Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2003 4:47:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 4:50:48 PM EDT
[#1]
yes sir... you are an idiot.  sorry about your luck man.  that would suck.  i never keep that much cash on me but i still feel your pain.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 4:50:55 PM EDT
[#2]
That's an expensive memory exercise.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 4:51:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Dohhhhhhhhhhh !!!!
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 4:52:19 PM EDT
[#4]
sorry for your loss. don't kick yourself too hard, it could happen to anyone and anybody who thinks that it couldn't happen to them is the real idiot. i'd check with any establishments in the immediate area as somebody may have been honest and reported a find.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 4:53:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry to hear about your loss, and the fact that you probably share genes with ComputerGuy.

[peep]

OTOH congratulations on being human.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 4:55:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Next time put it in an envelope with your name and info like phone number. There are still some good people out there. if it was in a marked envelope, someone might have called and you would get it back.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 4:56:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:04:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't feel bad. I lost $500 once, too.

It turned out okay, though.  I placed an ad in the local paper, offering a $600 reward. Believe it or not, within a few hours I got all my lost money back.

Thank God, as someone already mentioned, there really ARE honest folks out there.

cynic

Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:19:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Always put your money in your wallet, i learned that the hard way too, lost $100 when it fell out of my pocket. Sorry about your loss BookHound.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:30:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Here BookHound I borrowed durk's avatar for you ,sorry for the loss,that does suck!

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadAvatar.asp?sAccountUnq=21219[/img]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:36:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Ouch BookHound, sorry about that man.  Could of happened to anybody.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:43:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:43:14 PM EDT
[#13]
This reminds me of a guy at work a few years ago. He cashed his paycheck and we had to come back to work that night (we plow the roads when it snows).

He lost it in the parking lot during the storm. The wind blew it all over the place and it was under the snow.

After a massive search by everyone there, we found about 80% of it. Found a few bills after the snow melted!

He bought everyone pizza one day to say thanks.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:49:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Geez, I'd really like to add something here, but everyone has covered it(good job guys!)...Need a ride to BOOMfest now?!? If you can find a way to make money off empty film canisters, I've got you covered!!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:49:47 PM EDT
[#15]
I used to cash out about 5 bills every payday, it felt good to have a sweaty wad of cash on-hand at all times.  However, I must admit, I was always afraid of something like that happening to me.  A few years back went to direct deposit and a debit card.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:52:46 PM EDT
[#16]
It was probably stollen by the child tax credit [s]thief[/s] fairy. Oh wait, this is the wrong thread. My bad!
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:55:50 PM EDT
[#17]
I, I mean, my friend drove around town with a case of beer on top of his car. good thing I, I mean, my friend didn't drop the beer!

not the same thing, I know, but I was, I mean he was just as forgetful.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:02:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Ok, if it will make you feel any better I have a story for ya. I knew a guy at school who was, shall we say, a flake. He was putting his stuff ($2.5k laptop, books, papers, etc...) in his car one day. He forgot the laptop until he pulled out into traffic and the laptop decided that it had enough of riding on the roof. His laptop ended up in the middle of the road run over by at least 3 other cars. Remember, no matter how bad you have it, someone else has it worse!
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:44:01 PM EDT
[#19]
bummer [:(]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:45:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Shit happens Book.
Don't be too hard on yourself. Will the Mrs. still let you come out and play with the Georgia Gang?

ARH
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:28:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:40:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Ouch BookHound, sorry about that man.  Could of happened to anybody.
View Quote

No it couldn't. It could only happen to someone who couldn't be bothered to take care of his monthly allowance. It was too [i]inconvenient[/i] to put $500 in his pocket.[rolleyes]

Ah well, just another tuition payment in the college of life.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:44:42 PM EDT
[#23]
we all have our moments.[slap][wave]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:48:58 PM EDT
[#24]
As totally insignificant consolation, in return for your loss you at least get a lot of replies to your post.

Can you write it off on your taxes?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:51:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Sorry, hard to be a smartass when you are a dumbass.  Carry on.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:57:09 PM EDT
[#26]
I'll be right back ! where was this ?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 9:11:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Yeah I want to know what parking lot this was and I can see why you have an allowance!!!

Don't feel too bad.  I once cashed a paycheck and didn't even bother to check it and later realized I had been shorted by several hundred dollars.  Luckily I did get it back.  
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:50:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Damn Boook, im really sorry to hear about that. Something like that would ruin my sleep for a night or two no doubt.  
Joel
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:07:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Get your employer to do direct deposit, and get a debit card and a credit card (for those damn places that charge like $2 to use your debit card for a $1 purchase) that can be paid electronically from your checking account and you're set.  Its great never having to carry large amounts of cash (I'm a college kid and lots of people get robbed here every year), nor worrying about getting my cash into my bank account (as I use a credit union at my dad's work, but I go to college on the opposite end of the state) to pay a bill.  Chasing down a lost pay stub is also an exercise that can wait until Monday morning, rather than spending all Friday afternoon looking for a lost pay check.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:20:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:32:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Did I ever tell you about the time I was walking through a parking lot and I found this huge wad of .....Oh, never mind.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:08:42 AM EDT
[#32]
[LOLabove]   [LOLabove]   [LOLabove]
 Good one !
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:13:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Get your employer to do direct deposit, and get a debit card and a credit card (for those damn places that charge like $2 to use your debit card for a $1 purchase) that can be paid electronically from your checking account and you're set.  Its great never having to carry large amounts of cash (I'm a college kid and lots of people get robbed here every year), nor worrying about getting my cash into my bank account (as I use a credit union at my dad's work, but I go to college on the opposite end of the state) to pay a bill.  Chasing down a lost pay stub is also an exercise that can wait until Monday morning, rather than spending all Friday afternoon looking for a lost pay check.

Kharn
View Quote

stay away from debit cards, they sound nice but if someone steals it they can clean out your bank account and you have to fight to get the cash back.

with a credit card just report it stolen and dispute any charges you didnt make. no cash lost.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 7:06:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Did I ever tell you about the time I was walking through a parking lot and I found this huge wad of .....Oh, never mind.
View Quote

Damn! He beat me to it.

Oh well, Book. At least now I can buy some of those guns that are just sitting around your house collecting dust.[snoopy]

I guess your new  Mil-Spec will have to wait until next month.

Seriously, sorry about the whole thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top