Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/30/2003 9:15:07 AM EDT
From the Left judiciary, when is a robber armed with a gun not guilty of armed robbery? Well, according to the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, when the robber is illegally carrying a concealed firearm that accidentally becomes visible. Judge Richard Clifton of Hawaii wrote the opinion, thus: "Can a bank robber with a concealed gun who never mentions or insinuates having one, but who displays it inadvertently, be convicted of armed bank robbery? We believe the answer is no.... " Yep, this is the very same court that decided the Second Amendment doesn't mean what it plainly says about "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed," and that schoolchildren reciting the Pledge of Allegiance's phrase "under God" forms a national church denomination.

From the Federalist
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:03:43 AM EDT
[#1]
How can someone be a robber without being armed?

I'd just laugh in their face, especially if it was a bank.

[i]"That's not the point, the point is, a guy robbed the bank with a cell phone!"[/i]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top