Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2003 1:09:07 PM EDT
Had to take out pup to the vet because he was sick.

Anyways, while i'm talking with the vet some woman comes in hysterical and screaming like someone was trying to kill her.

Anyways, after the assistant calms her down a bit she tells the vet she was watching these two dogs(yorkie's) for a lawyer whose on vacation in the Bahamas.

She had left them outside while she went somewhere and when she came back they were dead as doorknobs in the backyard from heatstroke she thinks.So, they carry in these two poor dogs limp as rags.I guess the little guys couldnt tolerate the heat.Sad.

It's been real hot around here as of late and I wouldn't doubt they died of heatstroke.

I bet she is f***ed when he finds out.

Oh, had to leave my little guy there, too. They have to make sure he doesn't have parvo.His initial check-up didn't indicate it, but my kids will be heartbroken if he does have it and dies.

Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:12:06 PM EDT
[#1]
They'll stone her to death in the public square.

If she'd left her kid, however, then she'd get off with probation...
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:12:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Going out of town?  Call the Negligent Dogsitter at 555-DEADPUP.

Sheesh.  People continue to amaze me, but I'm rarely surprised anymore.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:12:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:15:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I can't wait till the dinner pics!![:D]

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:18:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Whoa, that is going to be rough (no pun intended) when she has to go back to the office. Yikes. This chick is screwed.

Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:23:54 PM EDT
[#6]
2 Dead Dogs + 1 Lawyer= 10

CHRIS
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:25:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Something doesn't sound right.  I see dogs outside 24/7 all year round.  If 100 degrees with 80+% humidity in August doesn't hurt them, how would those two have died from a heat stroke in May?  There's got to be something else to the story.z
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:26:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I can't wait till the dinner pics!![:D]
View Quote

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Chinese.

She's pretty F'd.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:27:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Was she hot? Did you get any pics?

I would bet they drank some "green puddles" or something....
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:27:38 PM EDT
[#10]
>10 in my book, could be more to the story.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:29:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Something doesn't sound right.  I see dogs outside 24/7 all year round.  If 100 degrees with 80+% humidity in August doesn't hurt them, how would those two have died from a heat stroke in May?  There's got to be something else to the story.z
View Quote

Maybe she used a big magnifying glass for the canopy of her patio.[%|]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:30:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm thinking these were "indoor" dogs not used to the heat here.I bet they were pampered inside dogs and this woman left them out in the heat as it's been close to 100 here for the last few days.

Or, she left them in the car and ran into the mall for a "couple" minutes.

I would hate to be the one explaining to anyone your dogs died while under my care.

Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:38:43 PM EDT
[#13]
She's as cooked as LordTrader's last dinner pic.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:50:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Or, she left them in the car and ran into the mall for a "couple" minutes.
View Quote

BINGO!!!

They did not die in the yard, they probably died in a car and this woman is trying to cover up her screwup.

Failing that, she may have left them outside for a great number of hours without water.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:55:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Mmmmmmmmm, hotdogs........
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 2:03:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Those are not dogs, they are rats......Who gives a rip!
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 2:10:44 PM EDT
[#17]
i agree, probably left them in the car or outside without any water.

hope your pup doesn't have parvo, it's nasty as hell.  did you just get it?  when i worked at a clinich some guy had about 6 pups all got parvo cuz he was too cheap or lazy to get the parvo vax.  he ended up stiffing the clinic over $600 in bills.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 2:23:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
i agree, probably left them in the car or outside without any water.

hope your pup doesn't have parvo, it's nasty as hell.  did you just get it?  when i worked at a clinich some guy had about 6 pups all got parvo cuz he was too cheap or lazy to get the parvo vax.  he ended up stiffing the clinic over $600 in bills.
View Quote

3 weeks ago.

Got him from the shelter.He was supposedly "tick-free" I pulled over 50 ticks off him the day he came home from getting his nuts cut off.

I think the animal shelter around here is crap and only care about the money.They didn't seem to care when I complained about him being full of ticks.
[img]http://thesnipersnest.com/balto_1.JPG[/img]

Vet is not sure it's parvo because he was eating and drinking then all of a sudden sick, no pun intended, as a dog.He's not puking or diarrhea.He is lathargic and is crying like he's lost or something.It was like he had a hard time getting comfortable or standing/walking.

We'll see what happens.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 2:31:54 PM EDT
[#19]
That is funny, Kinda reminds me of the time I took my GF sking for a long weekend with some friends.  

The cat died while we were gone...they put it into the freezer till we got back.

It was no fun after sking for three days and 10 hours of driving to have to bury a furball.

Badredfish [devil]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 3:08:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Tactical, praying for your pup.

As for Dogkiller, sucks to be her. To bad for the dogs. You know that skank left them in her car.

I've got a long coat Akita and he can't stand the heat. But noway would he just die from being out in the backyard all day. And it's a freakin desert here.

Too bad there are people out there that don't give a crap for the animals in their care.

Again Tactical, praying for the little guy.

ED
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 3:11:06 PM EDT
[#21]
cheap bastard lawyers trying to save a buck.

should have paid for proper shelter.

TXL
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 3:20:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
cheap bastard lawyers trying to save a buck.

should have paid for proper shelter.

TXL
View Quote

Indeed
Chick is still screwed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top