User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2003 5:59:59 PM EDT
OH HOW THEY WISH!!!!

[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A62949-2003May31.html[/url]

[b]Blair Says Iraq Weapons Secrets Will Be Publicized [/b]

Reuters
Saturday, May 31, 2003; 7:15 PM

By Mike Peacock

ST PETERSBURG, Russia (Reuters) - Prime Minister Tony Blair insisted on Sunday that Britain and the United States would unearth evidence of Iraq's "weapons of mass destruction" and make it public before long.

In an interview with Britain's Sky Television at a Russia-European Union summit, Blair said he had already seen plenty of information that his critics had not, but would in due course.

"Over the coming weeks and months we will assemble this evidence and then we will give it to people," he said. "I have no doubt whatever that the evidence of Iraqi weapons of mass destruction will be there."

Months before war was launched, Blair produced what he said was intelligence that Saddam Hussein could launch biological or chemical weapons at short notice, in Iraq or at its neighbors.

That became London's justification for joining Washington's war in the Gulf. But weeks after the conflict finished, no such weapons have been found.

Widespread international cynicism about British and American motives for the war was stoked this week by a BBC report that an intelligence dossier had been altered, at the request of Blair's office, to make it "sexier" by adding that Iraq's weapons could be readied for use within 45 minutes.

UNREPENTANT

Blair publicly made that assertion as he argued Saddam had to be tackled. But he was unrepentant on Sunday.

"Those people who are sitting there saying 'Oh it is all going to be proved to be a great big fib got out by the security services, there will be no weapons of mass destruction', just wait and have a little patience," he said.

"I certainly do know some of the stuff that has already been accumulated...which is not yet public but what we are going to do is assemble that evidence and present it properly."

Blair has recently raised fresh justifications for toppling Saddam, pointing to his oppressive regime and its documented atrocities. But his political opponents will continue to hound him over the original reason he gave for war.

Blair took a big gamble backing a war which was heavily opposed by Britons before it started. Polls later turned in Blair's favor but the issue has the power to return and bite him.

The controversy has been fueled by comments from the two top U.S. defense officials that the American decision to stress the threat of nuclear, chemical or biological weapons was taken for "bureaucratic" reasons, and that Iraq may have destroyed them before the war.

The UK government on Saturday denied a report that Foreign Secretary Jack Straw and his U.S. counterpart Colin Powell had serious doubts about the quality of intelligence they received on Iraq's weapons programmes.

The Guardian, quoting a diplomatic source, said the pair had met shortly before a crucial U.N. Security Council meeting in February and both expressed their "deep concerns about the intelligence" they were getting on Iraq.

A Foreign Office spokeswoman said the report was "untrue."

Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:06:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I think you're wrong.  I believe that the Iraqis have done an excellent job of hiding the weapons but will be found in due course.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:56:54 PM EDT
[#2]
There [the wmds] buried.I beleave Saddam buried them with the help of the French/Russians so they could get it embargo lifted.Send in the UN inspectors and look no WMD, so Iraq can start send all the oil he owes them [French/Russians].Saddam never thought we would go against the UN and attack him.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:05:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Really guys..How many times have we [gunowners] said if the govermnet bans guns...Oh what guns..I sold them, sorry I don't reminder to who etc.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:11:01 PM EDT
[#4]
The "stuff" is there.They will find it. Keep the faith. YOU may need some extra foil for your hat.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:11:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, the price of gas went down, so i'm okay with it all.[banana]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:18:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't know where all pix of the men, women, children who were gased by Saddam disappeared to, but these folks are difinitely suffering from "out of sight, out of mind" syndrome.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:30:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I think that anyone who believes that Iraq had no chemical weapons should have to take a drink from the Tigris River.

I also believe that within a week of the military finding an anthrax-tipped SCUD, the liberal media will be asking, "So, why haven't we found any WMD's yet?"
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:38:39 PM EDT
[#8]
The thing is,even if they didn't have any "new" WMD's(I believe they do),there are still tons and tons of WMD's that are cataloged and known to have existed still unaccounted for from after the first Gulf War.

Thats why the inspectors were put back  in there.

Where have all those gone?

Why's no one asking about them?
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:47:35 PM EDT
[#9]
And of course the Iraqi Army continues to control the Bagdad airport, after mutilating the American hordes, and of course we have no weapons of mass destruction.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:52:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Who cares, that regime was a blight on humanity.

If they pulled the grounding prong on a toaster oven and it presented a shock hazard they should have gone.

1.2 million people were killed in Iraq, and in the wars that Iraq fought. That's way too many.

Or the US decided they had to go. That's enough.

Let that be a lesson to the rest of ya'
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 10:07:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Perhaps they disappeared via the WMD loophole?

cynic
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 10:44:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Even if they do find WMD's , the likes of Feinstein & Shumer will scoff at it...probably because " those WMD rockets are within the legal  10 gallon limits" [:E]
But , by Gawd, they better not find a bayonet lug on a SCUD.... [nono]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 10:48:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah, and what about all the missiles that they're not allowed to have?
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 11:09:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Doesn't matter.  Paul Wolfowitz confirmed my theory of the case for war one or two days ago.
He said that there were many reasons, but the WMD reason was the one that would seem most legitimate and resonate better with the people. I personally don't care.  If they used it as a pretext, fine.  It would be good that should find them,WMD's that is, but if not there were plenty of reasons that justified action.

