Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2003 6:34:50 PM EDT
jus curious if anyone here plays airsoft or has one or any..wantin sumthin to goof off with when i cant get to the range..do these things have any power behind em? jus curious. thanks.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:51:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a few. They are very fun just to shit around with ,but some of the rifles can, and are used for paintball-like games, but more mil-sim. They do have some power, but not enough to kill ( at least most of em ). An HFC M-16A2 has enough power to punch a clean hole in paper at 120', and the Sunproject M40 could do this at about 150', both in stock form. Usually, if you get hit with the pellet, it leaves a little red welt, and feels like a bee-sting. The guns come in every variety, shape, size, and model, with tons of accessories. You could even make a replica of an AR-15 if you have one!
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:52:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a couple of airsoft guns from 10 years ago, one gas powered, one spring powered.  They were great fun to shoot each other with (paintball wasn't nearly as accessible as it is now).  Wouldn't even leave a bruise, but they could do some eye damage.  Handy to practice the marksmanship with too.  If I found a couple hundred bucks, I could see spending it on one of the electric full-auto ones that are available now.  That would be great fun.  They are starting to show their age, however.  Not much power or accuracy left (remember, 10 years).  I've recently bought a Beeman 650GT pellet rifle and a Walther CP99 pellet pistol for indoor target practice.  The pistol in particular is a kick to shoot.  
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:53:50 PM EDT
[#3]
What knida ASGs did you have?
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:16:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Still got em.
One is a Beretta 92 variant that had a high-quality folding stock, front grip that folded down in front of the trigger guard (which was widened to allow the thumb of the foreward hand through), and barrel extension.  It had two magazines that held both the freon (!) and 30 airsoft BB's.  It had an interesting design that gave the BB's a backspin to increase the range.  That led to all sorts of interesting flight patterns in cross winds.  
The other is a Walther MPK submachine gun.  Metal folding stock and 60-round magazine.  The sights were adjustable, and it was fairly accurate in it's day.  Now it's shooting 4-inch groups at 10 yards.  That's what prompted me to buy the pellet guns.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:19:07 PM EDT
[#5]
yeah thats cool..i been visiting the AIRGUN store online and they have sum wicked stuff..even thought bout the AIRFORCE pressurized BB gun,,but that is alot of coin for those..they have a good selection of Airsoft,,probably get the HK,,lol.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:14:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Here we have teams, in indoor CQB range, and and organization of airsoft players.  It is big here and there is a lot of action.  I started to get some excercise.  If you can take a little pain it is a clean way to have a little fun.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:32:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Still got em.
One is a Beretta 92 variant that had a high-quality folding stock, front grip that folded down in front of the trigger guard (which was widened to allow the thumb of the foreward hand through), and barrel extension.
View Quote

Dont you mean the Beretta 93R??
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:56:03 PM EDT
[#8]
He does. Dude, keep that Walther. Not too many of them are around anymore.

If you want to see Airsoft guns, go to www.shortyusa.com
www.redwolfairsoft.com
www.airsoftatlanta.com
www.plyconsarmory.com

That backspin systems is called hop-up. Uses the safe principle as the airplane wing to extend the effective range out to over 100 yards with the best rifles.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:17:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I had one of the 93R's from about 5 years ago, total garbage
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:28:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Just go with the TM HGHU pistols, or most of the KWC lineup. They are the best out there ( springers ).

Check this out :http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store.html
This place has an M4 with the SIR upper assy. in the AE Max section.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:58:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I know nothing about these. But I handled a Caspian 1911 (Co2 or whatever) in a local store and it was pretty cool. I found it on the internet for half as much. I want one.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 10:43:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Modern gas blow back pistols, and electric rifles/smgs (Automatic Electric Guns - AEGs) are pretty damn sweet for playing milsim wargames with instead of paintball.

I've got a gas pistol, a KSC M9 copy that is pretty nice.  However playing with 6-8 other guys in the woods I never use the pistol, the AEG rifles or SMGs are the ticket for outdoors play. About to purhcase an AEG myself so I can quit bumming an extra from one of the other players.  Crazy fun, realistic safety operation/mag reloads, realistic sights, lotta fun.  

Sure beats paintball.

There's also the cheap crap, the $20 "springers" and the little mini electrics.  Nothing but toys, vastly inferior to the gas pistols and full size AEGs.  Downside the good stuff will set you back $100+ for a gas pistol, and $200-$300 for a Tokyo Marui AEG...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top