Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2016 7:36:54 PM EDT
He rocks !!!

Dear Friend,

Nearly two weeks have passed since the devastating attack in Orlando. As a nation, we continue to remember the 49 lives lost and we pray for their families.

The attack in Orlando, carried out by an individual inspired by the Islamic State, is yet another reminder of the threat we face here at home. As we move forward and continue to learn more about the attack from security briefings with the FBI, the Department of Homeland Security, and the National Counterterrorism Center, we must seek to prevent another ISIS-inspired attack in any of our cities or communities. We are at war with Islamic terrorists. We must aggressively confront and eliminate this enemy.  

Earlier this week, news reports indicated the Obama Administration had decided to edit the Orlando shooter’s 911 call transcript in order to censor references to ISIS. Due to demands from Congress and the public, the Obama Administration reversed its own decision hours later and released the full transcript. As Speaker Paul Ryan stated, “The attempt to selectively edit the record reflects a broader, more serious problem: this administration’s continued effort to downplay and distract from the threat of radical Islamist extremism.”

Efforts to distract the public were also seen in the U.S. House of Representatives. House Democrats staged a “sit-in” on the floor of the House this week, demanding legislation that would prevent individuals on the no-fly list from purchasing firearms. We know that this legislation would not have prevented the terrible attack in Orlando. House Democrats chose to use this tragedy as a way to raise money for their campaigns.

Attacking the Constitutional rights of law-abiding citizens never works. Chicago has some of the strictest gun control laws in the country. Chicago has had over 300 homicides this year. A ban on guns is not the solution.

This week, Senator John Cornyn from Texas offered language that would notify law enforcement if a known or suspected terrorist tries to buy firearms and authorizes law enforcement agencies, such as the FBI, to delay the purchase for up to three days in order to provide time to conduct an investigation and potentially prohibit a terrorist from purchasing guns. Unfortunately, almost all of the Democrats did not support this effort and the language failed to obtain enough votes for passage. The fact that the Democrats would not support any efforts other than their own makes me question their willingness to find a solution that would help to prevent terrorists purchasing firearms. The National Rifle Association supported Senator Cornyn’s language which protects our Due Process rights.

Despite the best efforts of House Democrats to undermine the Rules of the House and halt the legislative progress for the week, Republicans worked to ensure we did our job by passing legislation to provide funding for our military and our veterans as well as resources to combat the Zika virus. Republicans are working while the Democrats play games.

God Bless,

Gregg Harper
Member of Congress

harper.house.gov | (202) 225-5031 | 307 Cannon HOB | Washington, DC 20515
Update My Profile | Unsubscribe | Privacy Policy
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 8:20:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn you got a good congressman there.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 8:39:51 PM EDT
[#2]
You might have one of the few that does not need to go.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 8:40:55 PM EDT
[#3]
My congressmen are all a bunch of communist shit stains
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 8:41:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Good
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 8:44:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Cut, Paste, send to my dickless, libtarded, fuckwadsucking, ass-hat, congressmen looser's.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 8:44:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My congressmen are all a bunch of communist shit stains
View Quote

Why yes...Yes they are...
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 8:45:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Seems almost too good to be true.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 8:47:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Got one from mine as well. Flat out said the 2nd amendment is not negotiable. Also railed on the Obama admin for trying to whitewash the terrorist attack and turn it into a gun issue.

There are a few good ones left...
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 8:58:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 9:14:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I received one from my Rep (Democrat) today as well. I was a bit surprised. His response was not what I would have expected, it focused on enforcing existing laws and mental health rather than an AWB. He stopped short of being pro-gun by ARFcom standards, but seemed to respect the validity of the 2A (with a bit of a Fudd-ish influence).

Sadly, it feels like a win in the current political climate and is damn sure better than the one that came from the (D) Senator.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 9:18:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm jealous. I think I heard on the radio that mine was sitting on the floor.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 9:29:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Harper is our man in WASH. also. We have sent him several emails also, great he is replying to some, though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top