TS
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:10:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I don't know where all pix of the men, women, children who were gased by Saddam disappeared to, but these folks are difinitely suffering from "out of sight, out of mind" syndrome.
View Quote

Saddam never gassed women and children, at least not intentionally. He did use gas on the Iranian army, and they used gas on him. No evidence has ever existed saying he gassed his own people. Its a myth.

Quoted:
I think that anyone who believes that Iraq had no chemical weapons should have to take a drink from the Tigris River.
View Quote

Okay, then where are they?

Quoted:
The thing is,even if they didn't have any "new" WMD's(I believe they do),there are still tons and tons of WMD's that are cataloged and known to have existed still unaccounted for from after the first Gulf War.
View Quote

Those "unaccounted" WMD's were nothing more than a paperwork error. We claimed they had XXX, they claimed they had YYY. It had nothing to do with confirmed numbers, just estimates.

Where have all those gone?
View Quote

Its easy to have things disappear when they don't exist in the first place

Why's no one asking about them?
View Quote

Because they don't want the truth out.

Quoted:
Doesn't matter.  Paul Wolfowitz confirmed my theory of the case for war one or two days ago.
He said that there were many reasons, but the WMD reason was the one that would seem most legitimate and resonate better with the people. I personally don't care.  If they used it as a pretext, fine.  It would be good that should find them,WMD's that is, but if not there were plenty of reasons that justified action.

TS
View Quote

So basically, it doesn't matter why we went it, just that we did. And your comfortable with the government lying to you. Hmm. And people wonder why we are in the state we are in.

--

Listen, its not hard to prove that there are WMD. Its real simple. "Look: here is a canister of chemicals. Look: here is a nuclear bomb." But of course its hard when they don't exist.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:34:16 AM EDT
[#16]
The reports I've seen lead me to believe that Iraq did have a WMD program and was actively aiding groups of people that want to see harm come to this nation.

Regardless of those beliefs, the defensive occupation of Kuwait is over. A regime that tortured and killed its populous in astounding numbers has fallen and will be replaced by something with a less poisonous disposition.

-But then, I was one of the people who thought that daddy bush made a horrible mistake by not taking out Saddam on the first go round. (better late than never)    
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:24:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Saddam never gassed women and children, at least not intentionally. He did use gas on the Iranian army, and they used gas on him. No evidence has ever existed saying he gassed his own people. Its a myth.
View Quote

[img]http://www.kdp.pp.se/15.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.kdp.pp.se/bad0080.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.kdp.pp.se/1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.kdp.pp.se/3.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.kdp.pp.se/4.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.kdp.pp.se/14.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.kdp.pp.se/11.jpg[/img]

Yup its nothing but a myth. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:32:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Liberty,

If you don't think Saddam gassed his own people check out WorldLink TV (very anti-American) and the programs "Good Kurds, Bad Kurds" and "The New Kurdistan".  "The New Kurdistan" has the only documentation of Ansar Al-Islam that I've seen on TV.

I didn't say I want my government to lie to me.  I said I knew the government was using WMD to attack Iraq.  There was an ready standing case against an Arab country that held some legitimacy which allowed the U.S. to attack.  The reason to do so was to say, "Hey! We can do this to you, too. So don't send any terrorists over to the U.S.

TS  
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:38:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Who cares, that regime was a blight on humanity.

If they pulled the grounding prong on a toaster oven and it presented a shock hazard they should have gone.

1.2 million people were killed in Iraq, and in the wars that Iraq fought. That's way too many.

Or the US decided they had to go. That's enough.

Let that be a lesson to the rest of ya'
View Quote

Oly has it right.  Who cares if they find WMDs?  The world is now a better place.  Our military got in some good training time.  What's not to like about that?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:40:33 AM EDT
[#20]

So Raven does this mean you disagreed with the pre-emptive strike?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:49:06 AM EDT
[#21]
They are expecting to excavate 15,000-20,000 bodies found in several mass graves so far.  I expect that even more will be found.

That alone would and should have been enough of a reason to go in.  They found some of the kidnapped Kuwaiti's in a grave on one of the military compounds.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:49:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:10:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Doesnt matter
Saddam funded trained supported the terrorists of 09-11
However unless we completley go after ALL the terrorists...they will simply filter back into Iraq as we give them autonomy...
And in ten years we will have to go back...but by that time a more terror-UN friendly govt will be in power...
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:40:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Yup its nothing but a myth. [rolleyes]
View Quote

yep, just like that holocost thing
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:40:38 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm not worried ,what I think is going to happen is that they are going to wait until the anti war/Bush "people" get so deep in this "no WMT" rhetoric and then "bling bling here they are"
Anyone else realize that we still have "black ops" guys that can do spec ops if needed,like put a few hundred barrels of anthrax out there in the desert?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:25:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Maybe they switched from Pre-ban:

Made in France

to Post-ban:

Made in U.S.A.

ED
although I think they will find things over there.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:04:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Who cares if they do not find WMDs. We now control the OIL. Bye-Bye Saudis.[8D]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:55:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Perhaps they disappeared via the WMD loophole?

cynic
View Quote

LOL!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top