Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2003 3:23:38 PM EDT
Traditionally the gift is "cotton."

Last year I got a great idea here from Hannah. Year one is paper and I had some photos framed and mounted. It went over very well.

So to spare my wife the joy of new "cotton" socks as a gift, who has some good ideas?
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:13:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Take her somewhere nice for a weekend. Pamper her and make her feel special. They love this stuff, and it helps to "grease the road" for the next firearm.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:37:51 PM EDT
[#2]
[u]2nd Anniversary Gifts[/u]
Traditional: Cotton
Modern:      China

may I suggest something like this:
[img]http://www.smallislandtrader.com/belleek/baskets/autumn_leave.jpg[/img]
available from: [url]http://www.smallislandtrader.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/belleek/baskets.htm?L+trader2+zpgo8128+1054704337[/url]

(edited to add that I'm headed to the kitchen to find some red meat....and my man card)
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:51:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Cotton, eh?

Maybe some fine lace?
A nice, pretty cotton dress?
Some cotton balls in the gift certificate for a full day-spa experience for her?
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:03:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Cotton T-shirt to clean the new space gun with?

[:D]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:09:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Get her some pantyhose, the type wioth the cotton crotch.  She'll love them!

Sgtar15

PS Don't worry about perfume....she'll have a "musky" scent soon enough[;)]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:39:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:47:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Get her a nice piece of jewelry and pack it in cotton to suprise her.  Maybe a pair of white socks with a ring or some pearls inside.  For my first "paper" anniversary I bought my wife a book on jewelry, cut out the middle and put a $2K strand of pearls in the middle.  She was a tad suprised.

BTW, for anyone looking at pearls I had a really good experience with [url]www.dillonpearl.com[/url].
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:59:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Two Words...

DAY SPA

Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:00:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Amatuers,
New bed sheets emlazoned with both your names/initials in a heart. Simple white ones tyhat she can save in her memories box or use. Either way, that got me big points but took me a month to get them. So hurry if you like the idea.
You must add to this though, dinner, show, and diamond earings or if the price is too high substitute a gold or silver locket with a swatch of the cloth in it and your picture to always be near her heart.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:04:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Cotton cleaning patches.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:10:37 PM EDT
[#11]
[img]http://www.elegantanniversary.com/anniversary_gifts_year_2_files/blue%20Yukata-catalog(300x300).jpg[/img]
[url]http://www.elegantanniversary.com/anniversary_gifts_by_year_1-10.htm[/url]
Cotton:
2nd Wedding Anniversary
Cotton is the traditional 2nd Anniversary Gift... but what to get?
Why not something a little exotic!
A "Yukata" is a rich cotton robe, similar to a kimono. Often used in Japanese Hotels or Inns, it's an easy tradition to get used to...
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:18:55 PM EDT
[#12]
You are setting a precedent.  Bid low.
My other thought is  a cotton thong.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:10:56 PM EDT
[#13]
The dinner, etc. is a given.

But I want to do the traditional gifts so cotton it is and not just cotton balls on something else.

Custom sheets are a good idea except we got a waterbed and sheets are already a PIA to find.
Thongs/lingerie is a bit too obvious.

I wish I hadn't got her the fluffy Victoria Secret robe for Christmas cause it would have been perfect.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:41:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Still looking for ideas. Especially from any female members.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:13:40 PM EDT
[#15]
How about monogrammed pj's to go with the robe?  Does Mrs. SteyrAUG sew?  If so, some cool cotton fabric or something?  
Marian
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:26:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
How about monogrammed pj's to go with the robe?  Does Mrs. SteyrAUG sew?  If so, some cool cotton fabric or something?  
Marian
View Quote

Nice idea but, Fl isn't exactly PJ weather and she doesn't sew.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:31:42 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm thinking a nice sniper perch in the backyard would be great....
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:35:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Been thinking about this all day, Steyr.

The cotton sheets thing is good, and to fit on a waterbed, all you need to do is get 2 king size flat sheets, (the fitted bottom sheets rarely work right on water beds anyway, IMO). Just tuck the edges under the mattress on the bottom one, we did this for years after getting fed up with waterbed sheets.
Get very high grade Egyptian cotton ones, with matching pillow cases and maybe a comforter to match. High thread count is a sign of quality, makes them softer.
With really GOOD expensive sheets, one can truly feel the difference.

