a feminist roomate in college, but it was "my" job to take out the garbage and it was "her" job to clean the bathroom.  That is just the way it turned out, no need to ask.

I scored major points by doing dishes.  We each took turns vacuuming, no points there.

Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:44:49 PM EDT
[#7]
My wife takes the trash out more than I do. WAY more than I do.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:50:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh please, I just got yelled at for trash tonight. GEEZ!!!
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:51:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Childbirth.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:54:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey, I at least get the bag taken out of the can if she notices it first, then I will find it smack dab in the middle of the front door way.  Oh come on, the can is  5 feet from the door outside, you carried it 35 feet from the kitchen to the door, like another 5 feet is going to kill you.

Women
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:10:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Why can't women take the garbage out?

It's part of our culture. Cultural norms dictate that women are to be protected and kept secure in the house, while it's the men who venture out to work, and are also expected to take care of things outside of the house (where it's 'dangerous'), like mowing the lawn, cleaning the gutters, taking the trash out, etc.. This isn't good or bad, or even the case 100% of the time, but it is a social norm and even though some things have changed, most of us still open doors for women and take the trash out.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:57:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Mine does now and then.....

when I forget my duties! [:D]

Sometimes I get 'the look' for free too!

Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:49:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My wife takes the trash out more than I do. WAY more than I do.
View Quote

Mine too.  I don't think I've put the trash on the curb since we've had our house.  Ahh... how lucky I am... [+]:D]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:53:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:04:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Women put garbage in the garage in front of your tools and what-have-you. They dont roll the power cord up on the vacuum cleaner either. They overfill the garbage can so you can get messy trying to coax the bag out without making a big mess. I guess you have ot take the good with the bad.
View Quote

[b]Holy Crap![/b]  I thought I was the only guy that had those annoyances.  My missus of 30 years does EXACTLY those things...amazing.  Must be a girl thing...like us leaving the seat down. [;D]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:05:34 AM EDT
[#16]
my gf is pretty good at taking out the garbage [:O]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:28:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Don't you that's what kids are for?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:33:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Its all about control.  They know you want some......and there gonna make you work for it.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:49:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:03:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Trash bags are to heavy for my soon to be 2 yr old girl...

but one day!!

[:)]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:07:08 AM EDT
[#21]

My wife takes the garbage out. We both do it depending who's there when it needs to be taken out.  I just do my best to not be there at that time! [;)]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:41:33 AM EDT
[#22]
This thread reminded me it's trash day and to get the trash out on the curb!

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:46:16 AM EDT
[#23]
This reminds me of something I've always wondered about.

Why can women never remember to put the toilet seat back UP when they're done?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:08:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Trash bags are to heavy for my soon to be 2 yr old girl...

but one day!!

[:)]
View Quote

Haha me two, two yr old boy here.  At least we're at the point where I can hand him stuff and ask him to throw it away and he goes and tosses it in the garbage!  Thanks for the responses guys, you had me laughing.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:15:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:32:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Your Kung Fu is weak.  Mine not only takes the trash out to the big can in the garage, but she'll also drags the cans to the curb on trash day.

But I have it better than most, for example, she went to the bookstore the other day and felt guilty about getting herself some books so she picked me up a couple as well; John Lott's new one [b]The Bias Against Guns[/b] and [b]The Kama Sutra[/b].  

Man I love her!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:36:47 AM EDT
[#27]
I think if you're filling up a garbage can every day, you need to check what you're eating. Sounds like WAY too much pre-packaged food.

Regardless of that point, at Casa DzlBenz, there is no such "my job/your job" division per se, however there are some specialized tasks that are specific to each of us. I mow the lawn, keep up the cars, maintain the house structure and mechanical systems, and so on, because I enjoy doing those things. Mrs. Benz does the sewing, gardening, decorating, most of the cooking, all of the baking, shops for the kids' clothes and so on, because she enjoys doing those things. All else is up for grabs. My masculinity is not threatened in the least by washing dishes or running a vacuum. Her femininity is not threatened in the least by taking out the trash or putting sealer on the deck.

In our household, the everyday tasks are addressed on an as-needed basis. If the trash needs to be taken out, the one who notices does it. If the kid is wearing a shitty diaper, he who smells it, well, deals with it. (Just doesn't quite work in the present sense, does it?) Fortunately, that issue is going away as #2 Benz-ette has turned the corner on potty-training, at long last.

A marriage and raising a family require an equal committment from all involved to do what they can to help the lives of the others. Running a household requires mature adults to recognize that there are things to be done, and you'd better be a big enough person to not let your pride get in the way of taking out the damn trash or folding a shirt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top