Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2003 12:52:37 PM EDT
I'm looking to pick up a few relatively inexpensive general purpose discs that I can use and loan to family and friends while playing. I can't find my old disc and I have no idea who makes good discs or what discs are good for all-around use.

I don't want to spend too much money, because some of these will probably end up lost in the woods.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 1:49:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Innova makes a whole series of discs for 7-9 bucks each locally.  I recently bought three for myself. Make sure and hit the Surplus store for a nice map case to haul them in,,,,it keeps the hippies nervous.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 3:58:46 PM EDT
[#2]
It does seem the game attracts hippies. Maybe I should carry some spray deoderant to ward them off...

Any particular discs a good midrange compromise? I was checking out some disc golf web sites and there almost as many different kind of discs as there are calibers in the gun world.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:01:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I used to think golf was a boring game.  Then I tried frisbee golf!  My esteem of regular golf went through the roof after that.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:04:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you smoke weed? Everyone that I know that plays disc golf is a stoner. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:27:53 PM EDT
[#5]
You can get an aluminum pie pan pretty cheap at your local grocery store.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:28:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Disk Golf? [>:/]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:48:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Do you smoke weed? Everyone that I know that plays disc golf is a stoner. [:)]
View Quote

No. I haven't played in years, but I thought I'd take my nephews. I like the fact that other than paying for the discs (about $8-10) you don't have to shell out any additional money. Unless you lose a disc in the woods.

Plus it's a fun game.It's not like regular golf where there's a learning curve before you can play halfway decent.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:48:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Go to http://www.wrightlife.com/
They are very helpful, low-priced, and they will answer questions!

Get a fair assortment of guts, Ultimate, Freestyle and sport discs.  A neutral driver is fun for long range play also.
At $3.50 to $8 each you can get a handful.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:20:11 PM EDT
[#9]
That is a fun game,and like bastiate said,its cool that its so cheap to play.

And..........aaah.......yeah I discovered it when I was an amateur chemist.[:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top