Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2003 6:26:43 PM EDT
I was told to try Vicks Vapor rub on toe nail fungus.First you cut back all the infected toe nail that you can. Then you clean out all that thick junk off your toe nail. Then you rub Vicks 2 times a day on your toe nail. With end a month or two you should see new clear toe nails.Will take time for toe nail to fully grow out clean. Any body tried this? I do not want to take those pills. I guess I will start this week and let you know how it works out.Well at least my feet will smell better.(_!_)
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:05:49 PM EDT
[#1]
[puke]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:08:04 PM EDT
[#2]
The pills aint that bad.  Aren't covered by a lot of plans though.  Let us know how your method works out.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:09:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Well rainman are you saying that I should try vomit instead of Vicks?I think I will try the Vicks first. If that don't work then I will try the vomit.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:20:22 PM EDT
[#4]
[lolabove]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:29:50 PM EDT
[#5]
If people can grow mushrooms "for fun and profit" why not toe jam? After all, it is a fungus too.

If this ground floor (well, actually sub-ground-floor since mushrooms do best in basements)business opportunity doesn't appeal to your entrepreneurial spirit, you can always go to your primary care physician and ask him for a script.

People with similar conditions can be treated topically with Penlac. The oral stuff, ketoconazole, can mess the liver. Fluconazole or Nystatin  might be worth a shot for them as well.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:32:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Not to worry you but,

I knew a guy that had toenail fungus... a week later he was dead and the fungus is what killed him.

You see he was crossing the street barefoot and he stopped in the middle of the road to look down at his toe when... WHAM!!! got hit by a truck.

Dont fu*k with that fungus... It can kill you.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:39:30 PM EDT
[#7]

I heard that it takes a year for the new nail to grow in...

Ditto on letting us know how it works.

The pill seems to have a lot of side effects listed..
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:44:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:55:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Copper sulfate.  Soak foot in it 30 minutes a day in a 0.5% solution.  Turns the skin a neat shade of green but it kills the fungus. You can do this with a sponge instead of making gallons of soaking solution.

In old days when books were bound in leather, the librians would use a 5% solution of CuSO4 on a rag, allow the rag to dry, and rub the bindings to prevent fungus.  Its so effective that a single treatment lasts for months of constant handling.

I have seen copper sulfate sold at Wal Mart for killing tree roots in sewers.  Hardware section.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:02:35 PM EDT
[#10]
P-gass. A doctor that writes a column and answers letters in the newspaper says that he has had hundreds of people write to tell him that Vicks works on nail fungus when it is used as you said, nails trimmed as much as possible and the Vicks rubbed in well.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:42:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Toenails regrow in an average of 140 days from the quick to overhanging the bed slightly.

Take some colloidal silver.  It'll clear the fungus right up.

Google it if you don't know what it is.

CJ
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top