Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2003 5:14:32 AM EDT
"I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country." --Nathan Hale

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived." --Gen. George S. Patton ++ “To be a soldier or descended from soldiers, in time of peace to be ready to give one’s life rather than suffer disgrace, that is what the word has meant; and if we try to claim it at less cost than a splendid carelessness for life, we are trying to steal the good will without the responsibilities of the place.” --Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr. ++ “It is sweet and honorable to die for one’s country.” --Horace ++ “Peace is more important than all justice; and peace was not made for the sake of justice, but justice for the sake of peace.” --Martin Luther ++ “Here rests in honored glory an American soldier known but to God.” --Inscription on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier ++ “But what is liberty without wisdom, and without virtue? It is the greatest of all possible evils; for it is folly, vice, and madness, without tuition or restraint.” --Edmund Burke ++ “They summed up and perfected, by one supreme act, the highest virtues of men and citizens. For love of country they accepted death, and thus resolved all doubts, and made immortal their patriotism and virtue.” --Gen. James A. Garfield ++ “To save your world you asked this man to die; Would this man, could he see you now, ask why?” --Wystan H. Auden, Epitaph for an unknown soldier
"By profession I am a soldier and take great pride in that fact, but I am prouder, infinitely prouder, to be a father. A soldier destroys in order to build; the father only builds, never destroys. The one has the potentialities of death; the other embodies creations and life. And while the hordes of death are mighty, the battalions of life are mightier still." --General Douglas MacArthur

"I have fought a good fight. I have finished my course. I have kept the faith." (Timothy 2:4:7)

Link Posted: 5/26/2003 5:29:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Uncommon Valor Was A Common Virtue.

Retreat Hell!We're just attacking in another direction!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top