User Panel

Posted: 5/30/2003 12:07:26 PM EDT
I would love to see a poll on the following Questions:

Which option are you:

will get a CCW
Have a CCW
Never had on and never will
Had one and decided not to renew it

I am in the last catagory.  The way that florida is set up and the job that I have( interior construction sales) puts me on four military/govt facilities, and a number of schools.  There is no way for me to carry on a daily basics.  I did like it for the benefits of waving the 3 day cooling off period when buying a pistol, the 5-8 dollar phone call when buying a gun for the background check, and the freedom of carring your weapons any way you wanted to when you were traveling/going to the range.

what is the thought or the AR15 crew.

Badredfish [devil]

Edited for Spelling - please bring back the spell check (it's for the children).
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:09:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I can paint a nice big long pole red, and call it Baton Rouge, but someone already beat me to it.

you mean POLL.  

And in your POLL, I 'will get a CCW'
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:15:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Will get CCW... in a couple yrs when im 21.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:16:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Live in the DPRK but have an AZ. CCW.

I have the paperwork for the FL. CCW in hand, but have never gotten around to getting it done.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:17:32 PM EDT
[#4]
this is a question that I have really struggeld with.....when GW was governor here, he put it CHL- for a pretty steep price. I can get a fla one cheaper and it works here. But how do I square that with my moral objection to the liscensing of my right to carry. So far I haven't and I don't see it happening soon. There is new talk about changing the laws that everyone is using to ban carrying in certain places. This will make me happier but still the situation is not perfect. So I am always going to the range or traveling to houston.....that is a defense against prosecution in Texas....not against getting stopped or arrested but just against prosecution. There is a lot of talk about the new chl laws wipeing these away but I ain't seen that yet....
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:20:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Have one.

Don't leave home with out it. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:22:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I know what you mean Hound.  When Florida first enacted the CCW, They put the price so high to make it a burden.  After a couple of years they dropped it to a more reasonable value.  Like $117 for three years. ( this is from mem.)

Badredfish [devil]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:34:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:47:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:56:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 1:22:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Somewhere between "will have" and "have" - put in my papers about almost 2 weeks ago and just waiting.

I find the idea of needing a license repulsive - it blatantly flies in the face of "to keep and *bear* arms shall not be infringed". But the reality is it's better than facing arrest, right or not. Plus, as mentioned before, it's good PR. The more of us that are out there carrying and *disproving* the bullshit from the antis by example, the more fence-straddlers will understand that we're right.

Seriously, when the antis can only offer nightmare "might-happen" scenarios but everyone they lie to can say, "But I personally *know* 3-4 people that carry and they're nothing like that...."

Bottom line: I'll carry a gun in order to protect myself and my loved one. I'll get a permit in order to educate the public and fight the cultural war the grabbers started.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 1:26:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I have one here in WA.  and use it most of the time.   its not very expensive here and its easy to get.    I have some objection to getting fingerprinted.   But i had to get printed to drive school bus, so im im already on file anyway.

Ben, The Emu
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 1:32:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I would love to see a poll on the following Questions:

Which option are you:

will get a CCW
Have a CCW
Never had on and never will
Had one and decided not to renew it

I am in the last catagory.  The way that florida is set up and the job that I have( interior construction sales) puts me on four military/govt facilities, and a number of schools.  There is no way for me to carry on a daily basics.  I did like it for the benefits of waving the 3 day cooling off period when buying a pistol, the 5-8 dollar phone call when buying a gun for the background check, and the freedom of carring your weapons any way you wanted to when you were traveling/going to the range.

what is the thought or the AR15 crew.

Badredfish [devil]

Edited for Spelling - please bring back the spell check (it's for the children).
View Quote
Even though you can't carry in those places, you should still have it for when you are not on those places.  I can't carry at work, but I still have my CCW for when I am not at work.  Besides, the license here in Ga. precludes the background check.  Get it back.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 1:40:56 PM EDT
[#13]
i'll be getting mine in 6 months
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:01:29 PM EDT
[#14]
I jsut received mine a few weeks ago...I love it and will renew when the time comes.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:15:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Had mine for years...
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:24:25 PM EDT
[#16]
I have mine!

