Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2003 3:54:51 PM EDT
May 30, 2003

5-year-old's story gets dad arrested

IMPERIAL BEACH – A 5-year-old boy got his father arrested yesterday after telling his teacher that his parents keep a gun in their car, authorities said.

When some children were playing at shooting each other with their fingers, San Diego police spokesman Bill Robinson said, their teacher took a moment to tell them that guns were dangerous and could hurt people. After that lecture, the boy volunteered the information about his parents' gun.

The teacher called the Sheriff's Department, bringing deputies and San Diego police to the VIP Village Preschool on Fern Avenue shortly before 1 p.m.

When the boy's father arrived to pick him up, deputies searched his car and found a loaded 9mm handgun and drug paraphernalia, said sheriff's Lt. Edna Ito.

Ito said the 25-year-old San Diego man, who is a convicted felon and documented gang member, told deputies he kept the gun to protect his family. He was jailed on suspicion of illegally possessing a gun and a drug pipe and being under the influence of narcotics.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:58:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

[red]Ito said the 25-year-old San Diego man, who is a convicted felon and documented gang member, told deputies he kept the gun to protect his family. He was jailed on suspicion of illegally possessing a gun and a drug pipe and being under the influence of narcotics.[/red]
View Quote

Isn't this the guy that most people need to be protected from?
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:00:24 PM EDT
[#2]
[img]http://www.korean-war.com/images/flags/ussr.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:03:37 PM EDT
[#3]
[img]http://home.wi.rr.com/antigov/hitleryouth.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:07:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

[red]Ito said the 25-year-old San Diego man, who is a convicted felon and documented gang member, told deputies he kept the gun to protect his family. He was jailed on suspicion of illegally possessing a gun and a drug pipe and being under the influence of narcotics.[/red]
View Quote

View Quote

uh, no.

I'm big enough to decide for myself who I need to protect myself from.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:07:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
[url]http://home.wi.rr.com/antigov/hitleryouth.jpg[/url]
View Quote

I see they haven't been issued their Hitler youth knife yet.

Hey Red_Beard you ever gonna change your picture back to that cool dog?
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:09:23 PM EDT
[#6]
The guy sounds like a real winner [%|]...

but I have to agree with Red_Beard on this one.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:11:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[url]http://home.wi.rr.com/antigov/hitleryouth.jpg[/url]
View Quote

I see they haven't been issued their Hitler youth knife yet.

Hey Red_Beard you ever gonna change your picture back to that cool dog?
View Quote

probably

my sister just sent me a big binder of pictures from when we were kids, so i thought i'd use one of me pissing on a car tire for a while
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:15:35 PM EDT
[#8]
The problem with our freedom and liberty as Americans, is that we have to accept the bad with the good.  We also have the right to vote, which is how we balance the system that administrates the process.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:16:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I wonder if the teach told the kids
how bad drugs are for you and that dealing them is harmfull to all the kids in the community
or that gang banging is bad...
And if he did...would the kid have turned in his folks for that?
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:18:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I had a similar experience a dozen years ago with my son telling his preschool teacher about the guns daddy kept in the "green box". Of course, I got a phone call from the concerned teacher. I had to explain the "green box" was an 800 pound steel safe and that my 4 YO son wasn't tall enough to reach the lock dial, nor did he have the combo. Turned out that the teacher was heavy into anti-depressant drugs. Took my kid out of g'ment skool and he has been in private schools ever since.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:34:57 PM EDT
[#11]
This has to be a hoax!

All gun transfers in Cali go through FFL holders.  There's a background check and a waiting period.  There is NO WAY a convicted felon could possibly obtain a gun here.  NO WAY!

[peep]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:43:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This has to be a hoax!

All gun transfers in Cali go through FFL holders.  There's a background check and a waiting period.  There is NO WAY a convicted felon could possibly obtain a gun here.  NO WAY!

