Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2016 11:03:56 PM EDT
Was looking to trade in my truck and get a new 4runner. Assholes in sales waste time about 3-4 hours and then show their most expensive 4runner. I called them out on their BS and when I said you have this vehilcle listed on your website still and says available, mofo says they sell 250 a month and just sold that one and website takes time to update the inventory..  

Call in 2nd day to confirm if the said vehicle is indeed in stock and again available. Walked in and other guys starts off nice and gets to original BS again. At that point I decided to play along and along and along till end of day then backed out wasting their time and potential sales.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:05:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool, I bet you enjoyed your day.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:05:53 PM EDT
[#2]
That's like trolling in real life.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:08:14 PM EDT
[#3]
You think you screwed them.....

You actually screwed yourself!
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:09:36 PM EDT
[#4]
0.5/10
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:11:12 PM EDT
[#5]
lol 4runner
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:11:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

out of what ?

Enjoyed a few coffees, cold beverages, popcorns etc. They even had a cookout going.

Oh and I was freeeeee all day without any plans.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:13:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I would call that one day of my life lost

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:13:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

lol 4runner
View Quote
IMO, the tires on the new ones are WAY too narrow.  They're so narrow, the whole of the vehicle looks unbalanced, IMO.

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:13:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

out of what ?

Enjoyed a few coffees, cold beverages, popcorns etc. They even had a cookout going.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

out of what ?

Really?  You couldn't have found something more productive to do with your time?  You wasted a day of your life.  But you can't see that?  Can you?  

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:14:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
lol 4runner
View Quote

What's funny about 4Runners?
They are very well made.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:16:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Really?  You couldn't have found something more productive to do with your time?  You wasted a day of your life.  But you can't see that?  Can you?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

out of what ?

I would be pissed really bad if I were to be busy or had other plans. But nope trolling has its own priority sometimes, and going extra mile to see that pissed off look on the sales guys face was worth every minute.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:17:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They are very well made.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol 4runner

They are very well made.

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:18:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:21:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
lol 4runner
View Quote

yeah whats soo funny about 4 runner
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:23:40 PM EDT
[#15]
OP is a slow learner.  He went back for seconds of a shit shit sandwich.  I'd waste my time at another dealership.  Won't even mention TOYOTA.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:23:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I would be pissed really bad if I were to be busy or had other plans. But nope trolling has its own priority sometimes, and going extra mile to see that pissed off look on the sales guys face was worth every minute.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

out of what ?

OK...  Fair enough...  To each, his own.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:25:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Dude, I'm legitimately retired and don't have time to play games like that.  How sad is your life?
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:25:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

out of what ?

You could probably have hit up 3 other dealerships and driven home in the truck you wanted for the best price you could get instead of wasting your time and some schlep salesman's time all day.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:27:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Was looking to trade in my truck and get a new 4runner. Assholes in sales waste time about 3-4 hours and then show their most expensive 4runner. I called them out on their BS and when I said you have this vehilcle listed on your website still and says available, mofo says they sell 250 a month and just sold that one and website takes time to update the inventory..  

Call in 2nd day to confirm if the said vehicle is indeed in stock and again available. Walked in and other guys starts off nice and gets to original BS again. At that point I decided to play along and along and along till end of day then backed out wasting their time and potential sales.
View Quote

1. Find vehicle in lot.

2. Stand next to vehicle.

3. Ask salesperson to test drive vehicle.

4. Begin negotiating price on said vehicle.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:28:39 PM EDT
[#20]
I had one that kept playing games with me, so on a test drive I drove to a different dealer (right down the street) and got out of the car.

Bought my current truck that day
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:29:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I had one that kept playing games with me, so on a test drive I drove to a different dealer (right down the street) and got out of the car.

View Quote

Your style.

