Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2003 11:37:22 AM EDT
OK, I just came back from the store with " NORTON INTERNET SECURITY 2003"

Before I unseal the box and render it unreturnable, I have an important question.

HOW do I determine whether or not it will work in my computer ???

The computer is a Packard Bell and as an emblem on it with "AMD K6 2 Processor 3D NOW"
It also has a sticker on that says "Designed for Windows 98"

The Norton software package says:

"Windows ME/98 System requirements"

-Intel Pentium (or compatible) 150MHz or higher processor.[red]???[/red]

-48MB RAM (64MB Recommended)[red]???[/red]

REQUIRED FOR ALL INSTALLATIONS:

-60MB of available hard disk space[red]???[/red]

-DVD or CD ROM drive[green]YES[/green]

-Microsoft Internet explorer 5.01 or later.[red]???[/red]

-Microsoft Windows Internet support.[red]???[/red]

I have NO idea how to find the info about whats installed in my system.

Things I'm not sure about are highlighted [red]???[/red]

Any suggestions ?
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 12:00:45 PM EDT
[#1]
You really need to find out the details of your system, at least the processor speed & RAM. Go to your control panel under "My Computer", doubleclick "System", under "General" it should tell you your processor speed & amount of RAM. If its a K6 2 you should be fine, all those requirements are pretty basic, if you can't meet them it definately time for a new computer.

You can upgrade your version of explorer if you need to and you obviously have internet support if you are posting here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top