Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2003 7:51:06 AM EDT
This was in this mornings paper.
  Authorites recovered enough stolen firepower to arm a well organized small army in the city Tuesday, determining it had been stored in an unsecure manner by the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
  City police arrested two of the three suspects Tuesday morning and a third suspect was arrested about 4:45 p.m. An investigation into why the weapons were improperly stored began Tuesday, an FBI spokesman said.
  Authorities recovered 10 new automatic submachine guns (MP-5s, .40caliber), several thousand rounds of ammunition, high-dollar tear gas guns and ballistic and tactical equipment.
  The weaponry was stored in two old 18-wheeler trailers sitting on the ground behind an old rock armory on South 10th street. The trailers were accessed after bolt cutters were used on what police said were not heavy-duty padlocks.
  Police on routine patrol in the area noticed a Chevrolet pickup speeding away the tags came back as an Oldsmoble.

The paper goes on to explain how the guns were recovered. Police and FBI seem to be a little pissed at the BIA. Police didn't even know the BIA had those kind of weapons.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:56:57 AM EDT
[#1]
10 autos is heardly enough to arm a small army. And please pardon me for not knowing but what exactly is the roll of the BIA?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:00:44 AM EDT
[#2]
The BIA has it's own police force. A friend worked for the one by Walker Lake in Nevada.

Another forgotten abc outfit that gets to carry weapons....
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:19:35 AM EDT
[#3]
The BIA has it's own police force they work with the various Indian nations around here.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:34:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The BIA has it's own police force they work with the various Indian nations around here.
View Quote

So what was the problem than just the way they had them stored? Besides who the hell wants an MP5in .40sw? Oh wait i'd want one. Ok i just realised that the story was about the guns being stolen wasn't it. I had to re-read the post to catch that. They should get a good bitchin out for not storing those weapons securly
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top