It costs approx. $60 for 5 yrs in UT.  I like that I dont have to worry about how I carry guns in my car.  Plus, no more extraneous fees at purchase time [:)].

Not to hijack this thread but I was wondering, do the other(all) states ccw's allow you to carry with a round chambered. I say yes, my friend says no.  
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:24:45 PM EDT
[#17]
I got mine as soon as it was availible and before that I carried open.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:27:29 PM EDT
[#18]
just got mine two weeks ago, $117.00 for five years here in florida.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:37:35 PM EDT
[#19]
I have one here in Idaho, for about $65 for 4 years. I make the mistake of handing to people for ID when writting checks, they allways hand it back with a look of disgust, ooops...
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:43:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Have
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:44:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Got mine.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:46:38 PM EDT
[#22]

I have my CCW and I like it.

Use to open carry but got lots of bad looks.
Now the same dumb shits walk right up to me. If the knew I was carring they would stand back from me.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:49:25 PM EDT
[#23]
HAVE, for FOUR years.

It expires Next year.

I could tell you how little the renewal will cost me, but I don't want anybody from Florida to cry.
Hint: Less than $50.[nana]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:10:16 PM EDT
[#24]
I got mine.
[bounce]

Bobwrench
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:10:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 8:12:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
just got mine two weeks ago, $117.00 for five years here in florida.
View Quote

Now I know why my cheapskate brother in Cape Coral let his lapse [:D].

Can't even remember what it cost here in Georgia, $25? $30?.  The first time costs more, because you have to pay for the fingerprint check w/the State Patrol, but renewals are only about half the first time fee. Good for 5 years down here, and Georgia has reciprocity with more and more states all the time.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 8:43:18 PM EDT
[#27]
It is only $19.00 for 5 years here in Pa.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 11:21:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
It is only $19.00 for 5 years here in Pa.
View Quote

There goes my joke.[:(]

OTOH, What do you Southern Gents think about our CCW Fee?
Personally, I never even had to do an interview or anything.  I filled out the forms, had my picture taken, paid the money, came back a few weeks later, picked up the Permit and away I went.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 11:52:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Got mine last week.
Took the class and sat on the paperwork for a 1 1/2, but the positive PR of a large number CHL holders and the safety of  my family and myself was more important. (And no more 2-3 day “instant” background check)    
Quoted:
Not to hijack this thread but I was wondering, do the other(all) states ccw's allow you to carry with a round chambered. I say yes, my friend says no.  
View Quote

Is this a trick question??

The Texas CHL is on the person, so we carry as many as we can hide, with all +1. [:D]

SSD
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 12:03:09 AM EDT
[#30]
I have a permit for Oregon and Washington, which haveing the permits allows me to carry in 10 states.

Will be getting the paper work for a Florida permit here soon so I can carry in texas, for I will be spending time here and there in texas.

Link Posted: 5/31/2003 12:12:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Since I'm a resident of THE GREAT STATE OF TEXAS, but am cursedly forced to be in the PRK, I have mine from Texas.  It costs $140.00 for the first time and is good for four years after your next birthday, therefore mine is practically 5 years.  When you renew, it's $70 I believe and it's good for 4 years.  You can carry as many weapons as you like as long as they are concealed and you can have a round in the chamber on ALL of them.  Btw, it's not linked to any certain weapon.  Just SA, semi auto and revolver.  If you have SA then you can carry both types, if you qualify with a revolver, then you can only carry revolvers.

GOD BLESSED TEXAS WITH HIS OWN HAND!!!
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 2:12:22 AM EDT
[#32]
have
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 2:55:31 AM EDT
[#33]
NOT AN OPTION in "The People's Republic of Nebraska"!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top