Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2003 10:36:43 PM EDT

Anyone know a good link to download an MP3 editor program that will C&P portions of MP3 files together? Like to cut the beginning of one MP3 track and paste with the end of a different tune?

Link Posted: 5/31/2003 11:10:28 PM EDT
[#1]
You're probably not using a Mac i'd guess, correct??

If you are i'd recommend [url=http://www.bias-inc.com]Peak LE[/url] from Bias, Inc.

Its an excellent editor, I used it for a while and plan to get Peak 4(not LE) when its available.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 11:12:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Nope. PC, Win98

Link Posted: 5/31/2003 11:19:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I use Cool-Edit Pro by Syntrillium.
[url]http://www.syntrillium.com/[/url]

CE2000 is pretty good too. I don't know if there are any "free" versions floating around though.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:11:02 AM EDT
[#4]
[url=www.sonicfoundry.com/download/Step2.asp?DID=155]Acid Xpress 3.0[/url] will probably do what you're wanting.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:48:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Whatever you do, DO NOT buy Pinnacle systems "Mymp3Pro". There is ZERO support for it; in fact, it isn't even mentioned on their web site.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:45:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I use Cool Edit 2000 (referred to as CE2000 above).  It is a pretty good audio editor, and I have used it for many things, not just MP3s.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:58:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Can you use it to adjust the volume levels in MP3 and .wav files. I hate it when I'm listening to music and I have to turn it up to actually hear it and then get blasted when the next song starts, especially when using headphones.

Chris
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:40:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Thanks for the links guys. They look good. I'll look into Cool-Edit.

But in the mean time - [b]I really just wanted a simple "cut & splicer" to cut short pieces from one tune and join them with pieces from another and so on.[/b]

I'm almost done with an Iraq War Tribute flash slideshow and it has about 6 different MP3 audio pieces with it.

But it's 12MB and I'd like to reduce it by only cutting the specific sections of music into one shorter, spliced-together MP3 file.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top