Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2003 6:10:51 PM EDT
Howard Dean cares more about the economy? Let me tell you a short anecdote about Howard Dean's economy.

Abotu 4 years ago, my wife had a business trip to Washington state. One of her clients inquired as to her home state. When she said that she live in Vermont, the person responded, "Oh. Vermont. The Welfare State".

This person was not exaggerating. I have lived in Vermont off and on now and then. I have lived mostly just across the border in New Hampshire when jobs and such permitted. Vermont sucks the life out of independant people and gives it to welfare addicts.

A few years ago, Vermont legalized gay marriage. According to polls at the time, the majority of Vermonters (65+%, if I recall correctly) objected to the bill because it gave preferential healthcare and other financial consideration to a single group of people compared to the population as a whole. In spite of the mandate of the residents of Vermont, Dean pushed this legislation through the channels and it became law.

Government is supposed to represent the will of the people. Dean said "To hell with the will of the people". Thats why Dean didn't run for governor again. He knew he'd lose because he betrayed the people he swore to represent.

If you drive around in Vermont, you'll see signs posted here and there statewide. They say "Take Back Vermont". Those signs aren't anti-homosexual. They're voicing the displeasure of a huge number of Americans who have been hijacked by their government.

Vote for Dean? Note in a million years. Its not his policies I object to most. Its the deaf ear he turns to the populace he governs.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:14:40 PM EDT
[#1]
... Funny thing, I always ask myself, is this all the democRats can come up with?

... Their can't even agree on their cause or platform. Read 10 minutes of DU shit and you'll see what I mean.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:17:22 PM EDT
[#2]

In the study of Logic, one of the Common Errors in Reasoning is "Proof" By Selected Instances.......
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:01:03 PM EDT
[#3]
duckdawg you have taken the words right out of my mouth!  that piece of shit Howard Dim makes me sick when I see him on TV (which isnt long as I change the channel quick).  God only knows what the idiot is thinking. Seems its always the reverse of what's logical.  Like I tell the few liberals that I associate with around here, the SOB couldnt run a state, and now he is thinking of running the whole country?  what a putz.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top