Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2003 12:03:05 PM EDT
They have them at Sams club for $879, it seems like a good price, they are tiny they only weigh 4 pounds and have pretty good specs, including a burner, but I dont know about the brand?

Anyone?

Specs

Processor AMD Mobile Athlon XP-M 1600+ Processor with PowerNow!™ technology and QuantiSpeed™ Architecture
Display 12.1" XGA TFT
Memory 256 MB DDR
Hard Drive 30GB, 9.5mm thin
Optical Combo DVD+CD-RW
Communications Built-in 802.11b Wireless LAN, 56k Modem and 10/100 LAN.
Battery 3-Hour Lithium-Ion
Weight 4.3 lbs
Dimensions 10.6" x 9.6" x 1.2"
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional

[img]http://www.averatec.com/images/tl_3150p.gif[/img]

edited to fix pic, hopefully.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 3:37:35 PM EDT
[#1]
This company used to be known as Sotec.  Go to www.cnet.com or www.epinions.com and check them out.

Personally, I was looking at an Averatech laptop at a local store recently and it seemed like a good deal at about $575.  However, I found the same exact model under the old Sotec name had a problem with bad CPU fans and poor customer service.

Seriously, I work for a large county network department and there are only two laptops I recommend: Dell and Apple.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top