Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2001 9:54:39 PM EDT
I'm at a loss for words, I buy the ring, she says yes, then tonight, I get a IM from her, she says she wants to see other people.

I call and she says shes been seeing a guy for two weeks.

*sobs uncontrollably*

its been 9 month since dad died, and 3 since mom did, I just can't take this right now.

[size=6]WOMEN[/size=6]
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 9:57:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 10:00:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Dude,

there are 2.5 billion other wimmen out there at least.  Maybe you happened to run into a Be-otch. In that case you are heartily better of without the be-otch.  

Get out and do activities that will expose you to non-hos.  Try to get the ring back if possible.   That shit about woman getting to keep the ring is horseshit considering that we're all supposed to be fat dumb and equal now.

If you can't tell from the bitter tone, I just busted up with my girlie of 4 years, and  I am not thrilled.  But there are others out there.  In fact I just met a real interesting cutie doing habitat work for the Nature Conservancy.  And lest you consider me a patsy, I am atoning for my wrecking the environment whilst making $$$ off of the forest products industry.

Link Posted: 4/28/2001 10:07:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 11:44:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, its official, I am going to enlist in the Army monday, if they'll have me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 1:40:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I look back at all the times I was dumped and in hind sight it was always a  blessing. She wasn't the one! Your ego has been battered but your life is still intact. Move on to the next wench and if being tied down to someone is what you want you will get it sooner or later.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 2:42:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Shes a slut that cheated on you.

Just MAKE SURE YOU GET YOUR RING BACK!!!!

DON'T let her keep it!
Im pretty sure that the law allows you to take back your several thousnad dollar investment. It does in CA, believe it or not. Take her to court if you must.

Damn women. Hail Tom Leykis i.e. Leykis 101.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 2:55:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Just don't create a handle like 'frustrated' and tell us your thinking about suicide tomorrow.

Two days later your sister will run off with somebody she met in a chat room. Of course she is found 2 hours after your origional post. And she had been missing for several days. Curious??

Life's a bitch. Find another girl at the next gunshow.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 4:16:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Vyper,

Ruck up man...she wan't the right one, if she had been the right one....whe would have beat down the door to get to you just to tell you how much she loves you...it will happen, just be patient.  Good luck and don't worry.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 4:30:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 4:38:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Much better to find out sooner than later.
If they are not going to be faithful there is nothing that you can do to change them regardless of what all the "feel good" books, tv shows, Rosie O.guest's will tell you.
Much less stress and much less costs to find out quickly. You got lucky.
The awful truth is that most of us need and want their companionship and we have to keep looking for "the one", the problem is that with our American culture of today a fair percentage of the species is terribly flawed.
Spoiled,overindulged, unrealistic, clueless and not the least bit hesitant to subject you to public humiliation while they "find themselves" even if you constantly strive to be a perfect companion.
I've been there twice. I like them too much to stay away from  the ladies.  However I  will never walk the aisle again without a strong pre-nup that will let me walk away with my head up if my lady changes.
Guys, I can't emphasize this enough, the way things are today you lose it all even if you follow the rules, are faithful, a good provider, try to be a good companion and friend and they turn around and screw up.
Protect yourself, be a good companion (because quite frankly you deserve to be hosed if you aren't.) and see to it that they don't get a dime if they do you dirty.
Until we change the rules that makes it a good deal for them regardless of their actions, none of us will be safe.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 4:55:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Go out and find another. My wife of 24+ years just gave me a picture of my birthday gift. A Ruger "six shooter". She didn't want it on her permit unless I really wanted it not something else. I'll do the paper work this week and should have it in 10-14 days. Great state of NY, county of Schenectady.
Now that's a GOOD women.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 5:13:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Before I met the woman of my dreams (24 years ago) I always said "that women are like a bus, there will be another one by in ten minutes"
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 6:51:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Shes a slut that cheated on you.

Just MAKE SURE YOU GET YOUR RING BACK!!!!

DON'T let her keep it!
View Quote

Quoted:
Much better to find out sooner than later.
View Quote

All very good advice.

DON'T JOIN THE ARMY OVER THAT BITCH!  If you do, she'll be tormenting you by proxy for years to come.

Siddown, think this over for a week.  It only gets better.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 7:01:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Kevin N: heheheheheheheh [:D] McUZI really needs to calm down

I am enlisting because thats what I've wanted to do for 3 years now..... no more reasons or excuses.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 7:16:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Vyper45- Just think of it this way- The girl that you are going to marry, have a family with and love for the rest of your life is out waiting for you somewhere. Go find her.

