Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2003 10:05:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:08:22 PM EDT
[#1]
[img]http://000buck.d2g.com/firearms/thereisadifference2.jpg[/img]

and then buy him the tshirt [url]http://www.cafeshops.com/000buckwear.3522704[/url]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:10:29 PM EDT
[#2]
who cares? i'm not trying to be a smart ass but he's probably old school and cut his teeth on "clips"

my dad calls them that and i got corrected once when talking to USA mags on the phone then i corrected him and told him that they should be called "paper weights"
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:11:15 PM EDT
[#3]
so are you in an Indian tribe or something?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:18:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:25:54 PM EDT
[#5]
The ARFCOM Mob--->[stick]<---superdav

You've been here plenty long enough to know this is the worst sin you can commit here in ARFCOM-land.  You must NEVER call a magazine a "clip."  PTUI!!

[:D]
View Quote

I know i try but like i said my dad is OLD school and everything to him is a clip so i grew up with it. He's been around longer than I and he's owned and fired more guns than Ted Nugent. old habits are hard to break!
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:34:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:44:24 PM EDT
[#7]
It may not be a smart idea to correct your boss.  He may be the one who decides your next advancement or next raise.  LOL

Link Posted: 5/28/2003 11:13:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Give him a written reprimand.  That'll stop him.

TS
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 3:30:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Educate, educate, educate.

Chiefs are administarators first. They stay up at night worrying about what their troops are doing and whether it will get them sued or fired.

Our Chief is a great shot (probably better than most of the officers in the Department), is very, very pro-RKBA, and signs Form 4s. But he has those seemingly inherent LE Administrator fears when it comes to weapons, and many misconceptions. It has taken me four years to finally set him straight on the ballistic properties of .223, and he STILL doesn't want a general issue Patrol Rifle. I have more trouble getting him to sign Form 10s or Form 4s to register new MGs or transfer old ones from inventory than Joe Citizen does.

The best means is a long, slow education process, repeated often (the broken record theory of corrective discipline, stealing from the police administrators playbook) and documented thoroughly. Liability works both ways, and if you get shortcomings and deficiencies on paper often enough, the administrators stay up at night worrying about THAT.

Have fun, and I hope your Chief is a good sport.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:06:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Educate, educate, educate.

Chiefs are administarators first. They stay up at night worrying about what their troops are doing and whether it will get them sued or fired.

Our Chief is a great shot (probably better than most of the officers in the Department), is very, very pro-RKBA, and signs Form 4s. But he has those seemingly inherent LE Administrator fears when it comes to weapons, and many misconceptions. It has taken me four years to finally set him straight on the ballistic properties of .223, and he STILL doesn't want a general issue Patrol Rifle. I have more trouble getting him to sign Form 10s or Form 4s to register new MGs or transfer old ones from inventory than Joe Citizen does.

The best means is a long, slow education process, repeated often (the broken record theory of corrective discipline, stealing from the police administrators playbook) and documented thoroughly. Liability works both ways, and if you get shortcomings and deficiencies on paper often enough, the administrators stay up at night worrying about THAT.

Have fun, and I hope your Chief is a good sport.
View Quote

Good advice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top