User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2003 6:38:50 PM EDT
[pissed]

[url]http://www.dfw.com/mld/startelegram/news/local/5951060.htm[/url]

2 girls left on highway rescued

By Martha Deller and Ben Tinsley
Star-Telegram Staff Writers

CHILDREN RESCUED

LAKE WORTH - An off-duty Tarrant County sheriff's deputy and several motorists rescued twin toddlers from a busy highway Monday after their mother took the girls out of a car that then sped away, police said.

The girls were placed in a foster home by Child Protective Services, which will ask a judge today to keep them in foster care while it investigates the family, CPS spokeswoman Marleigh Meisner said.

Lake Worth police plan to seek two charges of felony child abandonment-endangering today against the 24-year-old mother, Detective Dave Tatsak said.

Tatsak said police are still piecing together the details of the incident, which occurred about 2 p.m. in the 6200 block of Lake Worth Boulevard, a section of Texas 199 near Boat Club Road.

Based on interviews with Deputy Joel Martiz and other witnesses, Tatsak said an aunt who had been caring for the twins had handed them to their mother minutes before they were abandoned. Martiz gave a statement to police but did not wish to be interviewed by reporters, Tatsak said.

Martiz, who was two cars behind the one in which the mother was a passenger, [b]saw the woman get out of the vehicle, open a rear door and place one child in the roadway, Tatsak said.

The woman then went to the other side of the car, placed the second child in the roadway, took a bag of the girls' belongings and tossed it onto the hood of the aunt's car, which was in another lane two cars back, he said.

The car with the mother and a male driver sped away,[/b] Tatsak said. Witnesses got a license-plate number, and Fort Worth, Haltom City, Bedford and the Texas Department of Public Safety are trying to locate the woman, he said.

Martiz stopped his truck and blocked traffic while several motorists jumped from their vehicles and removed the girls from the road, Tatsak said.

"We were thankful the deputy was there to assist until the officers arrived," Tatsak said. "But he said he doesn't consider himself a hero. He used his vehicle to block traffic while citizens actually grabbed the children and got them out of harm's way."

Lake Worth police officers Sammy Garcia and Mike Hawkins interviewed witnesses, including the aunt, who was also interviewed by CPS workers, Tatsak said.

Tatsak said Detective John Pringle will use the witness accounts to obtain a warrant seeking two counts of abandonment-endangering a child with imminent danger of bodily injury. The second-degree felony carries a possible sentence of two to 20 years in prison.

"Since the children are in good hands and the mother has no way of doing them harm at this point, a warrant won't be gotten until" today, Tatsak said.

Meisner said CPS workers could not get much information from the girls because they are too young to say much. But caseworkers identified the girls and determined that the family has been investigated by CPS before, she said.

"However, the children have never been removed from the care of the parents," Meisner said. "We have no current [open] case involved with the family."

CPS investigations typically take about 30 days, but a second court hearing is usually held on the matter within 14 days, Meisner said.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:51:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Some people just need killing...
View Quote

At the very least, a damn good ass kicking within inches of their life & a few good fractures. The sad thing is, this POS will go to court one day in the future, ask for and receive custody saying it was just their bad judgement, emotional distress, Paxil, PMS, etc. etc.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:54:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:56:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Some people just need killing...

View Quote

At the very least, a damn good ass kicking within inches of their life & a few good fractures.
View Quote

No.  He had it right the first time.  They're oxygen thieves.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:59:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I could use a new hood ornament for my Semi.  Tie the wench spread eagle across the grill and tie the guy spread eagle across the back of the trailer.  Hang a sign over his head that says child abuser, feel free to throw objects at him.  General road debris would do some damage to her.  Any biker knows that bugs at 70 mph don't feel good on bare skin...  Plus, that huge radiator definitely puts out enough heat to tan her backside so she won't sit down for quite a while....
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:06:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Terminate her...with EXTREME prejudice!  Fucking monster!  [pissed]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:31:45 PM EDT
[#6]
You ready for this??? This is what I would do if I were the judge.

Mandatory hysterectomy, court ordered, she pay's the Dr's. bill. No pay, you go to jail. Get out when you agree to pay and undergo a hysterectomy, don't agree, don't get out, EVER.

She pay's for child care/support to the foster parents whatever you want to call it till the children are 18 or graduate college. No pay, you go to jail.

NO VISITATION, EVER! You visit, you go to jail.

I'm pretty sick of all this kind of crap. As bad as I want kids, there are people who will treat theirs like this. I'd throw the book at her. I'd set precedence with that dirtbag, scumbag, whore! $1000 say's she's getting some kind of public assistance already, who want's to bet???

Damn, this PISSES me off.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top