Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/30/2003 12:22:08 PM EDT
[url]http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/content/auto/epaper/editions/thursday/south_county_e35d18a2e203b07e00aa.html[/url]

Thursday, May 29
Reno spurs Boca's Democratic Club

By Pilar Ulibarri, Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
Thursday, May 29, 2003

DELRAY BEACH -- Former U.S. Attorney General and gubernatorial candidate Janet Reno couldn't even walk through the front door of the South County Civic Center Wednesday without being swarmed by admirers.

The scene, which she seemed accustomed to, served her purpose: to motivate the Democratic Club of Greater Boca Raton to get organized, which she asserts the party must do to win the presidential election in 2004.

"We should be more organized than the Republicans who have traditionally out-organized us," Reno told the audience of about 60 people.

Joanne Goldfarb, of Delray Beach, said she needed just such a pep talk, just such a push to make her feel she can make a difference. That's why she was in the audience. She's taking small steps toward becoming an activist.

"I don't go to a lot of these things," Goldfarb said, referring to political events. [b]"But Janet Reno is such an honest person that tells it like it is, even if I don't agree with everything, I can believe what she says."[/b]

One part of Reno's speech, which touched upon issues such as classroom sizes, health care and the criminal justice system, seemed to speak directly to Goldfarb. Reno spoke about visiting the Dachau concentration camp in Germany as a child and learning what had happened.

"I went back and asked my adult German friends, 'How could you let that happen?' " Reno said. "They said, 'We just stood by.' "

She looked right into the the audience and told them that's why she was there. She had no intention of just standing by.

"And don't you just stand by," Reno said.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:41:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Draw a comparison between the Republicans and the Nazis.  Way to go, Reno.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:51:17 PM EDT
[#2]
"I went back and asked my adult German friends, 'How could you let that happen?' " Reno said. "They said, 'We just stood by.'"
She looked right into the the audience and told them that's why she was there. She had no intention of just standing by.

"And don't you just stand by," Reno said.

View Quote

That's ironic...

I feel the same way when people like her try to take our guns and other freedoms away.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top