Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2003 12:02:11 AM EDT
Yep..Got a call this morning. Said they have no record of my application.

She called because I forgot to enclose the "I am not an illegal alien" form and the nice lady in the Phoenix office said to mail it to her and she would forward it to Atlanta..Well, Atlanta has my $30 (cashed 2 weeks ago) and my "I am not an illegal alien form"

I left a message for the person who called as she left a message for me. But I told her she has my $30..FIND MY APPLICATION!

Anybody else go through this? What happened?

Link Posted: 5/29/2003 12:15:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 12:16:09 AM EDT
[#2]
This is fairly common. I know of one person who had his check cashed AFTER they claimed they lost his application. Prepare for massive "bureaucratic runaround."
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 1:02:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I may be in the same boat, I will find out tomorrow. Almost 4 montsh now and no fucking C&R and they cashed my check 31/2 months ago!

This sucks dearly!
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 10:46:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Called the lady at ATF this morning and believe it or not, she was very nice!!!! I was shocked!!! Anyway, she couldn't find me in her computer. Then she had a brainstorm... My last name could also be a 1st name (ie: Thomas James).. Well, it happens some genius put my last name 1st and transposed the two. She found me! Then came the shocker..."You passed the background check and I will mail this out today" YES! She actually said that...So, after 2 weeks, I will have my C&R...(I'll probably have to wait a week for it to be in the mail)

Now, why couldn't this lady RUN the place?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 11:04:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Thats good to hear.

I got my C&R today in the mail after a long long wait and I thought about ya!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top