Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2003 11:47:10 PM EDT
Why do married women have extra marital affairs?
I'm just asking out of curiosity. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 11:50:02 PM EDT
[#1]
For all the same reasons married men do: boredom, loneliness, excitement & stupidity.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 11:58:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Not just women have affairs... I know several men who do the same thing. My ex did it because she was fat and lost a bunch of weight and started looking REAL GOOD! True redhead with big boobs and a heart shaped ass wearing TIGHT wrangler jeans...Who WOULDN'T take notice?

She ate up the attention and one guy played his cards right and they screwed around for about a year...Then she tells me he wasn't the 1st..She had 4 different guys...Nice huh?

I refuse to have any friends who have affairs. Be it female or male. I have been on the receiving end twice with 2 wives and it hurts like hell..Nobody should have to endure pain like that...

Now my ex is remarried to a fat lazy slob who hasn't had a job in 2 years, is renting a small house, filed bankruptcy, and she has gained all that weight back and more...Karma RULES!

I'm remarried to a TRUE lady who I love and respect and TRUST 100%...I own my home and life is goooood...
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 12:03:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I think for a lot of them (if hubby isn't cheating) justify it by saying that they aren't being treated "right".

IMHO it boils down to Unfulfilled Expectations and the search to find someone to make things feel better.  In some cases it could be a form of manipulation or extracting revenge.

I think it sucks that anyone in any committed relationship (married or otherwise) would cheat.  It's the ultimate disrespect and trying to have your cake and eat it too.

If you don't like the relationship you're in, fix it or get out.  Cheating is just a huge "FUCK YOU!" to the other person.  Those that cheat deserve to be kicked to the curb ASAP.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 12:05:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Because women are heartless beasts whose sole purpose in life is to suck the life out of their spouse/mate.

I've always wondered why anyone would cheat on their husband/wife.  Just get a fucking divorce and screw everyone in sight.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 12:09:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Because women are heartless beasts whose sole purpose in life is to suck the life out of their spouse/mate.

I've always wondered why anyone would cheat on their husband/wife.  Just get a fucking divorce and screw everyone in sight.
View Quote

Words of wisdom my friend...Words of wisdom...
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 12:10:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 12:14:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Then there are the ones that are just balls-to-the-wall Psycho.

View Quote

Ouch...
The thought of waking up with my balls on the wall is quite disturbing...
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 12:15:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Because I was out of state for about a year and she was a bitch.

TS
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 12:20:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Then there are the ones that are just balls-to-the-wall Psycho.

View Quote

Ouch...
The thought of waking up with my balls on the wall is quite disturbing...
View Quote

I hear Latinas are notorious for that.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 12:23:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Not by my experience...
It's usually the southern white church girls that go psycho on me...
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 12:25:59 AM EDT
[#11]
99% of women are evil. Look at the Bible. They've been doing evil things to us since the beginning.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 12:39:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Not by my experience...
View Quote

If it bleeds, or burns petroleum products....Its gonna give you problems.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 12:53:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not by my experience...
View Quote

View Quote

True...
My toyota never starts screaming at me and throwing stuff for no reason though...
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 1:21:25 AM EDT
[#14]
I don't think there could be anything worse...

the women you love giving the thing that is only for you to other people, sorry im not a fan of sloppy seconds ever
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 1:29:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not by my experience...
View Quote

View Quote

True...
My toyota never starts screaming at me and throwing stuff for no reason though...
View Quote

But it does start screaming at you and throwing stuff for a reason?
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 1:33:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 1:49:09 AM EDT
[#17]
In the game of life, women are the rake.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 1:52:50 AM EDT
[#18]
if it flies, floats or f@#ks, it's cheaper to rent it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 4:07:04 AM EDT
[#19]
A buddy of mine had a wife who cheated, and I think it all boiled down to them getting married all the sudden at a young age.  Despite the stereotype, it wasn't because he knocked her up.  They thought they had sometihing special and didn't want to lose it.  He told me they had several talks about how they never really played the field before settling down, and she was having regrets not doing so.  Soon after that, the subject stopped coming up, as if her desire to see other guys "seemed" to go away.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 4:24:06 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm sorry but as close as Tweety and I are, if she ever cheated on me, she'd be kicked to the curb faster than she could blink. She was working behind the counter at a video store when I met her. She had nothing, as her family was hand-to-mouth poor. Everything she will ever be in life is because I laid the path before her feet. I groomed her business acumin. I helped her break into the professional world. She knows all of this and knows her whole world would come to an end if she ever fucked around.

