Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2003 8:26:33 AM EDT
They will jack up the shipping charges on you.  I  went to the usual UPS warehouse where I send out guns and discovered it was closed.  I was directed to a UPS store location to send out the rifle not far away.  I was going to ship it out next day until I was quoted a price of 96.00 from Ohio to Maryland. The Second Day rate was $48.00.  All the signs say UPS and the forms are just like the ones UPS uses.  Did not even realize until I got home and looked at the receipt that I was dealing with a Mailboxes, Etc. franchise.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:38:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Mailboxes Etc, and places just like them SUCK!

They are just as vad as furniture rental places and check-cashing places.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:40:16 AM EDT
[#2]
UPS bought all the Mailbox Etc. franchises. So technically they are UPS. However they still charge higher rates than dealing with UPS direct. They claim they reduced the rates when UPS took over. I think this is accomplished by UPS giving the stores a break on shipping charges and the stores still get their regular markup.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:40:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Mailboxes Ect has something like a 90% markup on the UPS prices.

To get around this print your mailing lable off the internet and just drop the already labelled package of at Mailboxes Ect.  You will pay the same price that you would have at the UPS location.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 11:25:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I got some pretty decent prices at the UPS store last week (at least I think).

Shipped a ground package for $7 bux and a 3-day air saver for $9, I'm not complaining.  Both were decent sized packages.

Worth it to me to save the longer drive over to the nearest UPS place I know of.

I had used this particular store when it was a Mailboxes Etc. before, and they changed all the staff and management from what I could tell.  So it's not just the same old same old completely...
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 12:50:10 PM EDT
[#5]
You can ship a rifle via USPS. Use them instead. Avoid UPS like the plague. Sooner or later, they will screw you over. It's just a matter of time.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 12:53:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top