Pequin Peppers.

View Quote
Man you must have one hell of a tuff stomach.[pyro]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:40:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Pepperoncinis
View Quote

where did you find these? i've looked all overfor them.
i have bananas,  hot and sweet
jalepenos, hot and sweet
a serrano plant and a Mr. Stripy tomato plant
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:43:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:45:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My fiancee gets all excited planting strange flowers, plants, and vine things. We just got [b]5[/b] new trees in the backyard, and she loves shopping at Lowe's since they've got the "[i]if the plant dies in a year, we'll replace it for free[/i]" warranty which I find almost unbelievable.

Wanting to share in her excitement, I started a few plants of my own. I'm not into weird flowers or fruity things, so I picked some seeds with a little more of an "edge" to them.

I've now got a whole family of pots on the windowsill, most of them ready to transplant to the outside garden.
I've got:
Jalapenos
Orange Habaneros
Red Habaneros
Green Onions
Pepperoncinis
Pequin Peppers.

I never thought I'd get this happy about growing something legal to own on the windowsill. Pretty odd.

Anybody else growing peppers? I can't wait for the red habaneros to start producing. Those things are truly evil.[devil]
View Quote

Make sure you space those things out put about 6 feet between each plant or they will crosspolinate and all end up tasting the same.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:50:35 PM EDT
[#6]
If you guys do salads, greens grow like weeds and aside from watering you can ignore them for months.

If the temperature changes more than 10 degrees in a day they will try to bolt (go to flower then seed and get bitter) so a nice piece of plastic kept handy if the temp. is supposed to drop works wonders.

If you want to know what stuff is easy to grow and what stuff is a pain in the ass just IM me or email me.]]green Soybeans are easier than anything else to grow and they taste great mixed in rices or just as a side dish.  A real buttery flavor and they freeze very well.

I've got half of my garden seeds in and will get the rest in in the next week or so.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:52:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've got:
Jalapenos
Orange Habaneros
Red Habaneros
Green Onions
Pepperoncinis
Pequin Peppers.

View Quote
Man you must have one hell of a tuff stomach.[pyro]
View Quote

And an asbestos a$$hole.....
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 4:32:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Run over all that junk with a lawn mower, and then go down to the grocery or farmer's market and buy what you really need.  Saves a lot of time, which can be used better at the range, cleaning, or just watching the tube.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 4:41:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:26:35 PM EDT
[#10]
[url]www.seedman.com[/url]

I am currently starting to grow [url]http://www.seedman.com/Tobacco.htm[/url]
I bought the sample starters kit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top