Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2003 11:14:45 PM EDT
[img]http://000buck.d2g.com/dinner/columbian.jpg[/img]
mmm rare!

and no, its not as big as it looks, that rat is a small rat.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 11:20:52 PM EDT
[#1]
sorry dude, this does not qualify as a dinner pic.  No measuring device, no stapler, etc.

Good try though
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 11:40:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Why do ya have to put the rat in an empty cage then put the snake in? Weird snake?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 11:52:58 PM EDT
[#3]
its about controlling the feeding response.

I feed all mine in separate container, first the food goes in, then i wash my hands, get the snake and put the snake in and let it do its buisness.

reason:
if i just drop a rat in their tank, then it will think that everytime i open it food is coming, and go into feeding mode.  Which means I get struck at(food strike is different than anger strike).  This form of feeding does not contributed to that behavior.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 12:03:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Hmm, interesting. But how do you avoid a food bite doing it this way, due to the snake now believing as soon as it is touched or removed, its time to eat? he he he[:)]

I am lucky I guess, I have one that's as docile as can be, and will eat just about any rat I throw in the cage. I have no problems holding her or allowing my kid to hold her.

I have another however, that bites no matter what I do. I have had her since she was a few weeks old and she bites every time. She is not a "holder", but is really effective in finding and capturing rats. One mean ass snake.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 12:09:05 AM EDT
[#5]
this way they are not going into food mode evertime the tank is open..and the food smell stays away from their enclosure.  They dont go into food mode when i pick them up out of the cage though, I do see your point...but I think that might be one step beyond their comprehension lol.

All my snakes are docile except for 1, she just latches on to finger and wraps your hand..its a 4ft cali king...and they dont want to let go.  At least it dont hurt at all.

[url]www.kingsnake.com[/url] the arfcom of the snake world...great forums!

btw i have 13 Snakes...kings, boas, pythons, and a hognose.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 12:13:00 AM EDT
[#6]
MURDERERS!
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 12:29:50 AM EDT
[#7]
How is a snake posting on this forum?
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 12:35:47 AM EDT
[#8]
That picture makes me sad. [:(]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 12:49:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
MURDERERS!
View Quote

OOPS. Freeride, I forgot to ask you to blur out the rat. Obviously, IMBRO is related.

Sorry you had to see that IMBRO.[:)]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 1:25:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
sorry dude, this does not qualify as a dinner pic.  No measuring device, no stapler, etc.
Good try though
View Quote

I believe a spare mag should always be included!
[img]http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/mittelgrosse/medium-smiley-124.gif[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top