Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2003 8:45:47 AM EDT
I have a 3rd Generation Glock with High Cap Mags for Sale. I was just told by a prespective buyer that was an illegal combo. What do you think?
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:48:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:50:11 AM EDT
[#2]
The buyer is full of shit.  There is nothing in the law about using pre-ban mags in a post-ban gun.  The "law" grandfatered all the mags that were made Pre Sept 13, 1994.  Unles your mags are stamped with the LEO restriction, they are perfectly legal.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:50:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have a 3rd Generation Glock with High Cap Mags for Sale. I was just told by a prespective buyer that was an illegal combo. What do you think?
View Quote

I'd say he's either:
A) a moron, you shouldn't give guns to morons
OR
B) lives in some rediculous state where this might actually be the case.  In which case, he is a moron.  See item A above.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:50:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

In wisconsin said prospective buyer would be called an idiot. check state laws.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:11:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe illegal if it was a dealer selling a new Glock that way.  Maybe that's what's confusing him.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:23:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Maybe illegal if it was a dealer selling the Glock as new.  Maybe that is what is confusing him.
View Quote

Actually even that is fine. Beretta often does Special Edition handguns, sold NEW with preban modern capacity mags.

But since most guns are sold with NEW mags, obviously they cannot be modern capacity. They must be 10 round only.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:35:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Always have armchair lawyers cite a source.  As has been noted, the guy's eyes are brown.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:09:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have a 3rd Generation Glock with High Cap Mags for Sale. I was just told by a prespective buyer that was an illegal combo.
View Quote

Correct. You would be violating the spirit of the law.

Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:13:20 AM EDT
[#9]
ATF would have a field day at the National Matches. There will be 1500 post-ban rifles with 20 rd mags stuck in the well.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:15:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a 3rd Generation Glock with High Cap Mags for Sale. I was just told by a prespective buyer that was an illegal combo.
View Quote

View Quote

Much like Imbroglio regularly violating the spirit of human intelligence.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:18:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote
moron [img]http://forums.jolt.co.uk/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:25:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tell the guy that he isn't the only mis-informed person in the world so he shouldn't feel too bad about the error.

If he still insists he's right then he's a moron and you shouldn't consider selling a gun to a moron.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 12:22:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'd say he's either:
A) a moron, you shouldn't give guns to morons
OR
B) lives in some rediculous state where this might actually be the case.  In which case, he is a moron.  See item A above.
View Quote

ROTFLMAOKS![img]http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/grinser/grinning-smiley-003.gif[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top