BTW- Wait at least a few months before you decide to enlist. You might regret it if you dont think 100% about it, but if you do, do it right and go Marine Corps! [:D]

Semper Fi.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 7:45:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 7:53:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Consider yourself lucky. At least you didn't marry her, and then have her tell you that she is seeing someone else. That could have cost you half of what you own to include half of your weapons.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 8:05:34 AM EDT
[#18]
viper ,mam o man do you have alot to learn about women.im guessing your in your lower 20s.?yeh join the army,shezzzz that will really show her,shell probably be glad to see you go.just get your ring back and chalk it up to experiance.
my advice to you is never show a women weakness(sappy love bull shit) they will make you look and act like a fool every time.the more you act diinterested in them the better they will treat you until you make the big mistake and marry one.i have a good women but im here to tell you and the world if i ever get divorced thats it,ill never make that mistake again....never.stay single,treat um like crap and youll get what you need (sex)without the headach.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 8:07:08 AM EDT
[#19]
The best remedy for women problems is two more women.They will take your mind off the one that dumped you.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 8:12:57 AM EDT
[#20]
btw genry you are kidding about the great state of new york.man down here in N.C. i can get 5 count em 5 permits to buy hand guns at a time.7 days is all it takes once you apply with a character witness,and i can carry my gun on the car seat or on my hip as long as it aint concelled.to get concelled carry take a safty course,80 bucks in fees and i think 80 bucks one time fee,anyhow for 250 bucks or less and 2 weeks you can get a permit to carry concelled.try that in that greay state of new york.btw i was born in poughkeepsie.seems crazy to me the one place in the world you need to be armed is NYC and what is a felony for a honest civilian to carry.no wonder there is so much crime.the skells know your unarmed.down here they have to concider the fact that alot of people carry permit or not...
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 9:11:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Consider yourself lucky, Look how much more money you'll have without her(more guns). the sooner you learn the better, all women are the same, stand them on their head they all look like sisters.BUT their is that one exception and when you find her you'll know
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 9:19:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Kevin N:
Just don't create a handle like 'frustrated' and tell us your thinking about suicide tomorrow.

Two days later your sister will run off with somebody she met in a chat room. Of course she is found 2 hours after your origional post. And she had been missing for several days. Curious??

Life's a bitch. Find another girl at the next gunshow.
View Quote

What I said was true. Believe me or not, I no longer care what other people think.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 9:29:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Well...on the brighter side, you'll have more $$$ for AR's and ammo.
I've been married 14 years, sorry if it shows.[%|]
Eric
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 9:34:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Dude, consider yourself real lucky!

It could have been worse!
21 years old
3 months in the Navy
20 year old girlfriend of 2 years
1 month pregnant with our child
$1500 engagment ring accepted
$500 cash for Christmas shopping
$2500 to paid off her car from her mother
$300 on maternity cloths

Dec 22 82 I get a letter from her telling me she dosen't love me anymore, she had an abortion, and she has been living with my (at the time) best friend for a month.
She also sold the ring for dope, her mother gave her the $2500 to return to me (I never got it of course)
She threw out most of my clothes and my stuff that were at her place.

It took me a day of calling around to find her, all she said was "don't bother calling me again".

Our mutual friends knew about what she had been doing, no one told me. I no longer speak to any of them.

One afternoon I got a call from her after 9 years!
She was asking for money and a place to stay!
I hung up on her and I hope to never her from her again!
My wife HATES her!

Consider yourself lucky!
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 9:48:58 AM EDT
[#25]
I too have been down this road before.

I got dumped by the girl that I really cared for. At that time, everybody who tried to console me always say that I will find someone like her and I always replied,[i] " I could never find someone like her"[/i]

Three years after that time, I found my present wife and after 13 years of marraige, I still say [i]"I have not found someone like her"[/i], instead [b][size=4][blue] I found someone so much better than her.[/b][/size=4][/blue]
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 9:51:10 AM EDT
[#26]
ClearFire,We could be twins.[:D]
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 9:55:29 AM EDT
[#27]
You got lucky.  Much worse if you are married and she decides to cuckhold you.  Get the ring back, and find yourself a nice Asian girl.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 10:10:30 AM EDT
[#28]
  Hmmm. My problem is that all the women interested in me are too young. I just got done dodging a 20-yr-old about to turn 21. Before that, a 22-yr-old. AAARRRGGGHHH (I'm 31)!!!!! And they're good looking, too! why didn't they (meaning 20-something year-old women) chase me around when I was 21????

