Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2001 8:07:43 AM EDT
I have narrowed it down to a Smith or Cannon safe. Dealers are in my area that can deliver at a reasonable price. The Smith dosen't say it's UL listed, or have a fire rating. They can come with fireboard lining. They also don't mention anything about re-lockers. The Cannon is UL listed with an approved fire rating. But, they have a composite door with a hinge instead of bolts on the one side. Please give me your opinons. Thanks
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 4:23:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I went with the Canon T-40. 40"Wx72"Hx28"D. One thing I really like about the Canon safes is their in house warranty. The fire rating of 1500 degrees for 30 minutes is really good according to a friend of mine who was a volunteer fireman.

Chris
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 4:33:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I Can only say that you better like what you have if you get a Cannon. I have two and the second one had a chipped hub, for the handle. Hub and handles were mounted askew, paint was chipped.
Called them to fix the minor problems. Nothin doin. Months of trying to get them to get back to me and when I spoke to the rep, (MARK) I got so pissed off at his smart assed answers I wanted to go down there and kick his ash.
I will bad mouth Cannon to any that will listen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top