Page / 3
Posted: 5/31/2003 4:26:34 AM EDT
The suspected bomber of 2 abortion clinics may now be in custody.-FNC
FBI to give press briefing shortly.
Jason
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:43:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Newbushmaster-
I spent alot of time mountainbiking in the area around those mountains and was constantly being stopped by agents on the trails asking questions and being detained.  Black helicopters everywhere.  You know the locals even liked the guy.  There were t-shirts being printed up in that area saying "Hide and seek champion" with Eric's photo on the back.  Hell alot of people had thought he had died in the mountains or had escaped the country.
Gemologist[x]BLOAT
Buy Lots Of Ammo Today
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:47:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Damm!  Fire up the chair.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:16:16 AM EDT
[#3]
damn

Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:30:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah...this is all that will be on the news for a month now. So much ridiculous theory and conjecture just like w/ McVeigh. One report just said he might have learned to make bombs when he was in the Army...STFU..just grasping at nonsense right now and it's not even confirmed it is Rudolf.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:33:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Press conference 1300 eastern.  Sure sounds like they caught the sumbich.  [:D]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:35:16 AM EDT
[#6]
the best sounding theory i heard about where he was hiding said that he was living in caves with under water entrances

be interesting to see if that was true
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:37:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:42:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Olympics Bomb Suspect May Be in Custody

May 31, 9:16 AM (ET)

By TIM WHITMIRE (AP)

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - Sheriff's deputies arrested a man in the western North Carolina mountains early Saturday believed to be Eric Rudolph, the fugitive charged with the 1996 Olympic Park bombing and in bomb attacks at a gay nightclub and an abortion clinic, the FBI said.
The man was digging in a trash bin in the small town of Murphy when he was stopped at about 4:30 a.m., said Special Agent John Iannarelli in Washington. He said the man appeared to be homeless, but the deputies believe he is Rudolph.
Authorities were doing fingerprint analysis on the man Saturday morning to determine if his prints matched Rudolph's, and they expected to have the results by afternoon, Iannarelli said.
A law enforcement source in North Carolina who has been tracking Rudolph for years said he had seen the who was suspect arrested Saturday morning and he believes he is Rudolph.

See: [url]http://apnews.excite.com/article/20030531/D7RCAMHG1.html[/url]

Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:45:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:54:13 AM EDT
[#10]
FNC just mentioned that fingerprints confirm it's him.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:59:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Are we sure it isn't [i]Richard Jewel[/i] ?  [;D]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:08:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:12:34 AM EDT
[#13]
DAMMIT!
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:13:03 AM EDT
[#14]
So did they shoot him in the face and/or a chick holding a baby...?
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:16:33 AM EDT
[#15]
12B? Hmmmm...why didn't they just say that instead of the blanket "You've been in the Army so you must have learned to make a nuke" type crap they always bring up?

I'm not trying to argue w/ you, Sir...just pointing out how the media always does this stuff when they have nothing concrete to report.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:17:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So did they shoot him in the face and/or a chick holding a baby...?
View Quote

[img]http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/sprachlos/speechless-smiley-034.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:17:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Caught is caught.

Eric:  Meet Sparky...

[img]http://www.angolamuseum.org/images/chair-2001.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:22:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Well I can tell you that I personnaly do not agree with homosexuality or abortion..but killing people because you don't agree with their choices does not justify murder.  Now if a bunch of homos came running at me with that 1000yd stare...well I might have to defend myself[BD]!!
Gemologist[x]BLOAT
Buy Lots Of Ammo Today
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:33:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Innocent untill proven guilty. Try to keep your prejudices at bay untill the trial is over. Remember Richard Jewell? How about Randy Weaver? David Koresch ring a bell?

