Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2003 2:13:48 AM EDT
I mean seriously, Annika Sorenstam humiliates herself in front of millions, and now this. Shawna Robinson is trying to field a all women pit crew for her NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series Team. On the Best Damn Sports Show Period tonight, they had a thirty second THIRTY SECOND, 30 EFFING seconds for a two, TWO, 2!!! tire change!!!! 30 seconds???!! for two? TWO?? Hell, I can change a tire in 30 seconds without an air hammer, or a jackman, or a tire carrier. Why is she doing this? Male pitcrews do the same task in a third of the time. Hell, Cup crews will do a sub 14 second 4 tire change. And how did Robinson do in Wistong Cup? She didn't finish a single race. Not one. Women don't need any further humiliation after Sorenstam. (yes, yes, I sided with her initially, but I after much study I realize that she sucks compared to men. I was wrong OK) I have come to the conclusion that women enter men's sport for one reason and that reason is this:
Women participate in men's sports to prove that they meet the absolute minimum requirements to participate in a sport.

Well, we have NASCAR and womens sports, this should prove to be volitile, let me get my flame proof suit on. One sec, OK, there. Flame away!!!
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 2:24:10 AM EDT
[#1]
What I want to know is why womenz are always hugging each other and shit.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 3:45:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 3:49:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh hell, who cares.
They'll be fun to watch.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:47:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Two words: PENIS ENVY
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:56:20 AM EDT
[#5]
How can she be expected to race when she's busy checking her make up in the rear view mirror and talking on the cell phone?
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:31:31 AM EDT
[#6]
[url]http://isuzu-suvs.com/duhhh.asf[/url]

If the female pit crew agrees to wear skimpy bikinis, then I think they should be allowed to participate.

-Nick Viejo.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 11:44:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Most of these women do this in order to be accepted in a male dominated activity.  They believe they are as good or better than the men they compete against.  I accept that there are some things I just can not do as well as men.  I don't like it, but I accept it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 11:45:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why do men slap each other on the butt?
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 11:51:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Why do men slap each other on the butt?
View Quote

To check the other guy's wallet to see who's getting drinks later.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 11:57:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Annika Sorenstam can bet every damn golfer here!!

Probably better fit too.  She also beat out 11 top male PGA players.  SO what's your point?  This is the way it should be.  The best goes the farthest based on performance...not sex, race, or religion.

Get real guys.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 12:07:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Why do women always go to the bathroom together in groups when you're out on the town?
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 12:26:58 PM EDT
[#12]
It's because they like to strip down to their underwear and have a tickle fight...then make out for awhile while they are in there.

I peeked one time...

Quoted:
Why do women always go to the bathroom together in groups when you're out on the town?
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 12:32:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Sgtar15,

Get real? Ok how about this. Sorenstam beat 11 guys, so what. 95 guys beat her. She finished 96th out of 107 golfers in the field. This reinforces my point about women proving that they can meet the minimum requirements.

Sure Annika could probably bet me in golf. She could probably even beat me in a round. Maybe thats because she does it for a living and I golf a half dozen times a  year.

I have to agree that it probably is a money issue as to why Robinson is racing. It is sad that they will be the laughing stock of the Craftsman Series. They should not be there. A 30 second two tire change is shameful. It is also shortsighted. When they finish 43 out of 43 five weeks in a row, the novelty of having an all women pit crew will wear off real fast. It will be even worse when she puts the damn truck in the wall every week because the crew chief/driver can't get their shit togeather and make truck adjustments. This whole thing stinks. I love women and all and I think they have a place in men's sport IF THEY CAN COMPETE. If they can't they are doing themselves, women, men and most of all the sport a dis-service. If the pit crew could churn out a 18 second 4 tire change, that would be considered competative. I think they should have had a benchmark to see if they could meet it. If they can't make that benchmark, they need to reconsider their team.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 12:59:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Why do women do this?

Because they are women.

Bilster
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 1:10:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Probably better fit too.  She also beat out 11 top male PGA players.  SO what's your point?  This is the way it should be.  The best goes the farthest based on performance...not sex, race, or religion.

Get real guys.

Sgtar15
View Quote

11 TOP male players ?!?!?!?  LOL, she picked this course at this time for a good reason. It was the easiest course and the weakest field of any tournament this year.
Come yap when she goes to Q school and gets her card like everyone else. She would never make a single cut in the PGA, let alone ever win a tournament.
I'll tell ya what, you want to see just how good she really is ?? Let's see her at a major, against the absolute best from around the world, especially the U.S. open, I'll bet she never even cards a par.
It was a staged dog and pony show to benefit her sponsors and the NOW crowd, nothing more.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 1:16:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Sgtar15
View Quote

She could beat me in golf, but I could drink her under the table at the 19th hole!

-Nick Viejo.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:21:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top