Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2003 12:00:43 PM EDT
My friend brought up the idea because he knows a guy who said he needs some guys to do this work.
  Considering my car just go stolen and work has been real slow and the expenses are still coming in I need to do something to get some quick cash.

any tips, I don't want to make a career out of it I just want to do it for a little while then when things get straightened out I can quit.

any help I guess we would just be chasing down guys hopefully making some money.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:31:49 PM EDT
[#1]
all chime in, as I understand it there is old laws on the books which basically allows a person on bail to sign their rights over to the bondsman.  So that is why there isn't too many laws controlling them.

not that it wouldn't be fun but do you really want to chase down badguys and have the cops possibly arresting you while your doing it?

and since getting a ccw is tought in CA how are you going to carry?

Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:15:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes you need a license.  Once you get a license, in some areas that can facilitate a CCW.

I suggest you go here

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/calaw.html

and search in both the Insurance and Penal Codes under Bail

Assuming you meet all the requirements, the turn around time lately for the Insurance Board for licensing anybody has been 3+ months from requesting the exam, taking the exam and getting the license.

Then you will need to find a bail bondsman willing to take you on and the liability involved.  

So don't let me discourage you, it's easy.  Would this be something to do under the table?  I dunno, get involved with State and Federal Tax folks, Insurance Commissions, maybe the criminal justice system when you kick somebodies door in (or worse), then again it might be a hoot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top