Now I am not saying that I keep score, because anyone who knows us at all, knows this isn't true. However, the deck is stacked in my favor and she knows it. She's more worried about me stepping out.

It's all worked for 8 years and it's better now than it was on day one.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:18:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm sorry but as close as Tweety and I are, if she ever cheated on me, she'd be kicked to the curb faster than she could blink. She was working behind the counter at a video store when I met her. She had nothing, as her family was hand-to-mouth poor. Everything she will ever be in life is because I laid the path before her feet. I groomed her business acumin. I helped her break into the professional world. She knows all of this and knows her whole world would come to an end if she ever fucked around.

Now I am not saying that I keep score, because anyone who knows us at all, knows this isn't true. However, the deck is stacked in my favor and she knows it. She's more worried about me stepping out.

It's all worked for 8 years and it's better now than it was on day one.
View Quote

You are assuming her decisions will always make sense, and you are assuming her priorities will stay the same.  Bad Juju friend.  MY ex was living with her parents at 27 and in a back and forth dead end relationship with a drug addict who couldn't stay out of jail.  What I failed to consider was that there was probably a reason for that.  Anyway, I married her, busted my ass, provided for her, bought the farm she wanted, enabled her to have the things she dreamed about, and she decided that I didn't treat her good enough.  The real problem is that she couldn't see the connection between being financially overextended (at her behest!), and the resultant occasional crabbiness, total lack of discretionary funds, and time.  So she cheated, left in November, filed for divorce in December, and now she is pregnant, jobless, no car, and living with her new 24 yo lover at her sister's house.  

Moral: women do not have to make sense AKA what makes sense to us does not necessarily make sense to them.  The best you can hope for is solid common ground in the morality/values arena.  I underestimated the importance of that.

HERE IS ONE MORE EXPLANTION:
Did I see it posted here?  It answers the poster's original question, simple version.  Many women are like monkeys in the forest: they always have to have ahold on the next limb before letting go of the first one.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 10:55:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Although by answering in this forum I'm probably subjecting myself to numerous questions and remarks I'm gonna post a reply...

I would guess it's due to unhappiness, not being satisfied or fulfilled, wanting a little excitement, or making a new emotional connection with someone else.

I know a lot more men that have them than women..and for them when I ask why it's just because they're not getting it often enough or wanna try it with someone different.  I think women invest more emotionally into them though.

Women do tend to be more emotional after all [;)].  Personally, I'll just stick to my imagination!  Hasn't let me down yet and doesn't promise it will call. heehee
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 11:06:43 AM EDT
[#23]
It all started when a woman ate a forbidden piece of fruit.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 11:47:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Women are shady ....you ever notice how much you get hit on when you have a girlfriend ...by girls that know you have a girlfriend ....that know your girlfriend....

Women are shady ....that being said , so are Guys...

t

p.s. Damn some of you guys sound awfully bitter

Link Posted: 5/27/2003 11:53:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Why do married women have extra marital affairs?
I'm just asking out of curiosity. [rolleyes]
View Quote

Because when the fishing's good we stick our poles in it.[sex]

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 11:59:21 AM EDT
[#26]
When you give your heart, soul, and everything else you have to a woman.....you are asking for trouble. You must maintain your manhood and your personal space. She will respect you more for that anyway. The second you become whipped.....prepare for pain.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 12:03:45 PM EDT
[#27]
I asked the girls in the office and one of them said

" I cheated on my husband because he was always on that stupid web site AR15.com and would'nt pay attention to me unless I was wearing a gun."
[;d]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 12:09:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

" I cheated on my husband because he was always on that stupid web site AR15.com and would'nt pay attention to me unless I was wearing a gun."
[;d]
View Quote

So what's it like working with your wife? [:D]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 2:37:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

[;d]
View Quote

So what's it like working with your wife? [:D]
View Quote

[lolabove]

I wish I worked with her. Nooners would be alot easiers. [naughty]

Link Posted: 5/27/2003 3:23:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
the women you love giving the thing that is only for you to other people, sorry im not a fan of sloppy seconds ever
View Quote

Well what happens when she ain't give'n it up at all?