Seriously, opposites attract, but it's the similarities that keep people together. Find someone with your interests, near your own age, preferably your own system of beliefs. Then you'll be happy.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 10:39:54 AM EDT
[#29]
There are more pressing matters than needing a confused pms ridden woman. Joining the military would be very benificial as when the time comes, the militia will need instruction and intelligence from those that have undergone current MOUT training.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 2:28:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Sorry about your Dad and Mom. Not sorry the
bitch revealed herself to you before you married
her. She sounds shallow and immature. Get the ring back and if you have been planning to join
the Military now would be a good time. You will be so busy you will not have time to feel sorry for yourself; no flame here, we all lick our wounds. It may be that your interest in the
Military was not appealing to her; better now than later. God Bless and Godspeed.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 3:13:37 PM EDT
[#31]
You are lucky. Went through a similar deal years ago.
GET YOUR RING BACK!!!
Then it's payback time. Send her a annomous letter saying that you have AIDS and she aught to be tested and that you are sending the same letter to all of your sexual partners that you have had in the last 3 years. Then send her one of those envelopes that you can get at gun shows that says; This envelope contains confidential information about AIDS testing. (In big bold red letters), then send her boyfriend an official sounding letter saying that she has identified him as a sexual partener and that he needs tested for a possible STD.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 6:59:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Sorry to hear about your losses but you are really lucky to find out now and not later!
I too was from Indiana and got a "Dear Scott" letter 3 months after I had joined the Air Force, and it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I ended up getting stationed in CA where I met alot of hot women and when she started calling me I told her to forget she ever knew me. Well I met my future wife there and we have been married for 9 years and still going and I'm still in the Air Force.
First get your ring back ASAP. Next get yourself together mentally and physically and be prepared for an adventure that will change you for the rest of your life. Have fun.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#33]
HMMMMmmmm...

Maybe this not-having-a-gf-for-now thing I'm doing ain't so bad after all.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 7:56:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Ahh, another glocktalk victim, if I tried that, I would be emailing myself [:D]

thanks for cheerin me up....
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 8:04:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Maybe you have been wanting to join the Army for 3 years, but I suggest you wait until you have your issues with this woman (like getting the ring back) straightened out.

You've had several traumatic things happen, but just keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Keep active and if in a while you still want to sign up, go ahead.  Meanwhile I hope you have some other relatives & friends you can call on for support.

[red][size=4] P.R.K.

Link Posted: 4/29/2001 8:13:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Women are a dime a dozen.
A soulmate is harder to find.
Hope these will shorten your search.

[url]http://www.100slavicdoves.com/[/url]
[url]http://www.absoluterussiangirls.com/[/url]
[url]http://www.russianbrides.com/[/url]

Paul
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 9:51:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Be patient this is relevant:

-Fable of Dog and Lawnmower-

One hot summer day, a cute little puppy is out frolicking in the park, chasing his tail, rolling around and the like. He soon noticices a man mowing the grass and goes over to investigate. When he gets there he begins playfully running around the mower and mishappenly it slices off the very end of his tail. At this the puppy gets so mad that he turns to attack the mower and it slices off his head.

-Moral- Don't lose your head over a little peice of tail.

Hope you find my fable helpful.
[xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(]
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 11:31:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Vyper45 - I feel your pain.  When my ex-fiancée said yes, and I was the happiest man on earth.  Then she dumped me by e-mail some months later (that B!t@h) It took a while to get over her (2 years or so), but I did, and in the end it was a trade in.  You see, my ex was my age, which now would be 24, my new g/f is a college freshman, 18 years old!  Plus, my new g/f does things for me my ex never did (which I won't get into, but is very nice of her)  The point is, that while you may be hurting in the short term, something better my be right around the corner.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 11:51:38 PM EDT
[#39]
I loved and lost long before I got the right one.  The lost one (think of it as her losing out) was "perfect" at the time.  Seven years later I have a different view of that, of course.  
Went out with the lost one, was falling hard...relationship starts up, etc., etc., etc.
Didn't propose, but a few months later find out she's moving in with her previous guy.  I was crushed.  It took me a little while but I got over it, and yesterday...[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?id=5[/url].
So, the right one is out there, just be patient enough to find her or for her to find you.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 4:03:06 AM EDT
[#40]
In 95 I was dumped 66 days before my wedding.  I have never gotten a reason.  I was crushed.  But I got through it.  With the help of friends and a few good all night drunks.  I am now engaged to be married to a wonderful woman (we are to be married July 28,  2001) who is light years better then anyone I have ever dated.  I am on cloud nine.  It will get better.

Scott
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 5:06:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Welcome to the club.  There are a lot of us in this situation right now, so you are not alone in dealing with this.  Take time to reflect on the relationship, see what you can learn about yourself, your ex, and relationships in general.  Then focus on improving yourself and getting your life back on track.  Are there some things you have been putting off?  Well now you have more free time and more money, and can focus on getting them done.  I would caution you on joining the army right away.  Take a couple days and think about things first, then you can decide if that is the route you want to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top