She will feel very spoiled, and quite pampered, trust me, it's Auntie Hannah, would I lie to you? [;)]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:45:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Been thinking about this all day, Steyr.

The cotton sheets thing is good, and to fit on a waterbed, all you need to do is get 2 king size flat sheets, (the fitted bottom sheets rarely work right on water beds anyway, IMO). Just tuck the edges under the mattress on the bottom one, we did this for years after getting fed up with waterbed sheets.
Get very high grade Egyptian cotton ones, with matching pillow cases and maybe a comforter to match. High thread count is a sign of quality, makes them softer.
With really GOOD expensive sheets, one can truly feel the difference.

She will feel very spoiled, and quite pampered, trust me, it's Auntie Hannah, would I lie to you? [;)]
View Quote

It's an idea.

But the waterbed is King Size so I'm not sure the flat sheet would stay tucked. Also I was looking for something a bit more personal than sheets.

Editted to add: Thanks for devoting a entire day to my domestic issues. [;)]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:15:29 PM EDT
[#20]
New boots and cotton panties...
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:47:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Ok one last try.
There are table cloths out there made like doilies (spelling someone) Not the cheap $30 ones, but really nice hand knit with beautifull patterns stuff. i wish I had a digi camera I would show you one. These things are really frilly and add a very elegant touch to almost any table setting. Be aware they are pricey and a bitch to clean if you are misfortunate enough to spill something on them.
Add to this a set of fine linen napkins embroidered with your initials and matching napkin holders made of quality China, pewter, or silver, and she will adore you and all the effort and thought you put into her gift.
Good Luck

BTW I am not gay.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:07:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Just put a big bow on one of them gunsafes!
Okay, that's the gift I want Steyr.
Seriously, have you ever slept on a waterbed with a quality made featherbed placed on top?
There are always featherbeds on HSN or QVC at a good price with quick delivery. I reccomend Northern Nights. Man o man, to me, this is luxurious sleeping. We got rid of our waterbed when we moved, but that featherbed is the shit!
This is what sleeping in the womb must have been like! Dinner, jewelry and a featherbed and you are the man, for years to come!
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:43:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Steyr:

Hanau's post reminded me of something that I did for a girlfriend once.  I called up The Luxor in Vegas and ordered one of their robes, which I gave her as a gift.  In the pocket, I'd put our plane tickets and took her on a little trip for the weekend.

Even though we're no longer dating, she still wears that robe and remembers that weekend.

Now your wife may not want to go to Vegas:  pick someplace she wants to go for the weekend:  Central Park South in NYC, Taj Mahol in Atlantic City, Martha's Vineyard, Block Island, etc.  Or even a kimono to be worn in Japan.

On the smaller side, take the sheet idea and instead have a custom "hankie" made.  Something small yet personal that she can carry with her in her purse.  Pull the hankie through a small ring.  I had one made at [url]http://www.5xj/com[/url] - I like the interior engraving he does.
My ring:
[image]http://www.5xj.com/yellobelli3.jpg[/image][image]http://www.5xj.com/yellobelli1.jpg[/image][image]http://www.5xj.com/yellobelli2.jpg[/image]
It wasn't too expensive either. I wear it everyday (I bought it for myself based on a conversation I had with my fiancee) and it's presence means the world to her.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:55:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Kneepads and lip balm.

Oh wait, sorry, that's what I want to get my girl. [}:D]

Kidding aside, how about those really high thread count egyptian cotton sheet sets? They are really expensive, but she will probably love the fabric. Not quite so transparent as cotton negligie(sp?) either...

Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:02:18 AM EDT
[#25]
What did you decide on?
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:54:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What did you decide on?
View Quote

Nothing yet.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:34:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Does Victoria`s Secret or Playboy make a full legth Cotton chemise? That would be sexy and practical in Fla. Justa thought.[thinking]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:37:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Does Victoria`s Secret or Playboy make a full legth Cotton chemise? That would be sexy and practical in Fla. Justa thought.[thinking]
View Quote

I'll find out this weekend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top