Posted: 5/31/2003 8:25:21 AM EDT
SO ARE ALL GUNS YOU IDIOT!

[url]http://www.wndu.com/news/052003/news_20160.php [/url]

CRC
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:29:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:30:08 AM EDT
[#2]
[red]The bullet fires 30-round magazines at high speed.[/red] The bullets have a lot of stopping power and penetration.
View Quote

[>:/]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:31:45 AM EDT
[#3]
The AR-15 is the non-military version of the M-16. The bullet fires 30-round magazines at high speed. The bullets have a lot of stopping power and penetration.
View Quote

So what kind of stopping power can I expect from a 30 rd magazine?
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:33:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:43:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:44:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The AR-15 is the non-military version of the M-16. The bullet fires 30-round magazines at high speed. The bullets have a lot of stopping power and penetration.
View Quote

So what kind of stopping power can I expect from a 30 rd magazine?
View Quote

That depends on how many rounds are in it when you hurl said magazine at your opponent.  Also depends how good your pitching arm is [:)]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:56:55 AM EDT
[#7]
You know, I'm becoming more and more convinced that the gun industry needs some sort of self-run training and certification program for people that do retail sales.  Something that will raise not only the basic knowledge of those that deal with firearms and the public, but will make them more politically and socially astute as well.

God knows we've more than enough "Bubbas" running around making us look like dogshit.

I've seen dozens and dozens of threads on morons like this that seem hell-bent destroying any credibility that law-abiding gun owners have.

One of these fucking idiots can cause nearly as much damage to public perception as some lunatic with a full auto AK opening fire on a kids soccer game.

“Well, he works in a gun shop and sells guns so he MUST know what he’s talking about, right?”

God help us all.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:02:46 AM EDT
[#8]
I have to say, I think that Cheaper Than Dirt is one of the coolest gun stores that I've been to. It's hard to imagine ones like the guy in this article must work at, but when I think about it, I can imagine it. He probably works at Wal-Mart or something, where all they sell is "hunting rifles".
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:23:45 AM EDT
[#9]
The bullet fires 30-round magazines at high speed. The bullets have a lot of stopping power and penetration.
View Quote

Ummmm... the BULLET fires MAGAZINES?!!

Riiiiiight. [rolleyes]

If "high speed" is the problem then they should legalize 11.5" barrels.

The significant loss of muzzle velocity (and greatly reduced fragmentation and penetration range) that comes with shorter barrels should make everyone feel safer.

Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:31:50 AM EDT
[#10]
well, i remember once hearing of a guy blowing out the a/c vents on his tractors with propane..........and then getting back in and lighting a cigarette.  comes back to my grandfather and starts bitching about propane being so damned dangerous.............so my grandfather doesnt skip a beat, and says "be pretty damned hard for me to sell it if it wasnt flammable, now wouldnt it?"

change the words around and it applies here, if guns werent lethal weapons they'd be pretty FN worthless, now wouldnt they?
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:45:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
well, i remember once hearing of a guy blowing out the a/c vents on his tractors with propane..........and then getting back in and lighting a cigarette.  comes back to my grandfather and starts bitching about propane being so damned dangerous.............so my grandfather doesnt skip a beat, and says "be pretty damned hard for me to sell it if it wasnt flammable, now wouldnt it?"

change the words around and it applies here, if guns werent lethal weapons they'd be pretty FN worthless, now wouldnt they?
View Quote

Now , even I can understand that.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 10:55:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Fully automatic guns stopped being made in 1986 but 170,000 of them are still in existence.
View Quote

Isn't that number larger?
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 10:56:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 11:03:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You know, I'm becoming more and more convinced that the gun industry needs some sort of self-run training and certification program for people that do retail sales.  Something that will raise not only the basic knowledge of those that deal with firearms and the public, but will make them more politically and socially astute as well.
View Quote

Yep, or at least make sure that the news media people in every town have the name and number of a knowledgable, articulate spokesman.

Most of the local news reporters simply go to a gun shop/pawn shop/tire repair shop or the local shooting range/tackle shop/taxidermy shop and talk with Cleetus, the Owner/Yokel/Village Idiot.

We need to make sure that a Respected Member Of The Community™ is always available to talk with the media about gun control issues. This guy needs to be in every newspaper reporter's Rollodex file, and in speed dial on every TV journalist's phone.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 11:56:11 AM EDT
[#15]
I have always been surprised by the levels of ignorance & arrogance that are all too often exhibited by gun store owners.

I realize idiots exist in every facet of life, but the retail gun industry seems to have more than it's fair share.

What gives??? Most of the people I know who own firearms are at least of average intelligence, exhibit good interpersonal skills, and have an understanding of the purpose & intent of the 2nd. Amendment.

What about the business is so attractive to dummies???  
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 12:11:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

It wouldn't matter if the gun industry had a mountain of articulate spokesmen. The media never fails to seek out the one shirtless, toothless, backwoods idiot on the scene and get his opinion for the interview.

Yep, or at least make sure that the news media people in every town have the name and number of a knowledgable, articulate spokesman.

Most of the local news reporters simply go to a gun shop/pawn shop/tire repair shop or the local shooting range/tackle shop/taxidermy shop and talk with Cleetus, the Owner/Yokel/Village Idiot.

We need to make sure that a Respected Member Of The Community™ is always available to talk with the media about gun control issues. This guy needs to be in every newspaper reporter's Rollodex file, and in speed dial on every TV journalist's phone.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 1:47:27 PM EDT
[#17]
bump and tag, since these idiots set up at the Indy 1500 gun show which I'm going to tomorrow.

INCOMING!!

Betcha I get thrown out..
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 2:11:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 2:24:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Tag for later.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 2:45:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Since when does the .223 have "stopping power"? I always reagard it as a pratice round. Now, the Remington .300 Magnum, that has stopping power along with the 50BMG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top