Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2003 9:01:35 PM EDT
[url=www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,88289,00.html]Father Kills Three Kids, Hangs Himself at Ala. Home[/url]
GADSDEN, Ala. — A father apparently upset over marital problems killed his three children and hanged himself early Saturday in rural northeastern Alabama (search), authorities said.

William Eric Krost, 36, was found dead by his wife, Wendy, at about 7:30 a.m. after she returned home from a night out with friends, Etowah County Sheriff James Hayes said.

Investigators found the couple's children -- Brandon, 10, Ashley, 8, and Katherine, 4 -- dead in their beds, he said. The mother told police she had thought they were only sleeping.

"In my 31 years of law enforcement, I've never seen a more gruesome crime scene against children than I saw today," Hayes said. He would not say how the children were killed.

The couple was having marital problems (search) and had been discussing divorce (search), Hayes said.

The deaths in the Tabor community north of Gadsden came [red]just a week after a Gadsden couple and their 8-year-old daughter were stabbed to death.[/red] Police have arrested two men in connection with the killings, but no charges have been filed.
View Quote
But if there was a gun in the house, that would have [i][url=www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=8371731&dopt=Abstract]increased their risk[/url][/i] for this.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:12:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, he wanted to use an Assault Rifle, but since they are banned he had to use other means.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:18:47 PM EDT
[#2]
His gun was out getting a pack of smokes at the time, so he had to kill his kids with his bare hands.

Damn guns... they have a will of their own.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top