Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2003 4:17:54 PM EDT
Senator Feinstein on the AWB renewal:

" 'I clearly don't have the votes for even a straight (extension of the ban) right now,' said Feinstein, who plans to pressure colleagues with a binder showing all crimes involving assault weapons in their districts."

Full article:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/nation/20030527-9999_1n27ban.html

The fight is on! We have a long way to go.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 4:41:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Get some !
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 5:04:59 PM EDT
[#2]
"If you're a drive-by shooter, do you go out with a .38-caliber revolver?" she asked. "I don't think so. You just point (an assault weapon) out the window and pump away . . . and you're bound to hit somebody. What kind of a gun is that for civilian society?"
View Quote

i may be wrong, but i think more crimes are committed with small caliber handguns than with so called "assault weapons"

While polls show a majority of Americans support the ban, the weapons continue to be easily available. That's because gun manufacturers can produce virtually the same type of weapon and still comply with the law.
View Quote

what polls?

Link Posted: 5/28/2003 5:14:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

While polls show a majority of Americans support the ban, the weapons continue to be easily available. That's because gun manufacturers can produce virtually the same type of weapon and still comply with the law.
View Quote

what polls?

View Quote

Clinton Network News Polls.  Where else?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 5:14:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm still waiting for that one day when these gun-grabbers notice their own ignorance.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 2:55:16 PM EDT
[#5]
They'll never have too, they will have armed body gaurds to protect them from the outraged community.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 3:23:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They'll never have too, they will have armed body gaurds to protect them from the outraged community.
View Quote
Why do you think Feinswien and her ilk are concerned about .50BMG rounds and their ability to penetrate armored limousines?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top