Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2003 9:59:16 AM EDT
I already tried salt water, I am going to try some hard alchohol maybe that will clean it up because I think most of that sore throat spray is just alchohol? right?
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:05:18 AM EDT
[#1]
make some ginger ale. from real ginger, don't drink the bottled kind.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:11:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Everclear and lots of it. Your throat might still hurt, but you won't know it! [:)]

[img]http://www.beerliquors.com/images/graphic/spiritEverclearGrain.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:11:53 AM EDT
[#3]
It depends on the cause of your sore throat.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:31:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow amazing what some 80 proof will do for ya!

suprisingly It feels alot better now.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 2:50:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Lidocaine Viscous solution by prescription. This stuff totally numbs out your throat... and tongue and mouth too but it works great.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 2:53:58 PM EDT
[#6]

"how to clear up a sore throat?"

Ummm.... nevermind. [shock]

Link Posted: 5/25/2003 2:54:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Agree with Ogre and Sodie. Need a diagnosis to treat the cause, and a Xylocaine-type anesthetic spray will allow you to swallow a flaming porcupine and not feel a thing.

Edit - oops, saw that you already tried salt water.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:01:08 PM EDT
[#8]
hot tea with honey

t
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:34:26 PM EDT
[#9]
some things i have heard, but don't neccessarily advocate without having tried.

old fashioned Listerine placed in a pump spray, spray on back of throat full strength.

coca cola actually has a somewhat lessening effect on throat pain for some reason.

warm salt water gargles.

gargle schnapps or similar alcohol.

hot and cold packs on throat.

viscous lidocaine.

i had a bad case of strep last winter that turned into painful ulcers on my thraot.  the doc gave me tylenol 3 syrup to gargle.....that worked like a charm, however if you don't have access to t3....  i had a bad one a few years ago, and i popped some vicodin ES i had left over from oral surgery, that worked too...
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:59:14 PM EDT
[#10]
for a simple sore throat try fresh pineapple and slippery elm tea and lozenges...

Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:08:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:11:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Witches' Brew. Or you can take leftover meds like trimox or PCE 500 mg.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:27:52 PM EDT
[#13]
how to clear up a sore throat?
View Quote

You must amputate.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:32:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Codiene cough syrup always works for me[BD]
Gemologist[x]BLOAT
Buy Lots Of Ammo Today
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:33:09 PM EDT
[#15]
A teaspoon of honey
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:43:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Tubalkum, swabbed on liberaly with a blunt tip applicator.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:47:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Time.

Or whatever this guys uses:

[img]http://www.knddesign.com/sescarny/tspic2.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:52:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Move your bed out from under the window.

Had a sore throat for years. Couldn't figure out why. Then I noticed that cold air was coming in through the window even when shut.
Once I moved the bed, no more sore throat.

ED
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:30:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
some things i have heard, but don't neccessarily advocate without having tried.

old fashioned Listerine placed in a pump spray, spray on back of throat full strength.

coca cola actually has a somewhat lessening effect on throat pain for some reason.

warm salt water gargles.

gargle schnapps or similar alcohol.

hot and cold packs on throat.

viscous lidocaine.

i had a bad case of strep last winter that turned into painful ulcers on my thraot.  the doc gave me tylenol 3 syrup to gargle.....that worked like a charm, however if you don't have access to t3....  i had a bad one a few years ago, and i popped some vicodin ES i had left over from oral surgery, that worked too...
View Quote

You advocate putting all this stuff into a pump and putting it down your throat at full strength? THat might just kill you.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:31:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Agree with Ogre and Sodie. Need a diagnosis to treat the cause, and a Xylocaine-type anesthetic spray will allow you to swallow a flaming porcupine and not feel a thing.

Edit - oops, saw that you already tried salt water.
View Quote

I was dying of laughter!!!! A flaming porcupine!!! LOL LOL LOL ROTFLMAO

Hahhahahaha that's classic

I had the impertinence to use that as my sig line.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:39:08 PM EDT
[#21]
wow, all these replies, and no one mentioned the best way to effectively treat a sore throat (that's due to infection) - gargle with Hydrogen Pyroxide. Yep, the stuff you put on cuts.
It's nasty, tastes foul, leaves your mouth feeling like it's stuffed with cotton, but it will knock a sore throat down IMMEDIATELY.
DON'T swallow any.
Read up on it. I'm not a Dr, but I did spend the night at a Holiday Inn.

high-percentage alcohol, be it booze or Listerine kills germs too, but repeatedly soaking your mucous membranes in alcohol will dry them out. You'll kill the infection-inflamation but still have a parched throat.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 11:17:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Gargle liquid Benadryl and spit it out. Or My favorite. Mix Chloraseptic spray with Peanut butter. This is nasty as hell, but it sticks to your throat and lasts a good while.

I would go to a doctor and make sure it is nothing serious.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 11:36:21 PM EDT
[#23]
cunilingus!
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 11:39:13 PM EDT
[#24]
if you were a lady i'd tell you about the good medicine

needs to be injected nice and fresh right into the sore spot

[naughty]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 6:27:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Injected? What? You want to stick a needle down there and inject his throat with some anti-bacterial shit and some pain reliever? Ouch...
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 10:32:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Warm lemonade and a teaspoon of honey. It won't cure it, but at least you will feel better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top