"I heard it from Dan Rather so it must be true"!
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:34:25 AM EDT
[#20]
That's too bad.....
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:43:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:53:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
 Now if a bunch of homos came running at me with that 1000yd stare...well I might have to defend myself[BD]!!
Gemologist[x]BLOAT
Buy Lots Of Ammo Today
View Quote
Damn Now thats funny.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:00:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Aimless
You hit the nail on the head about the terrain.  Anyone with formal training could disappear in those mountains forever.  That area is well known for its rough mountains,caves and deep woods.  I had never seen so many men in black in my life
not to mention helicopters and the like. My friends and I would ride mountain bikes in Tsali and around the Murphy,NC. area where the FEDS were hanging out.  I tell ya..the locals didn't like the fact that there were so many G-men around. Lots of guerilla farming and other illegal activities up in them there hills [BD]!!
Gemologist[x]BLOAT
Buy Lots Of Ammo Today
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:03:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Aimless,
Me too...I stayed Memorial weekend in Clayton Ga. Nice area up there...My Uncle lives up there. We went to eat In Franklin N.C. and my Uncle even commented about Rudolf. He said everyone thinks he's dead...he said no way, there's too many places to hide in those Mts.

Amazing feat in any case...because of the winters and elude thousands of LEO's, dogs, heli's and tons of traps. Amazing.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:23:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Woah. I'd written him off as dead or far, far away. If he really was in the woods that whole time it would have to rank as one of the great escape-and-evasions of all time.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:29:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Aimless
You hit the nail on the head about the terrain.  Anyone with formal training could disappear in those mountains forever.  That area is well known for its rough mountains,caves and deep woods.  I had never seen so many men in black in my life
not to mention helicopters and the like. My friends and I would ride mountain bikes in Tsali and around the Murphy,TN. area where the FEDS were hanging out.  I tell ya..the locals didn't like the fact that there were so many G-men around. Lots of guerilla farming and other illegal activities up in them there hills [BD]!!
Gemologist[x]BLOAT
Buy Lots Of Ammo Today
View Quote

BS! I live in the WNC mountains and there is NO WAY that a person could hide out that long. There are TOO MANY PEOPLE in all areas of the mountains. Too many Atlantans building homes up in the national forests. Plus there isn't a whole lot of wilderness. The largest wilderness in WNC is 18,400 acres. That's it. And most wilderness areas are CRAWLING with yuppie, pro choice hikers.

CRC
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:34:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Well damn Mr.CRC I'm sorry you don't agree..You obviously don't like "outsiders" either.  With all due respect..Do you even have a clue as to how big the Nantahala and Cherokee National forests are?
Gemologist[x]BLOAT
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:36:21 AM EDT
[#28]
This definetly has the makings for a tv or motion picture!  Although I could see hollywood changing the ending from being caught rumaging through a trash dumpster by local deputies... to surrendering after a massive shootout in the deep woods!
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:46:46 AM EDT
[#29]
when did they pin the Olympic Park bombing on him?
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:50:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:52:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Well damn Mr.CRC I'm sorry you don't agree..You obviously don't like "outsiders" either.  With all due respect..Do you even have a clue as to how big the Nantahala and Cherokee National forests are?
Gemologist[x]BLOAT
View Quote

The Nantahala NF is over 500,000 acres and the Cherokee is over 600,000 acres. The Nantahala has 2 major wilderness areas but none near Murphy (Southern Nantahala and Slickrock).

However that is 500,000 acres spread over 7 counties. He was probably hiding out on private land of a supporter.

CRC
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:54:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:57:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
yuppie, pro choice hikers.

CRC
View Quote
You talkin' to me? [;)]

Unfortunately we didn't have a chance to do any hiking, though it looks like a beautiful area.

Most hikers don't go far off trails, I would guess particularly city folk. Heck I am amazed at how many don't have a map (although I have done that sometimes) but don't even HAVE A COMPASS OR KNOW HOW TO USE ONE!! I know in areas where I hike I could easily be pretty darn close to a hiking trail and not be discovered. You can usually hear these people tramping along and talking for 100s of yards. I'd bet I could even stay in line of sight of the trail if I had camouflage clothing and not be spotted by most people. Heck if deer don't see me a Sunday hiker sure won't.
View Quote

Your the exception Aimless. Also these areas are CRAWLING with branola eating, Bambi hugging New Age hippies. NOW they go off trails- mainly to commune with nature but if they saw Rudolph, I feel sorry for Mr Rudolph. Those hippies love their baby killing and Bambi loving. They've been known to attack hunters up in the Pisgah NF.

