Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2003 9:49:16 PM EDT
Has anyone heard of a tiny homing transmitter  being surgically imbedded into the president in case he's kidnapped?

The reason I’m asking is cause the government has this reward program for ideas that improves our National Security.  

I was thinking of submitting this one.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:58:05 PM EDT
[#1]
what?  you dont have one yet?
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 10:01:51 PM EDT
[#2]
It would have to have a way to be activated (pressure on an implanted switch or proximity to an activation device, maybe a watch or ring) and a power supply with a long shelf life (lithium?)

But any transmitter that low powered could be easily jammed.

A VERY deep cover/sleeper agent could possibly get close enough to POTUS but the odds on removing him from the multi-layered security that surrounds him is a million-to-one shot.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 10:03:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Good idea until posted here.
CH
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 10:57:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't worry about making the device, I'm pretty sure that these people already did. The part of the idea to submit is the application of this technology to the POTUS.

[url]www.digitalangel.net[/url]

Edit: Oh, and might I add: [b]SCARY STUFF!![/b]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 11:46:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, I knew the technology was there, was just wondering if it was public knowledge as to whether it was implemented or not.

BTW, does anyone know how a transponder works and how tiny they make these things?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top