[peep]
View Quote

Well, Kid, you see........uh, oh wait I get it.
[;D]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:20:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

uh, no.

I'm big enough to decide for myself who I need to protect myself from.
View Quote

Good, I'm not saying you can't. But society as a whole should also be able to make some of those decisions.

He was also "under suspicion" for being under the influence of narcotics. He DROVE to a day care to DRIVE his 5 year old son home.

Yeah, he's the father of the year.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:44:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Children, Children, pay attention!  Drugs are BAD, BAD, BAD!!!  Don't ever use drugs, and immediately report anyone who does.

(Announcement on school PA)

"Would all the children who are due their daily Ritalin dose, please line up at the nurse's office?"
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:52:36 PM EDT
[#15]

Good!

The sheeple of Kaliforniban deserve whatever form of FascistCommunist society they get.

Fuck the Left Coast.

Let 'em all burn in hell.

[;D]

Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:24:19 PM EDT
[#16]
The teacher probably already KNEW about the drugs, it was the GUN that made him a bad guy!
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:30:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:18:11 PM EDT
[#18]

Is it 1984 yet?

Although it did sound like a BAD guy got caught, AND the GOOD guys went home safe that night!!

Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:22:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:28:59 PM EDT
[#20]
I don't care who the kids father was ,IMO that's BS the teacher calling the police.

I can see calling the parents if concerned,but calling the police??

What business is it of hers?

Friggin East Germany around here!
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:31:45 PM EDT
[#21]
VIP VIllage?

Sounds like the crack pipe was for dealer samples.

Notice they did not name the a**hole.  Must preserve the dignity in the 'hood?
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:42:49 PM EDT
[#22]
When my kids were younger, the school they attended had firemen come into their school and have them draw a "layout" of their home and to explain how they would escape in a fire. Sounds harmless, right? The teacher kept them and gave them to the DARE officer..Needless to say I had a fit...I got the picture back. They wouldn't tell me why the DARE officer needed the pictures..hmmm (as if I didn't know)...And DON'T get me started on the DARE program..Turns your kids into snitches. I know parents that refuse to let their kids participate in that program.

I really wish when Officer Friendly is giving his "it's ok to turn in your parents" speech, I could be standing there telling the kids "yeah, if you do you'll go to a foster home and you'll never see mommy and daddy again. And the foster parents will probably beat you and neglect you because a majority of them are only in it for the money and could care less about you"... I'm not talking about ALL foster parents, just most of them.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:51:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Why was it alright for an X-felon to own a gun from 1776 to 1968? Has crime droped any from 68 to now?
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 12:51:22 AM EDT
[#24]
If they're not rehabilitated then don't let them out of the damn prison.  If you do, they should damn sure be able to protect their family...  Of course if you read between the lines the guy sounds he was still heavily into narcotics and I doubt really he used the gun "to protect his family".  Probably still a banger...
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 1:19:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Why was it alright for an X-felon to own a gun from 1776 to 1968? Has crime droped any from 68 to now?
View Quote

Wouldn't that would have to be a felon whose conviction was reversed on appeal, or who was able to convince a judge to exonerate him based on new,  overwhelming facts & evidence, that the conviction was improper??

I don;t think most people would see a convict as an ex-felon just because he served half his sentence and got out.....
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 3:01:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
This has to be a hoax!
View Quote

Yeah, What he said!! [LOLabove]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 3:09:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Ito said the 25-year-old San Diego man, who is a convicted felon and documented gang member, told deputies he kept the gun to protect his family. He was jailed on suspicion of illegally possessing a gun and a drug pipe and [red]being under the influence of narcotics[/red].
View Quote

Well he seems to be a winner, I guess that is the normal way for this type of [b]law abiding citizen[/b] to pick their kid up from school.

1. Convicted Felon
2. Gang Banger
3. Drug Addict

Shit I be he will join the PTA. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 3:19:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Just who is going to protect me from him? Cops? LOL....uh...yeah..OK!!
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 3:29:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top