Guess you gotta go out and buy something nice for your hand! [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 3:39:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Women & men cheat for the same reason in my opinion.  They have stopped loving the other person.  Whether or not they admit it to themselves, that's the reason.
That is why the stupidest thing you can do in life is take back a cheater.  They don't love you and never will, and once they cheat and get forgiven they will own your ass for the rest of your life.  Cheaters are scum, but the people that take them back are idiots.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 3:41:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Women cheat because they feel neglected, taken for granted, desire to try something new, or boredom.  While this may be true, I think the real reason boils down to one thing and it is the same for men as for women.  They just don't know how to make a real commitment.  Instead of talking and trying to work out their problems, they just go find a 'new problem'.  People should really think about the vows they are making when they marry.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 4:33:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
People should really think about the vows they are making when they marry.
View Quote

YOU SAID IT!

It's "death till us part" NOT "until something better comes along".
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:36:42 PM EDT
[#34]
The feminist modern psycho babble crowd will make statements that it is due to "them" not being fufilled, neglected, taken for granted etc. etc., etc.
In my opinion the  truth is that they are a spoiled and catered to segment of the population that currently is being told that these things are o.k. and their due "because men just don't get it." In my own case and many others that I personally know well do not fall into that category.
BendOver, I hope that you aren't in for a fall.
I invested my life into my ex, supported her in school, helped break her into a professional level job, cooked, shopped, did all the modern man things,  and dod so without resentment because I loved her.

The payback, multiple cheating.

It's like an epidemic here in N.Y, women are cheating all over the place, and they leave a path of destruction behind them.
I think I found a good one with Lady Rain, but I will never again be so naive or trusting.
Women in today's society are not to be trusted.
I know that most of you will not pay attention to this warning,  and I do feel for the pain that many of you will experience.
Sorry that the truth isn't pleasant, but check out the stat's. The odd's are that you will be burned in a relationship and based on my experience, it will be due to your woman cheating.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:47:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Women are shady ....you ever notice how much you get hit on when you have a girlfriend ...by girls that know you have a girlfriend ....that know your girlfriend....
View Quote

I haven't had one single woman make a move on me in the six months I've been married.

Then again, I can count on one hand the number of times a woman made an unprovoked move on me before I got married. [rolleyes]

Well, at least I got one damn good one, so I can't complain.  [:D]

Eddited fer spelingg.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:50:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not by my experience...
View Quote

View Quote

The rule of the three T's:
If it has tits or tires, it'll give you trouble.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:02:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Women are far more sneaky and conniving than men are.  Wives cheat b/c they are 'not happy' and think that a romantic fling will 'fix' things.  It is apparently easier for modern woman to blame everything on her husband and not herself.  Cheating is being glorified in every womens magazine out there.  If the missus suddenly starts losing weight, buying clothes and lingerie, and either wants to screw you half to death or cuts you off, you are in serious trouble.  There are far more psycho-bitches out there than you can imagine.  Ops
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:08:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
It's "death till us part" NOT "until something better comes along".
View Quote

Death of what? Death in the literal and physical sense? Or death of the spirit, death of the individuality? Death of the love that may or may have never existed? Is it worth staying together when she buries herself in novels while he buries himself in ARF.com because neither can sustain what life in the other that there once was? No flame to you Ben, just a question. I'm staying in it for my kid, or at least that's my excuse for now. I'm not the cheating kind but I've been feeling dead for quite a while now. Probably why my post count has been climbing steadily. If I found a sign of life, ANY sign of life, would I grab onto it like a life preserver thrown to someone who was going down for the last time? Regardless of who (which girl) threw it?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top