Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2003 9:53:44 AM EDT
http://www.democraticunderground.com/duforum/DCForumID70/7714.html

DON'T HOT LINK!

Freddie Stubbs (1954 posts) May-29-03, 01:36 PM (ET)  

With Feingold, others torn, assault-gun ban may expire

Washington - A decade ago, Senate Democrat Russ Feingold backed the assault weapon ban signed into law by President Clinton.
But today his vote to preserve the ban is uncertain.

"I'm going to give it a fresh look," Feingold said in an interview last week, noting the complaints he hears about the law from some Wisconsin gun owners. "You can't assume I would vote for it."

That's only one sign of the political cloud hanging over the weapons ban, which expires next year unless Congress votes to extend it.

more: http://www.jsonline.com/news/nat/may03/143219.asp
View Quote

Time to break out the popcorn and beer!

Link Posted: 5/29/2003 9:57:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh yeah, there ought to be a few aneurysms because of this. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 10:00:33 AM EDT
[#2]
why no hot link?

Do they actually watch the logs and see if people jump over from ar15.com?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 10:00:52 AM EDT
[#3]
i hope the skies cloud up and it starts raining new-manufacture 30 rounders.............
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 10:01:48 AM EDT
[#4]
the lefties will start shitting balls of fire over that!
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 10:09:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
why no hot link?

View Quote

Yes, they do.

BTW, Zaphod...Your new avatar is really starting to freak me out.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 10:09:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
why no hot link?

View Quote

yes, they do.

Link Posted: 5/29/2003 10:14:05 AM EDT
[#7]
so far it looks like only ARFCOMers have posted.  funny, eh?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 10:25:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
http://www.democraticunderground.com/duforum/DCForumID70/7714.html

DON'T HOT LINK!

Freddie Stubbs (1954 posts) May-29-03, 01:36 PM (ET)  

With Feingold, others torn, assault-gun ban may expire

Washington - A decade ago, Senate Democrat Russ Feingold backed the assault weapon ban signed into law by President Clinton.
But today his vote to preserve the ban is uncertain.

"I'm going to give it a fresh look," Feingold said in an interview last week, noting the complaints he hears about the law from some Wisconsin gun owners. "You can't assume I would vote for it."

That's only one sign of the political cloud hanging over the weapons ban, which expires next year unless Congress votes to extend it.

more: http://www.jsonline.com/news/nat/may03/143219.asp
View Quote

Time to break out the popcorn and beer!

View Quote

I think I should send my Sen. a few more letters to help him realise that the AWB is BS. Anyone want to help me put together an nice informational packet to send to him?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 11:28:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
so far it looks like only ARFCOMers have posted.  funny, eh?
View Quote

You ain't kiddin'! I can't believe how tame it's been!

Gee maybe they really ARE getting the hint?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 12:17:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Here ya go:

Originally Posted On DUh.com By namdnarag (with 1 post):
I do indeed suspect some of our Democrats lack the spine and the courage of their convictions, and will just do what it takes to get elected.

They need to come out HARDCORE against these killing machines. Like Carolyn McCarthy has, god bless her.
View Quote

Strangely enough, I agree with this one. I want more of the Democrats to come out hardcore for a new AW ban, so that everyone can see them for the irrational anti-gunners they are and vote them out of office.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 12:21:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Mace,that is an ar15.com troll in disguse
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 12:42:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Mace,that is an ar15.com troll in disguse
View Quote

Umm... I knew that. No, really, I did. [8)]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 1:51:18 PM EDT
[#13]
http://www.democraticunderground.com/duforum/DCForumID32/1982.html

I thought this one was interesting.

"Then i went to the [red]big site[/red], http://ar15.com/forums/ , they have 49887 members with 192 Users and 292 Guests browsing the boards."
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 2:03:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Talk about being put in your place by one of your own!

comradebillyboy  (345 posts) May-26-03, 07:56 PM (ET)  

8. even some of us du members
own and enjoy guns. its bad enough to have religious nuts and right wingers bitch at me. what the fuck do you care if we
have guns?
if the dems were a bit mellower about guns, perhaps they might win elections again.
View Quote

YES! Another neuron fires at DUh! AMAZING, folks! Three in as many weeks!

Lets give them all a BIG hand for evolving!

BTW, Nice post, Striker! [beer]

Link Posted: 5/29/2003 4:17:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 4:38:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Here ya go:

Originally Posted On DUh.com By namdnarag (with 1 post):
I do indeed suspect some of our Democrats lack the spine and the courage of their convictions, and will just do what it takes to get elected.

They need to come out HARDCORE against these killing machines. Like Carolyn McCarthy has, god bless her.
View Quote

Strangely enough, I agree with this one. I want more of the Democrats to come out hardcore for a new AW ban, so that everyone can see them for the irrational anti-gunners they are and vote them out of office.
View Quote

That's cuz namdnarag = garandman

[:D]

I'm having some fun with the chiddrenz, "Pied Piper-ing" 'em right into oblivion.

[:D]

Link Posted: 5/29/2003 4:46:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Dr. Lector, your anagrams are showing.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:03:14 PM EDT
[#18]
garandman, you are a twisted corrupter of innocent, fragile minds.

That is why we love you.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:39:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:58:09 PM EDT
[#20]
What do you mean by no hot links? If I wanted to C/P the url that you posted to read the thread would that be hot linked?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:00:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:26:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
What do you mean by no hot links? If I wanted to C/P the url that you posted to read the thread would that be hot linked?
View Quote

No, that would be okay. A hotlink is when you are able to click on the URL instead of typing/pasting it in. URLs that you're able to click on will show ar15.com as the referrer.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:27:40 PM EDT
[#23]
http://www.democraticunderground.com/duforum/DCForumID32/1982.html

ButterflyBlood  (2662 posts)      
May-29-03, 09:09 PM (ET)  
is renewing the Assault Weapons Ban good or bad politically?
I don't really care about if it decreases crime or not because I'm not a gun nut and have no sympathy for them, but I would oppose such things if they cost us votes.
However if Bush renews it, I think it could hurt him more as it would turn the NRA, gun single issue voters and Libertarians away from him. But would it hurt the Dems more?

I think that's what it should come down to, who it hurts more. who would that be?
View Quote

ComplimentarySwine (12 posts)      
May-29-03, 10:07 PM (ET)  
3. It's a good thing that you're able to communicate
'cause if you weren't, I guess you wouldn't support free speech either, right? (Using *YOUR* logic, or lack thereof, of coruse)
I don't see why you even had to ask this question, as the answer is obvious. The best way to get elected is to do nothing, IMO. Who is going to vote Republican unless the Democrats support gun control? I can't think of anyone. But, I bet that you could find some people to vote Republican because the Democrats *ARE* trying to take away their guns.

That question is almost, IMO, like asking whether it's better to burn to death in a fiery inferno or go for a walk on the beach.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:56:05 PM EDT
[#24]
IFTT
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:21:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
IFTT
View Quote

What does that mean?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 9:18:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks Johnphin.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 9:25:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Okay, now I'm just confused...
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 7:08:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
IFTT
View Quote

What does that mean?
View Quote

I made it up in within the past few days.  I wanted to tag piccolo's thread so it would be in my active topics.

[b]I[/b]n
[b]F[/b]or
[b]T[/b]he
[b]T[/b]ag

Maybe it will catch on and I can be remembered for bringing something great to the world! [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top