Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/26/2003 12:06:06 PM EDT
Anyone know what it was at last year at this time?  Didn't know where else to ask!  
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 12:09:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it was several hundred by this time.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 12:20:02 PM EDT
[#2]
And any clue on actual attendance?
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 12:27:25 PM EDT
[#3]
The castle cronies site says 92 with 10 days to go.
I'll bet timmmaaayyyy has padded the numbers a bit as well. It should be a hoot though, lots of cronies saying good morning to each other, king cronie getting drunk and everyone patting each other on the backsides.
ROTFLMFAO !!
BTW, I hear there is plenty of openings at the lodging areas.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 12:37:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 12:46:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 12:48:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Tickets are still available.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 12:49:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Wonder if anyone is stupid enough to pay for a raffle ticket?
View Quote

I bought five - what's it to ya?
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 12:51:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

P.T. Barnum was correct. A sucker born every minute.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:00:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:01:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:06:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

I have a pre ban Mak90 to sell.
You interested ?
View Quote

No.

But I'm sure if enough people on this board started talking about how great it was and how legit it was, some sucker would want it.

I, for one, refuse to follow the libelous bandwagon you folks have taken up.

Someday your moutyh will get the best of you.

World record anti-casgtle arms circle-jerk is all it is. Pathethic really.

BTW, what's the deal on the Texas shoot? How about the Armalite rifles? Oh wait - they are waiting for exact numbers and money up front? Interesting? A certain other group of people were willing to put there finances on the line for it - now you call them crooks. I am impressed.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:09:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:14:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

I have a pre ban Mak90 to sell.
You interested ?
View Quote

No.

But I'm sure if enough people on this board started talking about how great it was and how legit it was, some sucker would want it.

I, for one, refuse to follow the libelous bandwagon you folks have taken up.

Someday your moutyh will get the best of you.

World record anti-casgtle arms circle-jerk is all it is. Pathethic really.

BTW, what's the deal on the Texas shoot? How about the Armalite rifles? Oh wait - they are waiting for exact numbers and money up front? Interesting? A certain other group of people were willing to put there finances on the line for it - now you call them crooks. I am impressed.
View Quote

Shouldn't you be over at gaygun-talk ??  I'm sure one or two losers are logged in, you could say good afternoon or something. [rolleyes]
Oh, and don't forget to kiss the crony stones.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:29:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
A certain other group of people were willing to put there finances on the line for it
View Quote

Who and how much?

- now you call them crooks. I am impressed.
View Quote

You do not have to eat a whole egg to know it is rotten.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:31:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah, that's why the facts as set out by Ed Avilla have been confirmed to a degree by the Castle Arms cronies?  They admitted to giving door prizes to their own people, knives disappeared AND RECENTLY REAPPEARED ON VARIOUS WEBSITES BEING SOLD BY ANTIUSSA.

So if the shoe fits, lets let those assholes wear it.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:05:58 AM EDT
[#16]
If the range wasn't set up 5 milesaway from the vendors tent, and if the whole thing had not come off like the insider-crony-cliquefest that it was, it could've been the start of something good.
Personally,roasting away in the vendor's tent,  watching a bunch of drunk sunburned middle aged clique members chasing around the one or two womenz at the Con. got old really fast.

CKMorley
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:12:48 AM EDT
[#17]
IBTL.......[:D]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:28:36 AM EDT
[#18]
i don't do pre-registration for bulletfest, but my guess is (based on emails, im's, phone calls and expirience from the last three bulletfests) that we will have well over 1000 cyber-shooters attend this year's event. you never know untill 9am on the day of the event...it could be many more than that.

my guess is that between 250 and 350 folks attended last year's brc. i had a lot of fun and agree, it could have been the beginning of something big.

Link Posted: 5/27/2003 8:23:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
....I, for one, refuse to follow the libelous bandwagon you folks have taken up.

Someday your mouth will get the best of you.

World record anti-castle arms circle-jerk is all it is. Pathetic really....
View Quote

I agree.

Grow the fuck up guys.

I hate to say this to guys that I've grown to like, but so be it.  And if you want to ostracize me, and say shit like this to me too:

Shouldn't you be over at gaygun-talk ?? I'm sure one or two losers are logged in, you could say good afternoon or something.
Oh, and don't forget to kiss the crony stones.
View Quote

So be it...  
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 8:31:52 AM EDT
[#20]
One of two things will happen.  The event will either fly this year with enough success to have it again next year, or it won't.  If it ends up being the last year for it, let's not give anyone at any other websites an excuse to blame the demise of the event on arfcom.  "Those guys were mf'ing us all the time, no wonder no one showed up".

If you're not going, don't go.  Let's wait until after it's over to do the autopsy, and let it sink or swim without any help from this place.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 9:07:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 10:05:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

[ROFL2]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 10:06:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 12:12:06 PM EDT
[#24]
It's really too bad that the BRC has fallen into such a pit.

