Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2003 6:23:31 AM EDT
I give you..... my nightmare....

[img]http://www.eatonlink.com/main/uploaded/FreakOnALeash/conjoined.jpg[/img]

I am truly not disgusted by ANYTHING. Guts, poopoo, sawed in half Rwandan tribespeople, whatever....

BUT, conjoined twins are my worst nightmare.

Is this a symptom of some latent issue? [:D]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:35:37 AM EDT
[#1]
If only they were joined at the nose.  [;)]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:42:38 AM EDT
[#2]
That would be pretty gross. They are all pretty gross.

The 'thing' in the picture was featured on this horrific Discovery Channel documentary about conjoined twins.

Apparently the little puppet one has a dream of becoming a country recording artist and they actually showed her performing somewhere and recording in a studio. I don't think I can possibly invent something more surreal than that.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:44:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Now [u]that's[/u] spooky.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:46:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That would be pretty gross. They are all pretty gross.

The 'thing' in the picture was featured on this horrific Discovery Channel documentary about conjoined twins.

Apparently the little puppet one has a dream of becoming a country recording artist and they actually showed her performing somewhere and recording in a studio. I don't think I can possibly invent something more surreal than that.
View Quote

Jesus man, they are still people, not 'things'.

Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:49:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah I know... I try to have sympathy, but it's so.....  [%|][%|]

Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:50:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:57:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:58:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What about somebody with only half a face?
View Quote

That doesn't bother me in the least. There's not a single thing that disturbs me about any single human.

It's the idea of two, separate living entities sharing organs. What happens when the little one has to poop? Does the big one stoop over the bowel?

See what I mean? It's endless. It's an infinite cycle of terrifying hypothesis.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:05:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:15:27 AM EDT
[#10]
[>:/]
If the big one wants to....  I mean if the small one is.... [:\]  I mean..

...ah forget it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:29:16 AM EDT
[#11]
BenDover, I'll have to admit that your avatar below your name mortifies me more than Siamese twins.  That's the most horrible picture I've seen in a while.

Thanks for the nightmares.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:06:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Talk about giving head.....
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:19:17 AM EDT
[#13]
The thing that is much scarier is people who outwardly appear relatively normal, but are inwardly snivelling, lying, scheming, gun-grabbing, liberal defecrats.  Now they're EVIL.

I saw a story on TV a couple years ago about a pair of twin girls that were conjoined.  They shared most major organs, and appeared to have just two legs and two arms.  The left twin controlled the left arm & leg, and the one on the right controlled the right side of their shared body.  Although at first they looked like one person with two heads, after a while (during interviews & such) I got past the outward appearance and started to think they were a couple of pretty cool kids.  They play softball, run, and do just about anything they decide they want to try.

I was amazed at their spirit and that they don't really see themselves as "handicapped", just different.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:46:19 AM EDT
[#14]
What would really mortify me, is the thought of never being able to be alone.  Having to share every aspect of your life, is an intamacy I could do without.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:52:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I am truly not disgusted by ANYTHING. Guts, poopoo, sawed in half Rwandan tribespeople, whatever....

BUT, conjoined twins are my worst nightmare.

[red]Is this a symptom of some latent issue?[/red]
View Quote
Quoted:
That doesn't bother me in the least. There's not a single thing that disturbs me about any single human.

It's the idea of two, separate living entities sharing organs. [red]What happens when the little one has to poop? Does the big one stoop over the bowel?[/red]
View Quote

[Austrian Accent]

Ah-Ha!

Vee seem to be treading upon unt delicate area vhere your earliest childhood experiences vere so traumatic zat you are now [i]projecting[/i] your latent memories of potty training onto those two conjoined tvins.

I can see now daht you had unt overbearing mother who you felt vas always [i][u]hovering over you[/u][/i] - yah, unt you verr never able to [i][u]break avay from[/u][/i] - Hmm? EVEN in zee most private activities like doing zee poopie.

Zis is confirmed by your singular identification viszee smaller of zee tvins whoo represents YOU in your early childhood, alvays having big dreams (like being unt singer maybe?), alvays longing for your own independance from your mother who is alvays there - towering over you, alvays [u][i]looking at you[/i][/u], alvays JUDGING you.

Yah.

I zink vee have made a lot of progress in uncovering your latent hatred and your rezzzzzentment of your mother Her [b]BenDover[/b] as vell as your long-hidden obsession viszee poopie.

Yah. Zat is it, hmm?

[/Austrian Accent]

Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:55:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Nice accent Macallan- I had you pegged for Scottish!
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:58:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 9:01:55 AM EDT
[#18]
I imagine resolving arguments is a bit difficult, since it would be hard to take some time apart and cool off.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 9:02:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I know I'm a sick fucker, I'm gonna photoshop
TRG with that photo. Sorry
View Quote
Like a vulture over road kill, in swoops [b]legs[/b] to scavange even the most repulsive carcass for his own use.

[:D]

Link Posted: 5/29/2003 9:02:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Thats damn funny.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 9:52:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Macallan, you are one funny mother f*&^%ker.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 10:00:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Only reason it bothers me is the thought of it happening to my future kids. Otherwise I feel sorry for them and know they are very strong willed people to go on living like that.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 10:17:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Brohawk:
I remember seeing that on the Discovery Channel.  The girls each had their own spine, which met at the hips, each girl controled one side of the body, but they were amazingly coordinated while playing volleyball.  It really, really freaked me out.  

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 10:36:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I know I'm a sick fucker, I'm gonna photoshop
TRG with that photo. Sorry
View Quote

LMFAO!  Damn, you beat me to it!  So is the photoshop war on again?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 10:41:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Brohawk:
I remember seeing that on the Discovery Channel.  The girls each had their own spine, which met at the hips, each girl controled one side of the body, but they were amazingly coordinated while playing volleyball.  It really, really freaked me out.  

Kharn
View Quote

Man, I saw that too.  I was fascinated!  To see them/her (is it really two people?) ride a bike was a little weird.

Everytime I see siamese twins, I always wonder about their 'personnal' lives.  None of my business, I know, but my wife and I talk at great length about what it would be like to be conjoined with someone and fall in love with a third party.

She contends that these people don't get married, but I suspect that they usually do.

As far as the girls with one set of hips, I have no idea how that would work!  
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 11:07:37 AM EDT
[#26]
A little compassion goes a long way.  I am not disgusted by the twins, but thinking about what they have to put up with does make me sick to my stomach.  I think it's quite remarkable that people like this can function somewhat normally in our cruel society.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 3:23:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Oh, I genuinely feel sorry for them. HONEST!

But it quickens some primal fear instinct in me at the same time. Any time Mother Nature goes that far awry, the results must be feared.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 4:00:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Brohawk:

Kharn
View Quote

[url]http://phreeque.tripod.com/hensel_sisters.html[/url]

That's Abigail and Brittany Hensel.  An amazing story and example of the human spirit.

[img]http://phreeque.tripod.com/hensel_sisters5.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 4:04:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Aww geez, you guys are going to turn this into a big support group hug before it's over. Here I go and express honest, open feelings and now everyone wants to 'fix' me.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 4:22:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 4:27:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That's Abigail and Brittany Hensel.  An amazing story and example of the human spirit.

View Quote

Unparalleled in my opinion.

TT

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top