Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2003 10:20:24 AM EDT
how do you figure shipping for sending someone an item? Im wanting to sell my shotgun online but I dont know how to figure the shipping in with the price. I assume that weight has somthing to do with it, but does distance also play a role? would shipping from NC to SC be less than shipping from NC to CA?

im lost.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 10:23:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Distance, weight, size and how fast you want to get it there.

You can say "buyer pays shipping" and add it after the fact, or make an educated guess (box it, weigh it, visit a website and plug in the numbers) and charge a flat fee for anywhere in the 48 contiguous states.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 10:25:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Weight and distance are 2 big factors but also value...or hazardous materials...say gun powder etc.

Call the Fed-Ex people near you and tell them what you want to ship how they can tell you how many $$$!
Or take it down there boxed up before habd and ask them for an amount.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 10:29:43 AM EDT
[#3]
If shipping with USPS, go to www.usps.gov and they have a few forms to fill out, options to choose, etc. and it will tell you how much it will cost.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 10:40:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 10:53:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Distance, weight, size and how fast you want to get it there.

You can say "buyer pays shipping" and add it after the fact, or make an educated guess (box it, weigh it, visit a website and plug in the numbers) and charge a flat fee for anywhere in the 48 contiguous states.
View Quote

in this case and I guess all cases I would have to recieve payment BEFORE I ship. correct?
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 10:58:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Damn... I paid about $170 to ship 6 small boxes via fed-ex ground... 2-day.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 11:03:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top