I attended the first one, and although I had issues with the way items were raffled, on the whole, I had a great time.

PASA park was fun, I got to meet a whole bunch of people, and had a good time at the hotel.

It really could have been something huge!

Av.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 12:21:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
...(You guys know they tried to get the IL Attorney General on us right? That's a fun story too!)...
View Quote

What bar do I have to meet you in and how many beers do I have to buy to hear this one at length?
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 12:37:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
...(You guys know they tried to get the IL Attorney General on us right? That's a fun story too!)...
View Quote

What bar do I have to meet you in and how many beers do I have to buy to hear this one at length?
View Quote

Save me a seat!
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 12:40:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 12:46:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Save me a seat!
View Quote

I'll buy the first round.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 12:59:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Shoulda planned a Party Crashing...
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 1:12:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 1:32:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

I have been absolutely salivating for this to be made public.  [pissed]

Guys, it is not mine to post details (also, I don't KNOW all the details), but suffice to say, we have a VERY rabidly anti-gun Attorney General here in Illinois, and BOGUS charges were made to her regarding this site.  The POS who did this can be named by [b]GoatBoy[/b] if he sees fit, but suffice to say he is associated with the CA bunch.  [pissed]

Anyone who wishes to come to this site and defend those sorry POS individuals is either ignorant of the facts and should STFU, or stupid in the extreme and should STFU.  Your choice which category you fall into.  [:(!]
View Quote

Let me guess... his internet moniker rhymes with Urine plus the Korean slang word for female genetalia (poji).
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 1:38:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 1:50:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 1:52:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Well we have Adam_White and HKocher who have shown
their true colors and are Castle Arms sympathizers.
Anyone else wanna show their colors.
Buy supporting Castle Arms you also think what they do
is ok, which means its ok for us to call you boss, steel, lie
and call the Attorney General on a website thousands of
gun owners enjoy. Adam_White and HKocher, you two
are real stand up guys. Your as low as the Castle Arms
cronies and Arock as far as I am concerned.
View Quote

If I go and steal all their door/raffle prizes out of their trailers, would that be OK?

Sheesh!  There are a lot of major companies going to be represented there.  I hardly think that patronizing a shoot is tatamount to endorsing the broad spectrum or behavior exhibited by a couple of the organizers.

Heres a list of your so-called "Castle Arms sympathizers".  I don't suppose they all should be lumped into the broad flame you applied to a couple of the guys here.

[b]
East Ridge / State Arms
Alchemy Arms
Cavalry Arms
Castle Arms, Inc
Model-1-Sales
Williams Trigger Specialties
Denny's Guns
DPMS
DSA Arms
Fulton Armory
Falcon Industries
Buffer Technologies
Midway USA
Quincy Music center
Tapco
Red Hot MOJO
Heinie Specialty Products
Defensive Edge
Alexander Arms
Shotgun News
Tannerite
M16 Pig Tail
M16 Clinic
M4 Stinger
Legal Transfers
Jonathon A Ciener
TNT Golf Carts
FN Herstel
Firing Line
Slip 2000
97.9 KICK FM
3 Bucc
DoubleStar / JT Distributing
Heartland Lodge
POF-USA
Gun-Talk.com
Barry Ice House Inn
Comstock-Castle Stove
Southern Small Arms
Rental Service Corp.
J. Dewey Manufacturing
Merkels Sporting Goods
Randy's Video
[/b]

I'm fairly familiar with the story, and I must say, the details were disturbing.

No sympathizer here, but I will continue to patronize some of these sponsers!
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 1:59:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 1:59:46 PM EDT
[#36]
LOL....looks like there will be more sponsors than people there.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 2:03:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Anyone who wishes to come to this site and defend those sorry POS individuals is either ignorant of the facts and should STFU, or stupid in the extreme and should STFU.  Your choice which category you fall into.  [:(!]
View Quote

First off, I'm not defending anyone.  Personally, I think this whole affair is sad on both sides.  It’s unfortunate that old friends have become enemies on this board, and it’s disturbing that this it is becoming a ‘trend’ around here lately…

Well, perhaps I don't know all the facts, nor do I want to, but I do wish everyone would get on with their lives.  Someone has to be the bigger man, because this isn’t going to go away if people keep rekindling the flame.  In fact, it seems like things are getting worse and worse, what’s next, shots fired???
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 2:05:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 2:06:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Dude, read my post more carefully.
No one is saying anything about the sponsors.
It defending Castle Arms!
That's the point.
How was that unclear to you ?
View Quote

All right, it just seemed like you meant that anyone who would be attending this shoot was supporting Castle Arms and company.  Not a major leap, since they are the organizers, and are no doubt attempting to promote their bottom line.

[b]"Buy supporting Castle Arms you also think what they do is ok, which means its ok for us to call you boss, steel, lie and call the Attorney General on a website thousands of gun owners enjoy. Adam_White and HKocher, you two are real stand up guys. Your as low as the Castle Arms cronies and Arock as far as I am concerned."[/b]

Maybe I jumped too quickly, but it did indeed sound like you were referring to all attendees and sponsers.

