Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2003 5:18:56 AM EDT
Anyone have any experience with one of these? I picked up one for $125 at the gun show today. I'm thinking about adding either the 22 Mag or 17 HMR barrel and carrying it at the office. I'll shoot it at the farm tomorrow and report back if it doesn't blow my hand off  .

Cheers!
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:42:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw those at the show.  Used to be special paperwork on them at one time.  Did you have to do anything special in the purchase, or was it just like buying a handgun?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:47:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Aren't these classifed under the National Firearms Act as Any Other Weapons? Don't they require an approved Form 4 and a $5 transfer tax to purchase or transfer?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:48:16 AM EDT
[#3]
007 stuff ?????
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:01:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Aren't these classifed under the National Firearms Act as Any Other Weapons? Don't they require an approved Form 4 and a $5 transfer tax to purchase or transfer?
View Quote

Not the ones that "fold" into a pistol-shaped item before they can be fired.

Personnaly, I think that they SHOULD be AOW's. They arent very tactical and are only good for ONE, SMALL shot in the event that one NEEDS to be used. Perfect for robbing convenient stores and no better than a Saturday Night Special.

I know for FACT that LE agencies are very concerned about them because of their size/shape.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:05:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Not the ones that "fold" into a pistol-shaped item before they can be fired.

Personnaly, I think that they SHOULD be AOW's. They arent very tactical and are only good for ONE, SMALL shot in the event that one NEEDS to be used. Perfect for robbing convenient stores and no better than a Saturday Night Special.

I know for FACT that LE agencies are very concerned about them because of their size/shape.
View Quote
What are they not concerned with ????
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:30:06 AM EDT
[#6]
It was just like purchasing any other hand gun.  As far as what LEOs think, I know several oficers that don't think civilians should be allowed to own handguns at all, so I really don't care what the LEO opinion is is.  

Do we now need to have a purpose to own guns?  Why do you need any gun?  Just call your friendly police officer if your life is ever in jeapordy and I'm sure they will respond well before you or your family faces anything "realy" life threatening.  No one needs to hunt either.  Just go to Kroger or any other grocery store and buy your meat the civilized way.

As far as my reason to buy one goes...I work in an enviroment that has been identified by local, state and federal authorities as a prime target for terrorism.  No, my little pen gun may not be as devistating as my 1911 but it can be carried covertly and may offer an option in a last chance senario.

Anyway, I'm really just wondering if anyone has any experience with one of these?  If you look at one closely you'll notice that it is an engineering marvel.

Cheers!

Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:35:07 AM EDT
[#7]
$125 eh?

Hmmmm.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:49:14 AM EDT
[#8]
But now for the important question.... Blue or black ink?

SorryOciffer
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:55:32 AM EDT
[#9]
I was unfamiliar with these until now.

Here's a link to a pic for those that are curious...

[url]http://www.stingerpengun.com/index.htm[/url]

Edited to change to better link...here you go...right to the manufacturer.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:07:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted: Perfect for robbing convenient stores and no better than a Saturday Night Special.
View Quote

those damn saturday night specials! the only guns us peasants should be allowed are expensive ones. you know where "saturday night special" comes from right? "ni@@ertown saturday night". ban cheap guns so the ghetto dwellers can't afford weapons.

Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:21:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
But now for the important question.... Blue or black ink?

SorryOciffer
View Quote

That's the only bad thing about it.  It doesn't have any ink.  Otherwise it would be perfect.

Quoted:
$125 eh?

Hmmmm.
View Quote

They usually sell for $179 but this one was used.  THe shop owner fired 3 rounds out of it to see if it actually worked.  It did.

[img]http://mywebpages.comcast.net/556X45/pen1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://mywebpages.comcast.net/556X45/pen2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://mywebpages.comcast.net/556X45/pen3.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:21:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Those are pretty neat

Surbu makes a AOW one with a screw on suppressor.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:28:59 PM EDT
[#13]
I remember seeing those things at gun shows several years ago.

I thought it would be cool to have one just as a novelty.

As far a fumbling around with that thing and trying to fire it off under stress........I don't know,the perps likly to shove it up your ass with a candle on it before you can hurt him.

Why not just stick a P32 in your pants pocket.

They weigh about 1/2 pound loaded,and about as discreet as it gets.

Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:42:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Wassup?  They didn't have the bling bling gold plated model available?

[img]http://stingerpengun.com/images/Thumbs/GoldSmall_t.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:48:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:27:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Devil's Advocate we don't need you anti gun spew here.
Why don't you and your NRA card go join a trap/skeet club?
View Quote

Sounds like your a Dealer! Anything to make a buck, I guess.

You're all missing the point. Sure, I think it's a cool NOVELTY also. But they are just a novelty. If you're gonna carry concealed, CARRY A REAL GUN that shoots REAL (bigger) bullets and MORE of them.

Yeah, I'm all for the disappearance of cheap Saturday Night Specials...BFD! Im all for the disappearance of ALL cheap guns made of inferior metallurgy such as Hesse/Vulcan and anything else that cannot be counted-on when lives are on the line.

Yeah, if guns are expensive (to a point) they are better cared for and usually more secure, which means less guns in the hands of those who should'nt have them.

NRA member? Thanks for swearing at me, brother.

Link Posted: 6/2/2003 1:49:48 AM EDT
[#17]
I own one and used to carry it in my pizza delivery days.

My only real advise is to practice, practice, practice!

You need to practice your draw, cock/fold, disengage the automatic safety.

If you don't and you have to use it, I can almost guarantee you'll leave the safety on.

I do like mine.  Slips in my pants pocket with the clip holding it in place.  Noone ever comented on it.

Its good for one shot and the chance to run like hell.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 3:29:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Donith,

You're right about the safety.  My brother and I were playing with it at the farm yesterday.  I just like the idea of having it as an option.  How long do you think it will take to shoot up a brick of ammo with this little guy?  My FFL said "Son, you won't live long enough!"  LOL, I think he just may be right.

I may pick up a P380 when they're available to carry covertly but until then I'll put this in my pocket.

Anyway this is primarily a little novelty gun that I've liked since I first saw them.  I just couldn't justify any more then $125 for one.  

As far as a range report goes, it went bang every time I pulled the trigger.  That's more than I can say about my Keltecs.  As far as accuracy goes... I can't see hitting anything much further than 2-3 yards on a good day.  But it's loud as hell so maybe you've got that shock and awe thing going for ya?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top