Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2003 6:28:43 PM EDT
As a result of demutualization, I acquired a few shares of PFG, Principal Financial group, shares acquired on 12/01. Shares are issued in book-entry. I check to see where the stock price is from time to time just for curiosity’s sake. Today I read “Australia's Investa makes full bid for Principal” and something about rival bidding etc. etc. One of the ideas I had for the eventual sale of my shares was to buy a machinegun of some sort. Machineguns have a far better return than any stock IMHO and are more fun to play with than stock certs. Anyway, with this recent development, and not being that knowledgeable about the market and the general trend of the market etc., I was wondering if should I just sit on the stock for a while and see what happens. It could mean the difference between buying a M11 or a M16. It’s the one way I can probably afford & buy a MG since the money wouldn’t have to come out of the bank account and the wife would’nt be so defensive since the money wasn’t “there” to begin with. Kinda want an opinion regarding the future of PFG. They have had a few buybacks which is good, third year of a President’s term is usually the best time for the market etc.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:08:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Hold. The stock is in a clear uptrend - the trend is your friend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top