Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2003 8:19:54 AM EDT
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had much expereince with comcast cable in Colorado (hows that for alliteration) I'll be moving soon to an area where I can't get DSL (well I can get IDSL, but it sucks) and the only provider AFAIK out there is comcast. Can anyone comment on their expereince with comcast. I'll be doing the self install if that makes a difference.

Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:21:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had much expereince with comcast cable in Colorado (hows that for alliteration) I'll be moving soon to an area where I can't get DSL (well I can get IDSL, but it sucks) and the only provider AFAIK out there is comcast. Can anyone comment on their expereince with comcast. I'll be doing the self install if that makes a difference.

View Quote

I use Comcast in MA. They are ok for personal use; surfing and whatnot. However, if you intend to run a business server from your account, you may have issues.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:50:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, I plan on running a personal unix network off of it but I do that now at home anyway, the only thing that would change is who gives me the bandwith. I've read either raving reviews of their service and some bad reviews as well. And in general I trust Arfcommers more than anon ppl on the web.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:57:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm not in CO but I use Comcast.

Only remember one time I was without access.
I have had them for 2-3 years now.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:38:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I have Comcast cable modem. I've not had any problems. I have an small network at home as well, one pc/nic and one laptop with wireless card. Anything specific info you need?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 3:09:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I work for Comcast. Our High speed is great. If it does not work than you get me. Im the main troubleshouter in our system. Any question ask away
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 3:18:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Move to a part of NY, NJ or Conn. and enjoy our Optimum Online. 10 Mb down abd 1 Mb up for 45 bucks a month with CATV. 50 bucks for non catv customers. Here's a link to the Comcast forums on DSLReports.com [url]http://www.dslreports.com/forum/comcast[/url]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 3:29:28 PM EDT
[#7]
SPIErig,

I plan to run 1 linux server as a firewall and then stick my windows machine and linux workstation behind that. I also plan on doing the home install kit. Should I expect any issues with that? I currently use this setup with my DSL service so the only new thing will be the cable modem.

Actually, can anyone suggest a good cable modem to buy?

Link Posted: 5/28/2003 4:00:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Comcast just bought out AT&T broadband services here in CO.  
I was recently informed that I would be considered a non-customer (this is after 4 years as a paying customer for broadband internet access), and would be paying a surcharge since I don't subscribe to their shitty cable TV service.

Hopefully comcast will make some changes (for the better) in the way they handle tech support issues, but I wouldn't count on it. Complete morons until you get up to at least the "2nd tier" support crew.  

I also hope they are just a little more careful in their accounting department.  Keep an eye on your bills, Harlikwin.

Link Posted: 5/28/2003 4:13:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top