Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2003 3:54:58 AM EDT
They are invading HELP, CALLING ALL ARFCOMers, LOCK AND LOAD.....FIRE AT WILL....

[img]http://fototime.com/6E5FA23F57EC856/standard.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:59:25 AM EDT
[#1]
YEA, in west texas about every 10 years we have "invasion of the jack rabbits".  it's kind of spooky driving out in the pasture at night and seeing about 1000 sets of eyes looking back at you.  then you lay into them with the 12 gauges and 10-22 rifles.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:01:08 AM EDT
[#2]
[img]http://www.kimschmutz.de/kimble/the_bunny_is_dead.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:03:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Put that sucker in the frying pan 1shott.[:D]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:10:45 AM EDT
[#4]

I wouldnt eat a wild rabbit from Texas.. They have worms pretty much all year.  It never gets cold enough to kill them.  Of coarse, unless you like fried worms.. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:50:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I thought from the topic you might be talking about Donnie Darko. [:D]

[img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38374000/jpg/_38374937_darko_300a.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:55:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I wouldnt eat a wild rabbit from Texas.. They have worms pretty much all year.  It never gets cold enough to kill them.  Of coarse, unless you like fried worms.. [:D]
View Quote

i didn't say we ate them, just killed them.
if you don't they eat everything then starve and get sick and you got a real problem
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:21:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

How cold does it have to get to kill the worms?  And how does cold kill the worms?  Lagomorphs and hares are both warm-blooded so body temps stay the same regardless of outside temperature.  To reduce body temps to the point of causing the parasites to die, the host would also die.

Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:23:24 AM EDT
[#8]
RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:25:10 AM EDT
[#9]

I was expecting this to be some kinda Democrat joke
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:35:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

ooooooops. They sure taste good fried. I was under the impression they only had worms during the hottest part of the summer. I kind of dismissed it as an old wives tale.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:42:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

ooooooops. They sure taste good fried. I was under the impression they only had worms during the hottest part of the summer. I kind of dismissed it as an old wives tale.
View Quote

Cook them in a pressure cooker first. Then let the pieces cool, bread them and just throw them into the fryer to get them crispy.

OR

Deep fry them whole in a turkey frier. THAT will kill all known parasites.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:46:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Deep fry them whole in a turkey frier. THAT will kill all known parasites.
View Quote

ok...good....cause thats the way we do it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:52:06 AM EDT
[#13]
You guys ever seen "Night of the Lepus" ? [shock]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:52:45 AM EDT
[#14]
The turkey frier, with the hot grease inside and out, takes the internal temperature wayy over 165deg almost instantly. No bacteria or worms can survive that. After three minutes it is probably around 185deg.

Turkey friers run 100deg hotter than your average fry daddy. Think the maximum setting on our frier is 375.  We would have to pressure cook them first at that temp-otherwise they would have to stay too long in the grease and get a little black and hard at the edges.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 11:01:28 AM EDT
[#15]
You need this to kill those:

[img]http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~pparker/images/hhg5.gif[/img]

The Holy Hand Grenade!
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 11:12:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

How cold does it have to get to kill the worms?  And how does cold kill the worms?  Lagomorphs and hares are both warm-blooded so body temps stay the same regardless of outside temperature.  To reduce body temps to the point of causing the parasites to die, the host would also die.
View Quote

You've never heard about not eating rabbits taken in months without an "r" in them?

May, June, July, August. Parasites in the meat are really icky.

Around here it's pretty much year round.

Link Posted: 6/3/2003 11:28:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You need this to kill those:

[url]http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~pparker/images/hhg5.gif[/url]

The Holy Hand Grenade!
View Quote

"And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, 'O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that, with it, Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits in Thy mercy.' And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats and large chu--"
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 11:46:29 AM EDT
[#18]
what are you guys talking about worms????
It's my understanding that the reason for not eating wabits before the first frost is tuluremiea(sp)(rabbit fever) the first frost kills the sick ones.
P.S. even handling the carcas with out gloves is a no no.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 12:16:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Kill them all then feed them to your evil neighbor as a "truce" and see if he lives or not.  THAT is the true test!!!   [}:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top