CRC
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:58:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Olympic Park, Gay night club....HA HA HA HA HA HA. Just wait, by the time this is done, the media will have claimed that he was on the grassy knoll and helped Oswald take-out Kennedy.

Media sucks. Im completely sick of these fuckers'UNEDUCATED views on what goes on in the commission of crimes. A fair trial is NO LONGER possible in the United States.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:59:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:02:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:04:50 AM EDT
[#37]
CRC
I completely agree with the fact that he had to be helped.  As posted above..some of the locals refered to him as a "hero"..not all..but some. To survive those winters would take a lot of a man without some food and shelter.
Gemologist[x]BLOAT
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:07:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I dunno CRC, I live here too and there are some areas where one could stay hidden with some effort, mostly the areas around Nantahala lake and such, heck I know the Pigeon River gorge well enough I could hide there as long as I wanted and I-40 runs through it.

Some areas the idiots from FL and GA haven't discovered yet!
View Quote

I hear ya on the Pigeon River Gorge. I think the area between the lake and Waterville is especially rugged.

But the area around Nantahala Lake/Aquone was heavily searched. I doubt he was staying there. There is only so long you can hide out on public land before being caught or leaving traces behind that would be spotted. Plus there isn't a whole lot of food on the NF. Acorns mostly. A few trout and wild pig. On the balds some berries. That's about it.

CRC
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:20:42 AM EDT
[#39]
For me personally this Rudolph thing is not a partisan or political thing, murder is murder. BUT the liberals are pretty incensed and gnasting their teeth over this guy. Now what happens IF IT AIN'T HIM? The FBI's track record isn't too hot on this case, they got the wrong guy in the past
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:36:53 AM EDT
[#40]
On CNN.COM: The FBI has positively arrested Rudolph.
[url]http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/05/31/rudolph.arrest/index.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:52:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Probably a stupid question but I have to ask:  Do you guys think the Deputy Sheriff that made the arrest will recieve any portion of the FBI's reward? I wonder how that will work?

If he did what they are saying he did, I hope he meets Ole' Sparky....  
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:13:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Probably a stupid question but I have to ask:  Do you guys think the Deputy Sheriff that made the arrest will recieve any portion of the FBI's reward? I wonder how that will work?

If he did what they are saying he did, I hope he meets Ole' Sparky....  
View Quote

He did it, I have one problem with the charges against him though,
The guy had targets for all of his devices eccept one, a random device at the Olympic park.
Not his M/O, they threw that one in to get people who would otherwise support him to turn him in.
Abortion clinics and Gay nightclubs,if they all blew up today I'd still be asleep by 10:00.
And all of you who are screaming "SPARKY", you are either an abortionist or a queer to be that passionate about it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:20:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:25:07 AM EDT
[#44]
If he's guilty, I would volunteer to flip the switch on the scumbag.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:56:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
murder is murder
View Quote

Unless it's abortion. Then it's a 'right'.

Link Posted: 5/31/2003 10:08:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
And all of you who are screaming "SPARKY", you are either an abortionist or a queer to be that passionate about it.
View Quote

[rolleyes]

CHRIS
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 10:47:36 AM EDT
[#47]
So who gets the million dollar reward ????????????????????????????????????????????
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 11:11:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or maybe we just don't believe trying to murder cops and firemen is a way to make a political point, dickhead.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 11:42:11 AM EDT
[#49]
I was sure he was already dead. Lucky they don't have me looking for guys like him.

But the only way he could of hid out for 7 years is if people were helping him-and the only way the cops could of found him is if certain people got tired of helping him.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 12:11:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Anyone that thinks he made it this long on his own and didn't have help from the "Underground" is a fool.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top