Sorry for the misunderstanding if there was one.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 2:10:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
LOL....looks like there will be more sponsors than people there.
View Quote

That may indeed be the truth, meaning there will not likely be many sponsers next year.  Many of these sponsers were impressed with the number of people at the first event.  Thas is a real tribute to this site!  [:)]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 2:12:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

First off, I'm not defending anyone.  Personally, I think this whole affair is sad on both sides.  It’s unfortunate that old friends have become enemies on this board, and it’s disturbing that this it is becoming a ‘trend’ around here lately…

Well, perhaps I don't know all the facts, nor do I want to, but I do wish everyone would get on with their lives.  Someone has to be the bigger man, because this isn’t going to go away if people keep rekindling the flame.  In fact, it seems like things are getting worse and worse, what’s next, shots fired???
View Quote

This boils down to opportunistic pricks taking advantage of the Avillas and their trust.

The CA cronies saw an opportunity to steal from AR15.com and they took that opportunity.  Not only did CA and that bunch of losers steal the BRC door prizes last year, but they manipulated staff and mods to get them the arfcom frequenter's email addresses and information.  Add to that the VERY REAL fraud perpetrated on the Brothers in Arms Fund and you don't have two parties battling it out, you have ONE party unilaterally taking all of the Avilla's good will and stomping on it.

There is little to NO blame that can be cast on the fine owners of this board.  Time and time again, accountings are asked for and the CA crew walks away.  I personally hope their BRC fails, their supporters walk away and they are black listed in the gun community, because they surely have earned and deserve it!

And I'm sorry for bringing it up, I wasn't looking to stir the hornets nest on this one.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 2:13:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 2:45:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Well we have Adam_White and HKocher who have shown
their true colors and are Castle Arms sympathizers.
Anyone else wanna show their colors.
Buy supporting Castle Arms you also think what they do
is ok, which means its ok for us to call you boss, steel, lie
and call the Attorney General on a website thousands of
gun owners enjoy. Adam_White and HKocher, you two
are real stand up guys. Your as low as the Castle Arms
cronies and Arock as far as I am concerned.
View Quote

Sigh....  Where do I start with this one???

Ilikelegs.  I've got no bone to pick with you.  Unfortunately we've never met, perhaps if we had, you'd give me the respect due to hear me out instead of lumping me in some imaginary group of 'evil' people.  I didn't know I was in the 'Axis of Evil.'  Do I get a badge?

Anyway, I'm not defending anything that may have happened.  It's in the past (hopefully) so why not bury the issue before someone gets hurt (economically, legally, physically, etc...) any further?

But being a MO resident, I have shot with the folks the you so lovingly refer to as the Castle Arms Cronies.  Let me just say that they have never done me any wrong, and in fact quite the opposite.  Maybe things have changed, and they have done wrong since then.  BUT don't criticize me for NOT jumping on the bandwagon of CA haters.  

Hell, I've got all kinds of love for Ed Sr. and the crew, so I'm not on anyone's side.  I think that this thing needs to be ended, since nothing good can come from rehashing the issue.

I've stayed out of this one for so long because of the mob mentality that you just displayed here.  You want to crucify me for not agreeing 100% with you????  Jesus, get a grip, we're all allow to think a little differently now and then.  

Don't hate me for being a peacenik.[;)]  
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 2:56:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 3:14:50 PM EDT
[#45]
HKocher, I too was completely distraught at the conflict and eventual 'side picking' that occurred with a few of the Mid-Mo crew.

I got the opportunity to meet, camp with, and enjoy the company of the likes of Medcop, QBang (where'd he disappear to?), Urodoji (pre Castle Arms employee status), et al, at Bulletfest III. It truly has been a sad situation that lines had to be drawn, but it was pretty obvious that with respect to the principals involved, feelings had festered to the breaking point, and there was no desire on either part to repair the relationships. The fallout was much wider than expected. The net result is they do their thing, we do our thing, everyone has their own thing and we move on and on.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 3:15:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Can we make it at least halfway between NY, and Oregon?? [:D] I'd like to hear this one myself...
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 3:34:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
And don't ask about the AG thing... I dealt with it and wont be sharing any information unless they try to bring it up again. [rolleyes]
View Quote

Hi GB. It's too bad, that what little free time you have, you have to spend it in threads like this.
Do you have another browser open to the EE? I do! [:D] Some good deals over at the ARFCOM gun show..

Anyhow, I just wonder if there is any concern that the AG thing could be a potential threat to the membership?? If you can, could you elucidate a little more??
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 3:59:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 4:21:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 4:25:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
..... I don't disregard friendships
so easily as others have in the past. This site has done a lot of great things
for the gun community and I will help defend it any way I can.
View Quote

I could not have said it better.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top