Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2003 1:26:50 PM EDT
I sold my beloved 89 Ford Ranger XLT a few weeks ago. I bought a new one yesterday. A ford Ranger Edge. Goodyear tires, air, cd player, cloth seats, man trans 3.0 6 cyn short bed 10K. Did I do OK? I like the truck so I guess I am happy.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:31:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats! Enjoy your new ride.

I also have a question. I've seen some of them with a little green leaf emblem on the back. Does yours have that? What does it signify? Somethin about the emmissions?

thanks,
ARgue
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:37:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Congrats! Enjoy your new ride.

I also have a question. I've seen some of them with a little green leaf emblem on the back. Does yours have that? What does it signify? Somethin about the emmissions?

thanks,
ARgue
View Quote

They used to sell a natural gas version, I can't find it on the ford website now, that may have been whet it was.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:50:59 PM EDT
[#3]
The Vulcan 3.0 they put in the Rangers can run on Ethanol, it's an alternative fuel vehicle.

Anyway, I have a 1999 Ranger Supercab XLT Flareside 4x4 with the 3.0...I wish it was the 4.0, but they accelerate almost the same so I can still keep up.

It is also hard to find performance parts for the engine but here's what I have found so far:

http://www.ssd4u.com/streetsmart_001.htm
makes a couple of cool low-cost mods

http://www.therangerstation.com/
have everything you want to know about any ranger truck

and of course JC Whitney and the rest have things scattered about that might fit.

Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:59:49 PM EDT
[#4]
sorry, no green leaf. So far so good. Thanks, John
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top