I like it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:30:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I need to do that too. That sounds epic
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:33:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Dude, I'm legitimately retired and don't have time to play games like that.  How sad is your life?
View Quote

LOL not at all.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:35:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

1. Find vehicle in lot.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. Find vehicle in lot.

Thats what I normally do and like to be in and out in a 2-3 hours. But this said stealership doesn't keep anything on front. they "bring it from the back lot"
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:40:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
IMO, the tires on the new ones are WAY too narrow.  They're so narrow, the whole of the vehicle looks unbalanced, IMO.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol 4runner

They put those narrow low profile tires on the limiteds which are full time 4wd, the only way they'll get the same mileage as the other models.

Doesn't make sense to have the best 4wd system with the worst tires on the luxury mall crawler model.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:41:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Car salesmen have to employ those tactics to make sales. I don't like it either. I hate buying a new car these days.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:47:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Why didn't your mom want to come with you op?
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:48:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

They put those narrow low profile tires on the limiteds which are full time 4wd, the only way they'll get the same mileage as the other models.

Doesn't make sense to have the best 4wd system with the worst tires on the luxury mall crawler model.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol 4runner

It does when you know your smart customers will replace those tires and wheels with something that isn't EPA regulation friendly (the only reason skinny tires exist on non-budget cars), and your dumb customers are buying the badge.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:51:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
That's like trolling in real life.
View Quote

yep.  I can think of better things to do too.  Today I visited an extinct volcano and the rangers would not let me do a human sacrifice.  I told them that the Fire God demanded it and that if not appeased, that the world could be destroyed.  Don't blame me if no one wakes up because of the destruction of earth.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:52:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Thats what I normally do and like to be in and out in a 2-3 hours. But this said stealership doesn't keep anything on front. they "bring it from the back lot"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. Find vehicle in lot.

What happens when you walk to the back lot where the cars are?
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:53:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. Find vehicle in lot.

Last I saw, the "back lot" was employee parking.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:56:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol 4runner

They are very well made.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3lx25RqJ51qmskon.gif#laughing%20hard%20gif

You carry a fire extinguisher and a AAA card in your jeep?
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:57:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. Find vehicle in lot.

Nope its fenced and close, they bring up one car at a time.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:58:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

What, is the dealership in a high crime area?

Shit, even our "fancy european imports" (Porche, Mercedes AMG, few others) place leaves everything but one or two in the front.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 12:02:11 AM EDT
[#35]
It is Toyota , My experience in trying twice to buy a car at a Toyota dealership was they don't give a fuck .
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 12:03:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Shit, even our "fancy european imports" (Porche, Mercedes AMG, few others) place leaves everything but one or two in the front.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No dude, its the other way around. Its in the most upscale area right next to airport.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 12:05:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

No dude, its the other way around. Its in the most upscale area right next to airport.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the most upscale area in your community is next to the airport, well, I feel sorry for your poor.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 12:06:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

out of what ?

Personally I think it's funny he did what he did
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 12:08:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Wow, can these mofos do that and get away with it ? one of the reviews below

I was going to finance my car through my credit union at a very competitive rate. Toyota of Grapevine asked me if I will finance with Toyota if they can match it. The same night, we signed the agreement. A couple of weeks later, I received notifications from THREE banks letting me know that Toyota of Grapevine applied for loans on my behalf with each of them. When I called Toyota of Grapevine to ask why they did that. I was told that this is their business practice to see if they got me a competitive rate. I explained to them that I don't appreciate them using my personal information to apply for loans without my approval, specially that they contacted the three banks AFTER I already signed the financing agreement with Toyota. They failed to provide any logical explanation for what they did
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 12:09:52 AM EDT
[#40]
really should of recorded the convo and posted it on youtube.  Also tell them you like cheap Walmart wine.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 12:14:07 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

lol 4runner

i thought that the other day seeing one driving down the road.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 12:14:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Not enough hours in the day for shit like that.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 12:17:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Deal with the Internet sales rep. You don't have to waste your time and can negotiate with several stealerships at once playing them off one another.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 12:22:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

out of what ?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

out of what ?

Free the whole day? Were your parents out of town? Home alone?
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 12:30:04 AM EDT
[#45]
You need to find some shit to do if you have that much time.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 12:31:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

out of what ?

Nope, wife went shopping etc, girlfriend went out of town. Had to fuck something right.

jk
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top