Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2003 5:31:19 PM EDT
Has there ever been a disruption in the server for that site we all have come to hate? Just visited the main page forthe first/last time. Made me want to take a shit. Jason
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:36:35 PM EDT
[#1]
theoretically speaking of course, it wouldn't be hard at all, the type of board they use is VERY vulnerable......
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:44:56 PM EDT
[#2]
After they got their asses kicked in the November 2002 election, some wonderful person hacked it so there'd be a constant popup saying "ALL YOUR SENATE ARE BELONG TO US" That was beautiful.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:16:55 PM EDT
[#3]
From [url]www.netcraft.com[/url]

The site www.XXXXXXXXXXX.com is running Apache on Linux.

Aviator
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:47:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
After they got their asses kicked in the November 2002 election, some wonderful person hacked it so there'd be a constant popup saying "ALL YOUR SENATE ARE BELONG TO US" That was beautiful.
View Quote

I remember that!  It put them completely over the edge.  They went NUTS!  [;D]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:50:29 PM EDT
[#5]
How about a little hint regarding what site we are talking about??
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:57:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I remember that!  It put them completely over the edge.  They went NUTS!  [;D]
View Quote

[LOL]
That was a sight to see. [:)]
Even funnier was how long those morons took to figure out it was just JavaScript embedded in certain messages.  Hell, I'm not even a computer geek and it took me all of 2 minutes to figure out what was going on.

Why didn't those little monkeys just look at the source "code"?

Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:15:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How about a little hint regarding what site we are talking about??
View Quote

Demon Underworld.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 9:18:37 PM EDT
[#8]
If someone was interested in seeing something like that happen, who would one contact? What would it cost? Jason

***Edited to knock off my email address***
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:00:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:13:19 AM EDT
[#10]
yes.

Back last summer they had to pull the board down and rework alot of their code because they were seriously hacked by some kid they pissed off.

He took down the board (well it woudl probably be more accurate to say he erase the board category by category) and was posting the messages that the moderators sent to each other, all that jazz.

It was quite funny.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top