Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2003 9:02:17 PM EDT
What a way to go.

Mark my words, someone will try an introduce a law or reg because of this.

[url]http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-12331286,00.html/[/url]

DISHWASHER ACCIDENT

A woman has died after slipping in her kitchen and landing on knives lying upright in a dishwasher.

Her family raised the alarm but the 31-year-old died later in hospital at Airdrie, North Lanarkshire.

Six years ago a 12-year-old boy in Northampton was killed in a similar way, and the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) is warning people to be extra careful in the kitchen.

"People should, if they can, make sure that they have knives pointing down in the dishwasher, even though some manufacturers say otherwise," a RoSPA spokesman said.

"We would also encourage people to keep dishwashers closed as much as possible.

"The most common accidents are caused by a slip or trip in the home. Kitchens are notoriously dangerous as liquids are often spilt on the floor," said the spokesman.

"The last time this happened we thought it was a freak accident but this case does show there is a danger from dishwashers."
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:13:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Death by Whirlpool....Geez, what a way to go.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:17:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Knives in dishwashers don't kill people, slippery floors do.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:40:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Whats weird is I always get the "willies" when the DW door is open and the silverware rack is out and the knives are up... I keep the kids out of the kitchen..

I did have a service call where this family buys one of those $1,000.00 jobbers for a DW because the daughter is getting married and the reception is at the house. a WEEK before the wedding, the son (A portly 12 year old) was dancing around in the kitchen and trips and lands right on the open door of the DW. Bent that fucking door right to the floor.

When I got there I asked the mother, "How many people are coming to the party?" She said about 120. I looked at the kid and said "Kid. Looks like you are washing dishes for weeks"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top