Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2001 6:18:11 PM EDT
Here's another one for ya'll.

I hate cutting myself up every morning and afternoon too if I'm going out, with a razor, but the electrics just don't work, I suppose if you read the directions that come with an electric razor it'd say something like shave with a razor, then use this little buzzing electric PoS every two hours for the rest of your life. I ought to just quit and go natural but the long hair on top is already one strike against me to some.

We can buy radio controlled vibrators and even russians can own cars now, why can't we have a decent electric shaver?

Erick..shamelessly working on senior membership with another vs. post.
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 6:20:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Get a Braun.  Made in Germany!
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 6:26:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I use a Norelco lift and cut. Works good for me!Made in Holland
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 6:30:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I use an electric shaver...

I don't like sharp objects that close to my neck. [:D]

[sniper]
The Sniper
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 6:31:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I got remingtons R 856 (AKA the waterproof hedge Clipper [:D]) I'm 20 and have the thickest growth anyone has ever seen, I shave twice a day, and still get 5 o'clock shadow, but the good ole hedge trimmer works wonders, and its waterproof so I don't have to worry about getting it wet, now if they just made a car charger for it [;)]
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 6:41:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Man I'm lucky. I only shave 2 times a week with a sharp bowie knife.
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 11:50:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Take a Bic lighter and burn it off[pyro]
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 12:34:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By The Sniper:
I use an electric shaver...

I don't like sharp objects that close to my neck. [:D]

[sniper]
The Sniper
View Quote

Ditto.  I'll [b]never[/b] go to the barber for a straight edge razor shave!

The guy could go postal and your neck will be the first to go.

No offense to any of the barbers who may be frequenting this site.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 7:04:06 AM EDT
[#8]
You need to try different razors 'till you find one comfortable for you.  They are not the same.  I used to bleed like a stuck pig until I found the green Schick double edged disposables, and I shave with regular soap either in, or right after the shower.  No blood.  No problem.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 7:20:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Here's another one for ya'll.

I hate cutting myself up every morning and afternoon too if I'm going out, with a razor, but the electrics just don't work, I suppose if you read the directions that come with an electric razor it'd say something like shave with a razor, then use this little buzzing electric PoS every two hours for the rest of your life. I ought to just quit and go natural but the long hair on top is already one strike against me to some.

We can buy radio controlled vibrators and even russians can own cars now, why can't we have a decent electric shaver?

Erick..shamelessly working on senior membership with another vs. post.
View Quote

Sometimes when I let my scruff grow for a few days and it gets real thick, I shave first with my electric razor, then shave with Edge Extra Sensetive Gel and a Mach 3. You get a real close and comfortable shave that way (sorry that sounded like a commercial). Mach 3 blades are expensive, and only last about a week, but they are worth it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 8:01:42 AM EDT
[#10]
I feel your pain ( oh my god I just quoted Klinton, somebody slap me). My beard grows every which direction and will take the hide off ya.  just keep trying different razors and shaving creams, eventually you will find one that works.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 10:00:03 AM EDT
[#11]
I just use a disposible razor w/o any shaving cream or anything.  Usually I'll use cold water, once in a while I'll even use warm water if I don't have to wait too long for it.  I got used to shaving that way, and now that's just natural for me.  What can I say, I'm simple maintenance[:D]

Ross
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 10:29:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 11:35:47 AM EDT
[#13]
My MACH3 blades last a month.  

Link Posted: 4/29/2001 11:42:03 AM EDT
[#14]

You could try Nair  [}:D]
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 11:50:15 AM EDT
[#15]
I never had any luck with electric shavers until I put my weed eater gas motor on my Remington shaver and juiced it with a Nitrous Works fogger system.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 12:03:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Edge Extra Sensetive Gel and a Mach 3. You get a real close and comfortable shave that way (sorry that sounded like a commercial). Mach 3 blades are expensive, and only last about a week, but they are worth it.

I agree, but my blades last about 3 weeks
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 12:06:31 PM EDT
[#17]
AKsRule, I used that cream hair removal stuff once, it works, but your face will feel funny for a day or two, and it still grows back in a week (stupid container says a month)

plus its just not manly enough.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 10:11:26 PM EDT
[#18]
The Braun is fine, comes with 3 changeable screens for however close, and a charger.  You can use it plugged in, and ours has a sideburn trimmer that pops up on the side.

Alternative is to let it grow.  Last year I told myself I'm too old for this crap, and went ahead after wondering a few times how it would work out.  Two guys at work had tried it and been bossed (literally) or nagged into giving it up.   No problem now, the boss 2 levels up has one himself.

[red][size=4] P.R.K.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 10:14:16 PM EDT
[#19]
I agree that the electric razors suck but I use them simply because I'm too lazy to get out the razor and shaving cream.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 10:26:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I just use a disposible razor w/o any shaving cream or anything.  Usually I'll use cold water, once in a while I'll even use warm water if I don't have to wait too long for it.  I got used to shaving that way, and now that's just natural for me.  What can I say, I'm simple maintenance[:D]

Ross
View Quote

That's my method, also. Did you learn to shave in prison, too? [;)]
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 10:35:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Nads hair removal system.  It's not just for nads anymore.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 1:16:07 AM EDT
[#22]
timeport is right. Get a Braun. I've tried some and ended up with a Braun. The last 9 years I used one and the same. Still functions. But I've seen some cool new Brauns that clean themselves...thinking of getting one[X]
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 4:04:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Get a good straight razor, brush, mug, and soap.  Use lots of water on face prior to soaping.  Work later into beard.  Rinse razor often.  First feeling of pulling, rinse razor.  Keep razor sharp and clean.  Best shave I ever get was in a barber shop with a straight razor.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 4:15:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Straight razor!!!
It is a good way to build concentration skills. I like to do it once a week.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top